Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Glitter on birthday/valentines cards. Sticks to your fingers and gets everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting a pint of pale ale in a pub and it has no head on it. And the bar man looking at me like I have two heads when I complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My mother launches into what music she wants played at her funeral today as we were having a coffee. Jesus Christ, as my surviving parent, could you not, like? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

When as a single person, I have to go to an afters of a wedding on valentines day, and there is a bunch of absolute skangers and deadbeats there that I had the misfortune of growing up with, and a number of them have girlfriends, and absolutely stunning girlfriends at that, and they turn out to be super nice and pretty cool in general after meeting and talking for a bit.

Then I look over at their partner and I'm thinking "Why are you going out with that pig of an individual??"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I haven't been on this thread in a while and I just went back about 30 pages on my phone to the place I left off reading last time. I finally got to the page and boards logged me out. Then when I logged back in it took me out of the thread.THEN when I went back in it went all the way back to page one. GRRR!!!

Another TA - for some reason, when I type the words "of the" into my phone it auto-corrects and capitalises the words so I have two capital letters in the middle Of The sentence I've just typed! WHY??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

My Earphones won't work in my stoopid ar$e laptop. Stoopid. :( So annoying. Can anyone help? :( There's loads of Google Results about Earphones not working with the latest Windows or something but I dunno....

Update: The sound works in my Wireless Headset but doesn't work with 2 pairs of small Earphones. But they both work in my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭gallifreya

TA'd that my music video playlist now has several songs missing. Grand if they're kind enough to tell you what they were so you can just bang them on again but two are just gan... 'deleted' end of info. Now I'm sitting here notionless thinking damn.... they were probably the best songs ever too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The amount of Gardai threads cropping up in After Hours, maybe merge some of them. :confused:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My coffee machine needs to be de-scaled again, spluttering and farting away there for half an hour and only about a mug full gone through it.

Feckin' hard water grrrr..

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When someone thinks the law doesn't apply to them and feel justified in taking their car off private property onto a public road with absolutely no insurance. You should not be even sitting behind the wheel of a car with no insurance, never mind driving it. So many excuses too, "the insurance is too high", "I don't have a job".

Then you can't afford to run a car. That's it. Don't drive, it's the likes of them driving up everybody else's insurance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I agree, I am one who had to give up her car because of rising costs and uncertain wages.

I drove for a living for 9 years, changed jobs recently and now can't afford the car.

It's a TA and then some.

Still wouldn't dream of getting in to the car until it's all legal and roadworthy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Thought yesterday was Thursday. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I normally get a solid 8 hours sleep. But woke up in the middle of the night and could not get to sleep again.
    Feel like a zombie today, look worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Deciding to spontaenously use the bottom of a crowded escalator/travelator for a nice fcuking leisurely spot of orientation or a chat, oblvious to the impending and quite dangerous logjam behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Tornaxx

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Thought yesterday was Thursday. :(
    Yesterday morning, I thought it was Tuesday (Eventually thought "It's not, it's Wednesday! YAY!")
    Last night, I thought it was Thursday. "Friday tomorrow! YAY!". But no, it's not... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I have been watching "Fortitude " for a while....really enjoying it, a bit violent but no nudity or gratuitous sex......unfortunately.

Until last night, and what do I get treated to? A good close up of the knob of none
    Other then our own Robert Sheehan!!!

Alright for the ladies, and some of the "curious" males.... but, handsome as he is, it's not for me thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I have been watching "Fortitude " for a while....really enjoying it, a bit violent but no nudity or gratuitous sex......unfortunately.

Until last night, and what do I get treated to? A good close up of the knob of none

Alright for the ladies, and some of the "curious" males.... but, handsome as he is, it's not for me thanks.

Fortitude just got better :).
    Seriously though, nudity has mostly been a female thing on TV and movies over the years. I have grumbled to myself at the unequality of it all, but the TA is actually the sight of a flapping willy on TV does nothing for me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

eisenberg1 wrote: »

What channel is it on?ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Colser wrote: »
    What channel is it on?ðŸ˜

Sky.....you'll get it on the player/ catch up thing.....
    Or just twiddle the knob;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Pictures from some U18 disco thing popped up on my facebook feed. I clicked into them and read the comments. The absolute slagging some folk are giving these kids in the comment section. Irony is not lost though, on the ones sticking up for the kids, oh no, they think that they're far superior human beings by posting such things as "go back to your mosque and stop slagging kids" and "all the ones slagging are forgin (foreign) and probably not meant to be here".

Fcuking. Hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

My Earphones won't work in my stoopid ar$e laptop. Stoopid. :( So annoying. Can anyone help? :( There's loads of Google Results about Earphones not working with the latest Windows or something but I dunno....

Update: The sound works in my Wireless Headset but doesn't work with 2 pairs of small Earphones. But they both work in my phone.

Oftentimes TRRS earphones won't work in appliances that expect TRS.

http://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/understanding-trrs-and-audio-jacks/

(resisted the lmgtfy link)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Indicators.

In general, the TA for me, and most people, is not using them.

But today my TA is different. Was stopped at a t-junction, waiting to turn left. Car approaching from the right was a fairly new (less than 3 years old, didn't get the year) Qashqai. They had their left indicator on, meaning I was safe enough to make my turn..but it was barely visible! It was nestled right in the corner of where the daytime running lights curve and they were much brighter than it. I have fairly good vision but I had to squint to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I've seen a few other indicators on cars that annoy me too. There's a Kia jeep/suv type, can't think of the model, that has the indicators down around the back bumper. Spotted a car (think it was an Audi) on the motorway one day that has indicators that scroll across like an arrow in the direction they're pointing.

What ever happened to a standard old amber indicator..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

kerryked wrote: »
    Indicators.

But today my TA is different. Was stopped at a t-junction, waiting to turn left. Car approaching from the right was a fairly new (less than 3 years old, didn't get the year) Qashqai. They had their left indicator on, meaning I was safe enough to make my turn..but it was barely visible! It was nestled right in the corner of where the daytime running lights curve and they were much brighter than it. I have fairly good vision but I had to squint to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me.

I've seen a few other indicators on cars that annoy me too. There's a Kia jeep/suv type, can't think of the model, that has the indicators down around the back bumper. Spotted a car (think it was an Audi) on the motorway one day that has indicators that scroll across like an arrow in the direction they're pointing.

amber is probably considered racist

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that everyone says their car insurance is in the thousands.
    Mine was only €650.
    Am I not normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

^^ Mine is the same and I think it's robbery - major TA

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd that everyone says their car insurance is in the thousands.
    Mine was only €650.
    Am I not normal?

Sounds like you're lucky or maybe have a small engine capacity/newer car/less mileage/longer NCB. I'm presuming your car was never vandalised or robbed before and you don't have it parked on the street either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

kerryked wrote: »
    Indicators.

http://jalopnik.com/heres-why-modern-cars-turn-off-one-of-their-lights-when-1792394567

I love those Audi lights that wave across, Mustangs have them too.

TA'd I swore I'm off sugar for the week and I'd love a biscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I had a hospital appointment for 1.15pm today.

I know there is a morning clinic and an afternoon clinic and my appointment was for the afternoon one, obviously.
    I arrived at the clinic at 12.45pm and checked in.

The receptionist said "Oh you're very early, we're still dealing with the morning clinic. You should go and have a coffee and come back."
    I didn't.

I took a seat at the back because I'm familiar with this clinic; it gets really busy, you can never get a seat, you're usually sent for an X-ray before you even see the consultant, plus I was only 30 mins early.
    So I sat.

At 1.30pm, the receptionist stands up and says "The doctor is still dealing with the morning clinic so his afternoon clinic won't be starting until about 2.30pm, if you want to go and have a tea or something."
    So I decided, since everyone was leaving, I would go grab a hot drink.

By the time I returned, an hour later, the clinic was even more packed and I had to stand.
    I eventually got seen at 4pm.

I felt like saying to the receptionist "I was very early and now I'm very late", but I bit my tongue.
    Why make an appointment time at all if I'm not going to be seen at that time?

Also TA'd that my eyes are all gritty and sore and red and it's really irritating me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

Elaine Crowley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

fussyonion wrote: »
    I had a hospital appointment for 1.15pm today.

I know there is a morning clinic and an afternoon clinic and my appointment was for the afternoon one, obviously.
    I arrived at the clinic at 12.45pm and checked in.

The receptionist said "Oh you're very early, we're still dealing with the morning clinic. You should go and have a coffee and come back."
    I didn't.

I took a seat at the back because I'm familiar with this clinic; it gets really busy, you can never get a seat, you're usually sent for an X-ray before you even see the consultant, plus I was only 30 mins early.
    So I sat.

At 1.30pm, the receptionist stands up and says "The doctor is still dealing with the morning clinic so his afternoon clinic won't be starting until about 2.30pm, if you want to go and have a tea or something."
    So I decided, since everyone was leaving, I would go grab a hot drink.

By the time I returned, an hour later, the clinic was even more packed and I had to stand.
    I eventually got seen at 4pm.

I felt like saying to the receptionist "I was very early and now I'm very late", but I bit my tongue.
    Why make an appointment time at all if I'm not going to be seen at that time?

Also TA'd that my eyes are all gritty and sore and red and it's really irritating me.

I had a medical appointment last Thursday morning for 8.30 a.m. I arrived at 8.15. Receptionist said I was very early. I said I'm only 15 mins early. The Receptionist said but the doctors don't start until 8.45.

Had to hold myself back from shouting why the hell am I being called for an 8.30 appointments when the flippin' doctors don't start until 8.45???? I could have had an extra 15 mins in the bed for god's sake.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement