Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

1. People smoking at the entrance to hotels/restaurants etc. Yuk.

2. Hotels which still refuse to have wifi in the rooms thinking they are smart by hoping you'll go down to the lobby/bar etc where you'll buy a drink while you use the wifi. Not only will I not buy a drink but I will use the wifi that minute to alert people on hotel review sites to the absence of wifi in rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Why is it that certain image and video files disappear from long running threads? It's like they have a best before date. Started reading a long running thread featuring a lot of pics but many of them from earlier posts have disappeared. Most annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

When the 10 minute preview on television x finishes but you haven't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

The flicker on my TV screen when I'm watching Fair City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

When someone has a cold and instead of saying "I'm a bit sick", they say "I'm ill", I don't know why but it TAs me a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

When I match with an ex on "plenty of fish" had a very tough break up with with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lorelli! wrote: »
    When someone has a cold and instead of saying "I'm a bit sick", they say "I'm ill", I don't know why but it TAs me a bit.

When someone has a cold or a sniffly nose and say they have the flu. If you had actual flu, you wouldn't be out of your bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Watching a TV series set in WWII and noticing a domestic radio set that wasn't made until 1946.
    TH though, that I noticed it. I used to own one.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA that it takes me about 4 hours to watch a movie between pausing to check my phone, make tea, smoke cigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had a few overripe bananas so decided to make banana bread. When it was in the oven I saw the tub of baking powder on the counter and realised I hadn't put any in. It will probably be a banana brick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

"Celebrity Mastermind," or more what constitutes a celebrity. Tonight, Vlogger Louise Pentland...... Who?

John Humphrys - "What's a vlogger Louise?"
    "I make videos and upload them to YouTube."

Amazing! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Drunken Clam

"Experts" nodding their heads while they're telling you something, in the hope that you'll somehow take on their point of view and agree with them.

Airport shop owners. Ugh. Horrendous shower of gouging reprobates with their oligopolies -at best; often just monopolies - conspiring against us all. And all sanctioned by the very same Irish state which loves to talk about the importance of giving us competition (and even has a Competition Authority). And who has the power to give out the contracts to these firms for this handy extortion money? Hmmmm.

And why, when flying from one EU state to another (i.e. no duty free), can they not sell something to you unless they see your boarding pass? Do they really think we are all secretly trying to bypass airport security to have the pleasure of paying them a tenner for a Toblerone that costs 1.50 in Deals?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Why would The 1975, a really excellent live band, intersperse derogatory commentary throughout their act? It's self depreciating but not working. Also annoyed James Arthur didn't win anything with his nominations, I love that song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

People who can't cook, I mean very basic things like boiling a few spuds and frying a few rashers. I know a lad that when the woman goes away for a few days he has to live on breakfast rolls and take aways. At a push, he can make tea and toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Gwynplaine wrote:
    People who can't cook, I mean very basic things like boiling a few spuds and frying a few rashers. I know a lad that when the woman goes away for a few days he has to live on breakfast rolls and take aways. At a push, he can make tea and toast.

You d be surprised how many have similar problems, I'm a crap cook but can slap something together. Home economics should be mandatory for all in school

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    You d be surprised how many have similar problems, I'm a crap cook but can slap something together. Home economics should be mandatory for all in school

It starts much earlier than that. It's the parents fault. Get the children involved in preparing meals from a young age. And doing a bit of housework, the fairies don't do the cleaning and wash your clothes.

Gwynplaine wrote:
    It starts much earlier than that. It's the parents fault. Get the children involved in preparing meals from a young age. And doing a bit of housework, the fairies don't do the cleaning and wash your clothes.

Fair point but nowadays, it's very likely mammy and daddy are working every hour God can give them so the family doesn't become homeless, this can and should be addressed in our educational system

Fair point but nowadays, it's very likely mammy and daddy are working every hour God can give them so the family doesn't become homeless, this can and should be addressed in our educational system

Along with learning about driving and swimming/water safety. Instead of learning about fairytales from the sky, and a language that is dead.

Another annoyance for today, the ad for the new Kong film. Surprise surprise, Samuel L Jackson is shouting.

Gwynplaine wrote:
    Along with learning about driving and swimming/water safety. Instead of learning about fairytales from the sky, and a language that is dead.

Great ideas but I'd like our language continued along with others, dreadfully thought though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It winds me up every year. The way we have to wait so long for the clocks to go forward. Its still another 4 weeks away. The Americans are doing it in 2 and even that's too long.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Watching Agenda on TV3. One of the panel members wearing a hat indoors. Are there any manners left?

generational and fashion changes, i dont see it as disrespectful at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    :D this reminds me of a text my mother sent me not too long before she passed away. I was living away from home for college and had fecked up something at home, think I left a spoon in a bowl in the microwave or something but the text went something like this "Please consider taking cooking classes. I can't take much more of this! When you are cooking, stay in the kitchen. You are going to end up killing some of us" :D
    When I see people post about their lack of cooking skills (or others) it always puts a smile on my mush :D

My TA that it's Sunday and I've nothing to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I'm younger than the panelist. People shouldn't wear hats indoors, it is disrespectful

What makes it disrespectful?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Great ideas but I'd like our language continued along with others, dreadfully thought though

Maybe you could start with English :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

People shouldn't wear hats indoors, it is disrespectful

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA that people fry rashers. It makes them taste horrible, grill all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

People putting question marks after sentences that aren't questions. More and more girls doing on their various online profiles these days, maybe because they speak with an upward inflection and always sound like they are asking questions even if they aren't. Please stop it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That often happens because whatever emoticon they're using isn't supported. I often get emails in which the sender adds a smiley of some sort from his/her phone and my mail provider 'translates' it as a letter J. On my own non-smartphone I get a square instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

New Home wrote: »
    Absolutely! A fantastic film!

I know I mentioned it before, but the difference in quality between the original British version and the US remake of 'State of Play' is staggering. :mad:
    eisenberg1 wrote: »
    ^^
    Yep, The RAID was fantastic, I can't see them improving on that.
    The remake of The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo wasn't as bad as I though it would be, although it wasn't Americanised as such, just turned in to an English speaking movie.

There is a a bad remake called The Secrets in Their Eyes, with Julia Roberts. Check out the Argentinian original....brilliant.

El secreto de sus ojos! great film , the lead actor Ricardo Darin is brilliant. The Americans also felt the need to ruin another great film of his Nueve Reinas, which ended up being called Criminal in english. It was criminal to make such a bollix of it! TA- bad and unnecessary US remakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement