Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm like a baby today - sleepy, dribbling, looking for cuddles and covered in poop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    My first one, over twenty years ago set me back about 175, pounds I think.

I got one 8 years ago, still working, E40
    Was getting one for a friend, a decent brand name one, just a surprise it was, (manual controls over pushy buttons)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I bought two bags of Doritos Roulette earlier (have friends coming over later for nibbles) and I just noticed one bag is 162g and the other is 180g. But they both cost the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

People pressing the pedestrian crossing button and crossing before the green man..cars left waiting while nobody crosses the road.

The frequency with which that "Ireland only draw" Euromillions ad was on the radio today.

The Newstalk newsreader's accent while she read the news at 6:30.

Going out to the car to get something, bringing in something else and remembering I forgot what I went out for.

Condensation on car windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Usually around midnight or later when I'm a zombie and going to bed my wife says, oh yeah, the bed needs to be done.

The bed sheet, the quilt cover and the pillow covers etc all need to be put on.She gets me every time, never tells me at 7 or 8 oh no.

Inside every fibre of my body little nuclear bombs go off.The red mist arrives.

What she sees is a dope inside a duvet cover have a fookin silent meltdown
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

People that spell their own name on Facebook without a second capital letter after their O on Facebook. Like Linda Odriscoll. It's your own name and you can't spell it right! That takes a real high level of ignorance to pull off.

People like this should be discouraged from breeding, if not outright sterilised, maybe even euthanised? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Speaking of FB, anytime I see someone with their name as Gaeilge it makes me hate them a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Travelling. Been on the go since midnight and 2 more to go

My arm is in pain after getting bloods taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My arm is in pain after getting bloods taken.

That's not looking good. Hope you feel better soon.

My TA : Loads of my friends were at discos tonight and I'm being inundated with snaps and stories.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My TA is I'm cold inside my body but too warm on the outside, I know that probably doesn't make sense but it's like my bones are cold

First World Problem no 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The fact that seeded grapes exist. I know I don't have to buy them, but I just don't get why anyone would eat them with the bitter little seeds in them.
    I rarely have lunch, either I get distracted and totally forget, or I leave it so late it is too close to dinner time. I am like an absolute lunatic with hunger cooking the dinner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The boyfriend of a relative, he's 32.
    He went to Trainspotting 2 during the week, didn't like it, "shur I never seen de first wan". Checks his phone every 2 minutes in the cinema, puts everything on FB.
    He's one of those "Wet paint. Do Not Touch" type people. As in, if he sees that sign he'll just have to check.
    He's just an idiot.

Nobody seems to remember Champion Cheese and the Internet doesn't either cos I can't find a pic to show people.

It was like the Calvita block, in a blue box with a pic of a footballer on the front.
    It's annoying me! It did exist!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mr Sam has put on Bad Santa 2. And thinks it's funny.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Nobody seems to remember Champion Cheese and the Internet doesn't either cos I can't find a pic to show people.

It was like the Calvita block, in a blue box with a pic of a footballer on the front.

I remember it!

mansize wrote: »
    I remember it!

YAAYYY!! Now come tell my other half it existed!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

fussyonion wrote: »

Ahh yes, I remember that. It would have been around the late 80s early 90s when it was knockin' about.

mzungu wrote: »
    Ahh yes, I remember that. It would have been around the late 80s early 90s when it was knockin' about.

ya got a free green jersey with so many tokens too!

ta'ed i hated them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sunday morning cycling clubs. I'm staying with my parents at the moment and four pelotons have passed by the house in the last hour. Nothing against cyclists but you can hear them shouting at each other a mile away so you know yet another one is coming soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Just flicking through the movie channels as Im skiving off mass today.

They have Oceans 13 on later and straight afterwards on the same channel they have Oceans 12 on.

Fcuking idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I had to get put to sleep on Wednesday. I'm terrified of needles so as they wheeled me in to the room the fear must have been plastered on my face because one of the nurses/assistants said I looked terrified and they made a few jokes to lighten the mood. Then the anesthetiser guy came in, picks up my arm and tuts. Then he starts complaining loudly that "you have tiny veins". He smacked my arm for a bit then abruptly asked me where my good veins were (wtf!!) so I told him left arm far left vein is where the GPs nurse usually withdraws from. He tuts again and tell me I have tiny veins.

You'd swear I done it on purpose, deliberately going in with bad veins to give him a hard time. It's still really annoying me. Why would you try make someone clearly upset already feel worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

TA that one earbud of my mini headphones is now kaput. Not much point listening to music through one ear, feck sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Discovered yesterday that my eldest had 'residents' in his hair. The've been treated and removed but I'm itching now. I have psorasis on my scalp so it's itchy even on a good day but now I have the 'heebie jeebie itchy scratchies' now too.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

At around this time every year, the yard at the back of our apartment building seems to turn into some sort of orgy den for cats. I can hear them at it morning and night, making the oddest yowling noises. I thought a banshee had come visiting the first time I heard them. The noise can be very annoying. Saw a very wrecked looking female cat out there this afternoon, poor thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

That moment when you realise there's insufficient cereal left in the box to satisfy a rumbly belly.

Not enough yum for my tum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Being told by busy parents "if you had kids you'd understand". Thank you for that reminder of my barren state.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

madmaggie wrote: »
    Being told by busy parents "if you had kids you'd understand". Thank you for that reminder of my barren state.

Whatever your reasons are for not having kids it's not nice to hear that from anyone. Foot in mouth disease isn't gone yet!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

People with a loud false laugh that sounds like a baby crying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement