Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Huge TA.

When a friend drives like an asshole and I'm in the passenger seat wanting to **** him out of it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Every single Irish politicians interviews. They all speak so 'clearly'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It more makes me sad than annoyed but we went out this evening and when we came home, puppy hurt his paw. It's hot to touch, and he's carrying it, and he ran to greet me on three legs and the sore one off up in the air. It's bugging me to know what happened, he was inside the whole time, nothing's broken he could have walked on, and I had a quick look at it and there's nothing in it that I can see. My poor darling. it's really bugging me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Not washing can be a symptom of depression.

That's true. I've the opposite problem, can't get me out of the shower, my hair is overwashed and I'm always doing laundry.

I'm bothered tonight about a family problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Couples with joint facebook accounts

Why like?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Why like?

Jesus, did not know that was a thing. Getting coupled up should not mean you need to lose your individuality. What are these people on?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Are you me? I've just done this!!! :D:D

Are you also handsome? If so, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

razorblunt wrote: »
    Are you also handsome? If so, yes.

I'm a laydee! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That fùcking Malteasers ad with the wan in the wheelchair. So fake and so wrong. And so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why like?

That has to be one of the creepiest things I had seen on Facebook, worse than the couples who sit posting to each other. You know that they are probably sitting beside each other on their laptops on the sofa. Jesus Christ why not just turn and say it to the person rather than inflicting your creepy sh1t on everyone.
    I deactivated my Facebook about 7 months ago now. I was getting nothing out of it only the rage it caused me as it turned people I know who would be OK in real life into attention seeking idiots. The TA is all you have to do to get back into your account is log in. Totally ridiculous that it is that simple. I have stayed strong though:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

So I decide to treat myself with a scone and coffee to eat in in a local Caffè. I might do that once every 6 months.

I go in and first off ask what scones they have - they say Raisin or Blueberry. I say Blueberry, order a coffee and take a seat.

I wait and after some time my coffee and scone lands. It looks a little different than i expected - I realise it's Raisin. No waitress around so I go to bring it back up to change it.

I explain I asked for a Blueberry one and waiter says that there is only Raising or Raisin and Cranberry!? I said I don't eat Raisin. He asks if there is anything else he can get me and having looked around and seen nothing i liked I said no. So I left p*ssed off that an attempt to have a once in a while treat failed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

everlast75 wrote: »
    So I decide to treat myself with a scone and coffee to eat in in a local Caffè. I might do that once every 6 months.

I go in and first off ask what scones they have - they say Raisin or Blueberry. I say Blueberry, order a coffee and take a seat.

I wait and after some time my coffee and scone lands. It looks a little different than i expected - I realise it's Raisin. No waitress around so I go to bring it back up to change it.

I explain I asked for a Blueberry one and waiter says that there is only Raising or Raisin and Cranberry!? I said I don't eat Raisin. He asks if there is anything else he can get me and having looked around and seen nothing i liked I said no. So I left p*ssed off that an attempt to have a once in a while treat failed

Was there any blueberry scones on display? You could end up dealing with the following
    https://youtu.be/G6afnyV8bf8

About 7 mins in for the relevant bit.

Was there any blueberry scones on display? You could end up dealing with the following
    https://youtu.be/G6afnyV8bf8

About 7 mins in for the relevant bit.

Ha.

There were scones on display that looked like Blueberry. I just asked the waitress before I took a seat and waited..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

PEOPLE WHO LEAVE THEIR DOGS BARKING AND WHINING FOR OVER 50 MINUTES SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED OWN PETS.

The dogs are starting to squeal now too 'cos they're getting feicing hoarse. Insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I'm a laydee! :D:D:D:D:D:D

latest?cb=20070710213717

A girl I know has two kids. Kids call her mammy.
    When she's quoting what they're saying to her on Facebook it's "mommy".
    Your child doesn't call you mommy. What's wrong with mammy? Let the child call you whatever they are comfortable with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

This morning, the weather was pretty grotty in Dublin. But the amount of people telling their own "war - stories" is unbelievable all around me...
    On the smartphone (not quietly) in the restaurant, out on the street.

get over it already! The weather was bad for ALL of us. Well it's improved slightly now I suppose - this has accounted for the reduction in whining and moaning from people like you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by someone trying to get me in trouble at work, claiming that I'm not doing my job properly of course it involves one of the directors and I will probably get a bollocking

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why like?
    Winterlong wrote: »
    Jesus, did not know that was a thing. Getting coupled up should not mean you need to lose your individuality. What are these people on?!

Facebook.

People saying Shay Givens, Jeff Hendricks. It's Given and Hendrick. Stop adding the letter s. Although at least they aren't calling them Given's or Hendrick's. Which leads me to my next TA, the local shop sells can's of bean's. I f*cking hate whoever made that sign. It's a plural, it does not require an apostrophe.

• Advertisement

^^^^^^^^^^

My TA is when football commentators say

"Oh, he's not as good as the other french forwards, like your Henrys, your Cantonas, your Benzemas". There is only one of them ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Omackeral wrote: »
    People saying Shay Givens, Jeff Hendricks. It's Given and Hendrick. Stop adding the letter s. Although at least they aren't calling them Given's or Hendrick's. Which leads me to my next TA, the local shop sells can's of bean's. I f*cking hate whoever made that sign. It's a plural, it does not require an apostrophe.

Ah the grocer's apostrophe. Very annoying alright, but reminds me of one of my favourite quotes from Con Houlihan:

“A man who will misuse an apostrophe is capable of anything”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

People love to throw in s wherever. I also frequently hear people say they're going to do a shop in Tescos.
    Oh, and who could forget Stephenses Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People love to throw in s wherever. I also frequently hear people say they're going to do a shop in Tescos.

I know people who say theses things.

Ta'd at people making assumptions. E.g, I am living in Ireland and therefore I must be a devout Catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Easons is another example - website address is

http://www.easons.com/

but the logo on the page says eason. Arrrrgh.

That's a huge TA. Being judged on your appearance/job too.
    "She's a princess", "she's dumb as fucck" "rubbing cream on someone's face isn't a real job", "I'd say you're high maintenance"

Yeah I might have my nails done, I might wear high heels, I might wear a full face of makeup, but I've no problem jumping in to a pen full of cattle, or dosing bullocks in the crush, learning to change a tyre or learning how to do DIY.
    I would make a show of most (non farming) men on a farm but yet I'm the dumb high maintenance one.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Lexie I know what you mean :( TA that some people think cos I'm 'just' a Receptionist I must be dumb.

They are left dumbstruck when I tell them I have a degree and speak 3 languages.

Yeah I might have my nails done, I might wear high heels, I might wear a full face of makeup, but I've no problem jumping in to a pen full of cattle, or dosing bullocks in the crush, learning to change a tyre or learning how to do DIY.
    I would make a show of most (non farming) men on a farm but yet I'm the dumb high maintenance one.

If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best.

If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best.

Don't mind her Hun, her eyebrows are in bits anyway xxx

• Advertisement

Don't mind her Hun, her eyebrows are in bits anyway xxx

Oh Slay Kweenie *nailpainting emoji*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement