Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

In a queue and its the second time I'm getting a whiff of someone's smelly fart.
    I bet it's yer wan with the annoying laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Is it just a recent thing or have I only started to notice this?

At the start of a film, any film, there seems to be about 4 or 5 different companies named before it actually gets into the opening credits.

Why so many companies involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Work shirts. They keep messing with the fit. I used on brand exclusively and they were decent, then all of a sudden, the fit gets baggier and baggier. I've chopped and changed a few times and finally settled on TM Lewin as they do multi buy offers meaning you can rotate the shirts 2/3 times a year. Got fitted, got my shirts and liked them, walked past yesterday and picked up another too, instead of "fully fitted" they're "regular fit", grand I thought as they give me options.
    I'm guessing their definition of regular is 6 foot 9 25 stone monster. I look like I'm wearing my Dad's shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Really want to play a certain video game but I haven't got the CD with me and I won't be able to access it until May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Missguided.

Sometimes I have to mail them about a problem and they start off the reply with
    "Hey Gal!" and sign it off with "peace and love" which is absolutely infuriating when you have to tell them they've messed up your order

But when you've nothing to do with them and you're sitting minding your own business and you get a notification on your phone saying

"Holla all students *clap hands emoji* we've got 30% off just for you. Work hard, slay harder"

I'm throwing serious shade in your direction for that, fam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Apparently, when asked the question "does my ass look big in this?"
    You should never, ever reply "yes, a bit"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Missguided.

"Hey Gal!" and sign it off with "peace and love" which is absolutely infuriating when you have to tell them they've messed up your order

But when you've nothing to do with them and you're sitting minding your own business and you get a notification on your phone saying

"Holla all students *clap hands emoji* we've got 30% off just for you. Work hard, slay harder"

On a similar note, I like Goodwin Smith shoes but recently they've obviously been feeling the pinch as they have almost continuous sales, since Xmas there's been "post Xmas blues", "Valentines" and now a 40% off reduction.

I've effectively sworn off buying anything full price from them and given I'm a size 11/12 it's not always guaranteed my size is left in the sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Today is turning out to be a big pain in the arse day.
    It started badly and has not improved.
    There will be some damage to a bottle or red tonight unless things improve. Dramatically.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

NIMAN wrote: »
    Is it just a recent thing or have I only started to notice this?

At the start of a film, any film, there seems to be about 4 or 5 different companies named before it actually gets into the opening credits.

Why so many companies involved?

Because there is no money to finance movies, so they need to get the finances from multiple sources.

TA's that they are remaking The Lion King, watched the original this morning and it's perfect.
    There is also a remake of The Raid in the pipelines. Many people would not have seen or heard of this movie, it's possibly the best action film ever, but because it was not made in the USA they need to remake it.

My foot nearly 1 week later is still in a jocker. It may be time to probably get an x-ray done on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

^^
    Yep, The RAID was fantastic, I can't see them improving on that.
    The remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo wasn't as bad as I though it would be, although it wasn't Americanised as such, just turned in to an English speaking movie.

There is a a bad remake called The Secrets in Their Eyes, with Julia Roberts. Check out the Argentinian original....brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

When someone thinks the law doesn't apply to them and feel justified in taking their car off private property onto a public road with absolutely no insurance. You should not be even sitting behind the wheel of a car with no insurance, never mind driving it. So many excuses too, "the insurance is too high", "I don't have a job".

Then you can't afford to run a car. That's it. Don't drive, it's the likes of them driving up everybody else's insurance

Same thing applies to young lads flying around in cars on a learners permit with nobody beside them, and they'll do it for years and the guards never follow them even when they are right behind the f**king driver, his/her L plates are up and nobody in the seat beside them. Loads of people in my estate do it, like 19/22 year olds I'm talking and I actually want to report them all out of spite. I can't afford a car myself like and I'm nearer to 30, and it's because of this kind of bullshyte keeping quotes high as well as dopes with no insuarance. Too many libilities and not enough guards to enforce recent driving laws that have been brought in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

TA'd at my colleague slurping her tea at break every day. She does it in a really obnoxious way and it does my head in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    ^^
    Yep, The RAID was fantastic, I can't see them improving on that.
    The remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo wasn't as bad as I though it would be, although it wasn't Americanised as such, just turned in to an English speaking movie.

There is a a bad remake called The Secrets in Their Eyes, with Julia Roberts. Check out the Argentinian original....brilliant.

Absolutely! A fantastic film!

I know I mentioned it before, but the difference in quality between the original British version and the US remake of 'State of Play' is staggering. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Youtube comment sections with people sharing their life story.
    "I was going through/this happened and this song/band/film helped me get through that time"

Starting to miss the trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

People
    a) not reading forms correctly and sending them in half filled out
    b) not reading letters that are sent to them eg. This has been rejected for these reasons, this is what you need to do to fix them. Call this person (not me) if you have any queries. I get an email "why has this been rejected, what do I need to do now, what's going on?". FFS people! Read the god-damned letter!

Just generally TA'd at people not being able to follow simple instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Winterlong wrote: »
    Today is turning out to be a big pain in the arse day.
    It started badly and has not improved.
    There will be some damage to a bottle or red tonight unless things improve. Dramatically.

Update. There has been a Yorkie bar consumed. Things are better.
    Peace all.

Youtube comment sections with people sharing their life story.
    "I was going through/this happened and this song/band/film helped me get through that time
    Starting to miss the trolls.

People going this on Facebook competitions.
    "Like share and tag a friend"
    - would love to win this after losing my mother 4 years ago life hasn't been the same since and winning two tickets to the cinema would really help with my struggles

Fuuuck off. If I ran those comps I'd disqualify anyone posting sob stories

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at two things.

1: A mormon lad attempted to approach me with a book of Mormon and talk to me about it. I told him immediately midway through his sentence "not interested pal"

2: The guilt I felt after because he looked genuinely upset and disappointed that I didn't stop to listen to him. He said "oh, okay have a nice evening!" with the saddest face you'd ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Missguided.

I hope everyone involved in the construction of those emails and notifications has a violent bout of diarrhoea. Totally inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Why.....what happens? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

selous wrote: »
    Why.....what happens? :cool:

This automatically happens...

...it's actually not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People going this on Facebook competitions.
    "Like share and tag a friend"
    - would love to win this after losing my mother 4 years ago life hasn't been the same since and winning two tickets to the cinema would really help with my struggles

Fuuuck off. If I ran those comps I'd disqualify anyone posting sob stories

I saw a comp on Coca Cola's FB page and the prize was a mini Coke branded fridge.
    This woman wrote: "I'd love to win this. My husband was diagnosed with cancer last year, my son was killed in a car crash two years ago and I have just had a hysterectomy. Winning this would cheer me up."
    I was gobsmacked.

TA'd at insecure girls who have a problem with their fellas going to a strip club on a stag night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Needing a fella around the house but not having one. :/ I need to take off my Hubcaps. Stoopid thangs.

Needing a fella around the house but not having one. :/ I need to take off my Hubcaps. Stoopid thangs.

You'd be surprised what you can do for yourself. My fella seems to need 6 months notice for anything he's asked to do and I've learned recently how to do lots for myself and it's a great feeling!! Dig out a YouTube tutorial vid and give those hubcaps a try yourself :)

My TA is my sheer laziness. Going out this evebing, leaving at 7:20. I'm panned out on my bed nothing done and no motivation to do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Hubcaps are easy to take off. Just put your fingers under the outside rim and pull. Getting them back on is the hard part though.

NCT coming up myself next month. Sh1tting it might have to buy a new car :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hubcaps are easy to take off. Just put your fingers under the outside rim and pull. Getting them back on is the hard part though.

NCT coming up myself next month. Sh1tting it might have to buy a new car :(

Our car went for the NCT today. I always think beforehand "Have to get a new car..it's defo gonna fail on something major", but it didn't and it only ever fails on something minor.
    So don't fret; it might be ok.

TA'd that Eastenders isn't on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

So bovvered by the neighbors and the recycling. They don't collect the rubbish if it's not in special bags or in the blue bin. Some fiend thought it would be a good idea to throw boxes out in the rain and dump them next to the bin. It's up to me now to try to organise it so it gets collected. How stupid do you have to be to not work this out?

My pink glasses broke and I'm devastated but it means I will try harder to get my eye test done and get them fixed at the same time. Annoyed at being short sighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Don't tell the Bride. And anyone who goes on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Don't tell the Bride. And anyone who goes on the show.

I put that shíte on for 2 mins during the ads for The Royle Family, looks like the biggest load of **** on TV.....and yer man a bellend too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

8 little scrotes acting up in the estate. Rang the gardai twice. Local garda station is part time. 45 mins later no sign of them.

I drive down to local shop to get a packet of biscuits. Get stopped by a garda checkpoint.

No issue with the rank and file, but clearly the powers that be are more interested in collecting cash than sorting anti social behaviour

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement