Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Seeing something on a menu, but not ordering it because there's just one ingredient on it you don't like.

Sure, you could just ask for said foodstuff to be removed / made without it, but you know the chef would die a little inside as he intended the dish to be served that way to compliment all flavours etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Winterlong wrote: »
    Totally agree Ale, drives me nuts too.

Trolls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭monkeycork

When you are just about to fall asleep and remember that you didn't set an alarm.......... Sit up set alarm on phone...... Can't sleep........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Omackeral wrote: »
    Trying to open one of these awkward plastic fcukers when the very thing I need to open it... is trapped inside. The irony of it.

Plastic-Heat-sealing-scissor-packaging.jpg

Did tou try a tin opener?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Trying to open one of these awkward plastic fcukers when the very thing I need to open it... is trapped inside. The irony of it.

Plastic-Heat-sealing-scissor-packaging.jpg

Ridiculous. It's why Amazon have a ''certified frustration-free packaging'' thing now.
    If you don't have a sharp knife or tin opener to hand, the edge of a key might do it.
    They're certainly ''secure'' alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

monkeycork wrote: »
    When you are just about to fall asleep and remember that you didn't set an alarm.......... Sit up set alarm on phone...... Can't sleep........

Or don't sit up and set it and have a night of broken sleep because you're worried that you won't wake on time..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Colser wrote: »
    Or don't sit up and set it and have a night of broken sleep because you're worried that you won't wake on time..

Or in my OH's case, worry about sleeping in when she needs to be up. Sets alarm. Gets worried it wont work. Gets me to set alarm. Still sleeps badly for fear of not waking up.

.... I sleep like a baby so its not all bad.

Calling someone on the phone then getting distracted by the sound of your own voice echoing back into your ear

For the last couple of weeks I've woken in a panic because it's now so bright so early, I keep thinking my alarm was wrong and I'm about an hour late.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Did tou try a tin opener?

I tried shouting at it, reasoning with it. Nothing worked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I tried shouting at it, reasoning with it. Nothing worked!

Set the motherfcker on fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

TA'd in the library, listening to Spotify on my phone. Wanted to go to the bathroom so turned down all the volume levels on the phone, and cleared away all running apps.

Unplugged the headphones, going to get out of my seat and music starts blaring from the phone.

And it was f*cking Little Mix. Don't even like them, I swear :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Assuming a certain shop accepts One4all vouchers, picking out €30 worth of bits, and when handing over the voucher to pay they don't take them :(

People who give one for all vouchers - a pain in the hoop is what they are
    It's basically cash that most places won't take
    I got some at xmas and it was really limited to where I could spend them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

TA'd that at lunch at work nearly every day the same colleague starts talking about Trump and then incessant chattering about all the things he does wrong festers throughout the break room. Snooze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

73Cat wrote: »
    Assuming a certain shop accepts One4all vouchers, picking out €30 worth of bits, and when handing over the voucher to pay they don't take them :(

Thanks for reminding me I got a One4All voucher for Christmas! :)

My TA: I follow the director Luc Besson's page on Facebook. His posts can be very interesting but at the end of each status update he puts a string of hashtags that promote his upcoming film and the actors that star in it. He even puts them in when offering his condolences after a tragedy. It just doesn't look right.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

TA: Went to get coffee, lady asks me if i "have 10 cent handy". Think I could make out what she was saying to me? Not a chance. Had to ask her twice what she was saying, she eventually sounded out the words and I got it. Lord God.

More than TA: Windows 10 on my laptop is stupid. It doesn't bring windows to the front when I click on there icons in the taskbar, even when they're already running. Been going on for ages and is beyond frustrating. Made another futile attempt at fixing the issue this week and think I did more harm than good.

I just had the displeasure of being in the proximity of one of the smelliest (to quote Mr Goose) cunnoxes ive come across in a long time. It wa so bad, seriously, I nearly vomited where I stood. I could feel myself going lightheaded. This fcuker needed to be power hosed. I know this person, he is not homeless and to the best
    Of my knowledge he is not mentally challenged. He lives in a house, he had access to water....what the fcuk is wrong with people? Do they decide on purpose not to wash, and to wear that manky waxed jacket that smells like that dog pissed on it lastyear and it has been smouldering down the back of a damp shed since? He is also married with young kids....which leads me to believe he has sex at least three times. I'll leave you with that image.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I just had the displeasure of being in the proximity of one of the smelliest (to quote Mr Goose) cunnoxes ive come across in a long time. It wa so bad, seriously, I nearly vomited where I stood. I could feel myself going lightheaded. This fcuker needed to be power hosed. I know this person, he is not homeless and to the best
    Of my knowledge he is not mentally challenged. He lives in a house, he had access to water....what the fcuk is wrong with people? Do they decide on purpose not to wash, and to wear that manky waxed jacket that smells like that dog pissed on it lastyear and it has been smouldering down the back of a damp shed since? He is also married with young kids....which leads me to believe he has sex at least three times. I'll leave you with that image.

TA that no matter how old I get or how annoyed I am this one little phrase never ever ever fails to make me snort laughing. The annoying part is I know it's not funny but deep in my heart it makes me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I think people who have extreme cases of BO and never wash are mentally challenged in a way.

Is his wife equally as pungent or maybe she has little to no sense of smell?
    If not, poor her having to even share the same living space as him let alone the same bed. Imagine the stench of the sheets even!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I don't need to go to the loo. Decide to fill up my water bottle. Listen to running water for 20 seconds. Sit back at my desk ... ok I do need to use the loo.

I think people who have extreme cases of BO and never wash are mentally challenged in a way.

Is his wife equally as pungent or maybe she has little to no sense of smell?
    If not, poor her having to even share the same living space as him let alone the same bed. Imagine the stench of the sheets even!

Wayne & Waynetta spring to mind.

I couldnt help but think what the fcuk he smells like mid July!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

razorblunt wrote: »
    I don't need to go to the loo. Decide to fill up my water bottle. Listen to running water for 20 seconds. Sit back at my desk ... ok I do need to use the loo.

Are you me? I've just done this!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I just washed all my sheets and just as I was going to the dryer my neighbour started using it. So I have a whole load of wet sheets, she's gone out and wtf do I do now? NOOOOOOOOOO. My OCD can't be dealing with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Encountered the very same earlier this week. Even including the manky waxed jacket. I (thankfully) only met him in passing on a stairs, (so don't know his marital status :D )but it was like walking into a fug of absolute stink! And then I walked into the large room he had been working in, and he had somehow managed to stink the entire place. My stomach is turning a bit, writing this.
    Seriously, there is no excuse for a human being to stink like that. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Mysterious bruises. I have one on my thigh.
    Dont know how it got there which is a pity as a good bruise deserves a good story.

Not washing can be a symptom of depression.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People I know from the gym wanting a chat when Im in the middle of a workout. I just cant do both so leave me to it and I'll chat to you in the changing room after!

Craving crisps soooo much but am being good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Winterlong wrote: »
    Mysterious bruises. I have one on my thigh.
    Dont know how it got there which is a pity as a good bruise deserves a good story.

I discovered a horrible red, blue and purple one on my knee and it was caused by the oven door. Awful looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

fizzypish wrote: »
    Or in my OH's case, worry about sleeping in when she needs to be up. Sets alarm. Gets worried it wont work. Gets me to set alarm. Still sleeps badly for fear of not waking up.

.... I sleep like a baby so its not all bad.

Hm, wake up every three hours looking to be breastfed/changed:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement