Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People who walk out in front of you on the road and then look at you like you're in the wrong when you tell them to get the **** off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Special place in hell for anyone who doesn't hold the door open, or at least push it wide enough for you when it's pissing rain and you've two bags weighing you down.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Barber shops are annoying these days. The new generation of barbers between each cut will grab their smartphone for about 10 minutes before getting the next person in their chair.
    Some of them are deadly at what they do, but leaving huge queues to grow in the shops is not the best customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Boom_Bap wrote:
    ...but leaving huge queues to grow in the shops is not the best customer service.
    noted in such establishments near Trinity College and Doyle's Pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

TA whiney bitches on Facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Was just in Aldi and a new till opened up. An oulwan got there before me and proceeded to dump her 3 or 4 items right at the very end of the band rather than walk up to the till end. She then proceeded to give me dog's abuse for daring to ask her to move her stuff up to the top to allow the other 3 people behind me to put their stuff on the band as well while waiting for the cashier to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

everlast75 wrote: »
    People who walk out in front of you on the road and then look at you like you're in the wrong when you tell them to get the **** off

I always assume it's because they 100% KNOW they're in the wrong, and they're embarrassed by being caught out or challenged on it, so they just pretend like they haven't done anything wrong, and look at you like you're mad for giving out to them. But they know.

They know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Neighbour has left her clothes in the dryer now for 24 hours. Does she even think other people might like to use it.
    My chest is killing me and I've a wracking cough.
    Bother bother bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Neighbour has left her clothes in the dryer now for 24 hours. Does she even think other people might like to use it.
    My chest is killing me and I've a wracking cough.
    Bother bother bother.

Ah here. 24 hours is taking the mickey. I would be removing her bits and bobs from the dryer and praying that there are no sexy smalls in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

That's a huge TA. Being judged on your appearance/job too.
    "She's a princess", "she's dumb as fucck" "rubbing cream on someone's face isn't a real job", "I'd say you're high maintenance"

Yeah I might have my nails done, I might wear high heels, I might wear a full face of makeup, but I've no problem jumping in to a pen full of cattle, or dosing bullocks in the crush, learning to change a tyre or learning how to do DIY.
    I would make a show of most (non farming) men on a farm but yet I'm the dumb high maintenance one.

You'll be cutting your own toenails next!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Automatic hand driers in toilets. You have to practically touch the underneath of them to keep them going. Drop your hands slightly lower and it stops. I don't want to be touching what's on the underneath or what's splashed on the wall under it either. Paper towels are so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

everlast75 wrote: »
    DoozerT6 wrote: »
    I always assume it's because they 100% KNOW they're in the wrong, and they're embarrassed by being caught out or challenged on it, so they just pretend like they haven't done anything wrong, and look at you like you're mad for giving out to them. But they know.

They know.

Happened to a friend of mine just over a month ago, except she got him, he ran straight off the footpath on to the road bounced off the car, ambulance, gardai etc, she's been informed there's a claim in against her by said person, even though there was someone in the car with her who also said he ran out in front of them and frightened the s**t out of her, maybe they should counter claim if he wins,

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

First come, first serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Those incredibly annoying cookie notifications that take up half the page of every website you look at.

I don't even know what a fcuking computer cookie is and, frankly, I don't care. Just feck off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Actually saw a girl on Twitter last night tweet: 'why is the weather so extra'.

Arrrrrggggh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

"Your password does not meeting our security criteria. Please ensure that your passsword has at least one upper case, one non-numeric character and....."

Ah go fck yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gossamer

Blowhards that never shut up, if they see a chance to boast, zoooom, they're in there ASAP. Insufferable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

gossamer wrote: »
    Blowhards that never shut up, if they see a chance to boast, zoooom, they're in there ASAP. Insufferable.

This has spread from the third level student population to affect Irish society in general, lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭com1

Winterlong wrote: »
    "Your password does not meeting our security criteria. Please ensure that your passsword has at least one upper case, one non-numeric character and....."

Ah go fck yourself.

No that should be Ah_G0_F0cK_Yours3lf! (or, indeed, Passw0rd!)

My TA today is people who stop for a chat in doorways or at the end of escalators. Do it in front of me and you get bowled over, and a muttered aggressive "eXcuse me!!!" thrown in for good measure

• Advertisement

Two sets of people walked through the doorway whilst I held it open for them.

Neither one said "thank you"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Receiving a call from an agency for google asking me to take out a package with them for my business at 79 euro per month, with the veiled threat "if you don't, they punish you and you'll be pushed down down the search engine". Wow. I repeated it back to her and she said "well, it sounds very harsh when you say it like that. But, essentially, yes."

That's nice, Google. If requesting my phone number, back up phone number, back up email address and requesting access to my location etc etc isn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Parents who drive their kids to school, despite school being only a 3 minute walk away. Jesus wept, no wonder we are raising a whole generation of morbidly obese kids who have known nothing but the car since they were born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

"Garda morale is at an all-time low." :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I lift back the foil off of something in the oven to check it and the foil rips.
    My raincoat has a removable hood that attaches with poppers. The hood is forever coming off in my hand when I pick it up/ take it off the coat hook.

In the A&E department.

There is a drug addict looking for pain relief and to be brought to the loo and she was ignored for the last hour. I think she soiled herself eventually.

There is an elderly gentleman who wants a pillow and he has been ignored for 40 minutes.

I know they are really really busy but dignity seems to be a luxury here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Commotion Ocean

In work, we got a brand new dedicated room to store all of the stationery, they even got a beautiful plaque for the door .... and that plaque says "STATIONARY ROOM" 🙁 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Walking beside my husband on the footpath, meet another couple coming towards us. My husband steps behind me to allow them to pass. They make NO EFFORT to reciprocate. So I have to step out of their way anyway. Is it so hard to let go of his hand for 3 seconds??
    It's not just couples either although they are the worst offenders. I've just noticed recently that myself and my husband are always the polite ones who make space for other people while they just barrel through without a care. When did everyone get so rude? :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

dfeo wrote: »
    In work, we got a brand new dedicated room to store all of the stationery, they even got a beautiful plaque for the door .... and that plaque says "STATIONARY ROOM" 🙁 :(

Well, in fairness, the room isn't likely to move, is it... :pac::D

My TA - that the free any network calls you get when you top up don't work when you're roaming. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

New Home wrote: »
    Well, in fairness, the room isn't likely to move, is it... :pac::D

My TA - that the free any network calls you get when you top up don't work when you're roaming. :mad:

TA'd that the time to top up comes around really quick. I'm on a plan where I pay €15 per month for free calls to any network but it feels like I only topped up before the month is up again.

TA'd that my other half has gone to bed and though I have the telly to myself there's nothing on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement