Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

When DIY goes wrong. Serious dent to the ego. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

"Celebrity Mastermind," or more what constitutes a celebrity. Tonight, Vlogger Louise Pentland...... Who?

John Humphrys - "What's a vlogger Louise?"
    "I make videos and upload them to YouTube."

Amazing! :mad:

Pass......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

"If and when..."

Stupid oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

When your seat belt doesn't retract properly when you get out of the car and is left hanging outside, where it gets soaking wet, as you discover when you get back to the car to drive home. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I'm in the airport and I just saw a man wheeling a luggage trolley with one suitcase on it. A four wheeled suitcase in fact. I hope one of the wheels of the case was broken, otherwise it's just weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Memes that start with "When".
    Example; picture of an overweight woman sitting amongst a pile of cakes and bars, stuffing her face. The meme would say: "When you get home with all the groceries and dont care that they're meant to last the week" or some such shoite.

And memes that feature a woman's name in an attempt to make it funnier.
    E.G:

"Are you not going to eat healthy this week?"
    "I'll stab you with this Toblerone, Susan".

Not amusing. Too try hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

fussyonion wrote: »
    Example; picture of an overweight woman sitting amongst a pile of cakes and bars, stuffing her face. The meme would say: "When you get home with all the groceries and dont care that they're meant to last the week" or some such shoite.

E.G:

I'm eating my dinner, Kate.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

E.G:

Shirley, you can't be serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

E.G:

I've noticed that trend too....although the name I see is usually Debbie or Debra for some reason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

"I'm eating my breakfast, Kate"

EDIT: TA'd that Kersplat had the same idea but can type quicker.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I find those hilarious especially the animal ones.
    A cat at a wine glass
    "You think my drinking problem is funny Linda?"
    or the shaved husky
    "So help me God Susan I will sh1t on the couch"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I find those hilarious especially the animal ones.
    A cat at a wine glass
    "You think my drinking problem is funny Linda?"
    or the shaved husky
    "So help me God Susan I will sh1t on the couch"

So funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Bloggers have started doing the when thing as well, it's so annoying.
    "When he buys you flowers" and a picture of the flowers. How is that a when!?

TA when your Sunday chinese isn't amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd by my bad mood.
    I'm usually in good form (except for when it's that time of the month, which it's not now) but today I've just been in horrible form and it annoys me because I cant snap out of it.

I got this faux mink blanket that's crazy soft and squishy and it seized like wrapping yourself up in a hug. Except when I have it over me when I'm sleeping it's so slinky it just slips off me and exposes me to the elements

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

T/A that it is back to school tomorrow. Lunches, school uniforms, getting everyone out on time and the inevitable "I don't want to go to school".

Progeny #1 will want to go into work with me - not 'cos he likes work or what I do but because he can watch dvd's for a couple of hours...

Progeny #2 just won't want to move, get dressed or eat breakfast in the morning despite being awake from 6 or 6.30am.

Progeny #3 won't care but will require all changing, dressing, feeding and packing for the day in crèche.

*sigh* I better head to bed....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Whoever buys the tea for the office bought a big box of Lipton (a.k.a. ****e) now we have to work our way though that crap. Hopefully it was a once off error and not an ongoing change. I might have to find another job.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Mackman wrote: »
    Whoever buys the tea for the office bought a big box of Lipton (a.k.a. ****e) now we have to work our way though that crap. Hopefully it was a once off error and not an ongoing change. I might have to find another job.
    Is that anything like Tetley? The worst garbage masquerading as tea I've ever tasted.

My dogs :( big dog (6 years old) loves to play ball, literally that's all he wants from life. Someone to play ball. But he only likes the part of giving the ball to me. He drops it in my hands. He doesn't chase it. He lets the little dog chase it, takes it off the little dog when he brings it back and hands it to me. He brings the ball everywhere. Like he'd be happy just me and him passing the ball back and forth, no fetching involved. The other annoying thing is the fact despite him having the best bed ever, when I go to bed I close the door behind me.if o get up during the night, and check in with them, he's laying at the door, asleep, with no bed, on the cold floor, waiting for me to come back. It breaks my heart that he waits all night and nobody comes :(

I feel so guilty like I don't give them enough of my time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

So much pain :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Push button taps in public toilets, the ones that release water for about two seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Lost my solid gold diamond nose stud and have scoured the place to no avail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

That shann was in pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

the world was three like coverage by the media of the blunder at the Oscars.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

the Boards.ie page on my smartphone has changed to a new layout. It's awful and I want it back the way it was :(

(If anyone knows how to do that please pm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

everlast75 wrote: »
    the Boards.ie page on my smartphone has changed to a new layout. It's awful and I want it back the way it was :(

(If anyone knows how to do that please pm)

Click 'legacy site' at the bottom of the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Winterlong wrote: »
    Click 'legacy site' at the bottom of the screen?

Legend - thank you!

Em... my TA is that I cannot thank you more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

more than TA'd I booked flights for this weekend 3 months ago to visit a friend living aboard. She's annoyed at me and just text me saying don't come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Jrop wrote: »
    more than TA'd I booked flights for this weekend 3 months ago to visit a friend living aboard. She's annoyed at me and just text me saying don't come

Feck that, go anyway and have a nice chilled weekend by yourself. I'm TA at your friend

TA I've an exam Wednesday but you'd swear it was 6 months away the way I'm arsing about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

People who turn off plug switches in MY home when they're visiting.

This is not your house my friend. Stop parenting me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement