Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Today I had to get blood taken at the Drs, no big deal in and out in ten minutes, but what did annoy me was the doctors surgery has a mountain of car spaces at the front of the centre but also the back. So imagine my surprise when I went around the back and the only car parked there was one of the Drs. The back was empty, but do you think you could walk comfortably in the door to the doctors? No. there was a car parked so close to the surgery you couldn't walk between the building and her car. If the door was any wider she'd have driven in. There was three cars abandoned outside the building, as in directly outside, as close to the door as possible while the actual designated car spaces lay bare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

People selling their pets on social media. It's disgusting. Making a quick buck of a poor little innocent animal.
    Infuriates me. Selfish pricks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The office big mouth is now sitting near me. Will need every ounce of my cunning to get a larger distance between us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭valoren

Watching the telly.

*ding dong*

Then thinking someone is at the door but it's actually from the Telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

valoren wrote:

Or when a big fuucking ear bursting beeping alarm rings in the show you're watching, and everyone thinks it's the house alarm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

valoren wrote: »
    Watching the telly.

*ding dong*

Similarly when I'm in the car and hear sirens and I'm checking the mirrors trying to figure out where they're coming from and then realise that they're part of the song on the radio..

This morning I had the usual 'can't find my keys moment 'whereby they usually turn up after turning my handbag upside down but even that didn't work...started panicking as I was running late and they were no where to be found...after about 5 minutes it dawned on me that I'd started the car earlier and left it running to thaw it out...Not sure if this is a TA or a sign that I'm losing my mind as I did something just as stupid and car related 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dionysius2

Young Folk ... (they are always YF)... who sit down the back on the bus and put their boots up on the seat in front of them regardles of wet and dirty state etc. My annoyance got the better of me last day I saw this and I scolded him & her face to face. I got a good result. Why do their folk not tell these tearaways what's acceptable ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I have an old washing basket out the back that I throw empty bottles in for recycling. It was full to the brim so decided I had better give in and go to the bottle bank. I noticed that one jar was full of water, but did I remember that over at the bottle bank? Not a hope! As I threw it in the full jar of icy water emptied down my bloody sleeve.

A car drove so close behind me on the main road into town today that I could only see the top portion of the bonnet and windscreen in my rearview mirror. Either overtake me or back the hell off, you will not intimidate me into breaking the speed limit biiiiatch. TA there are some people you could never drive fast enough for:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Since Friday, I've developed an annoying cough which has gotten worse as the days go on. The worse thing about it is that there isn't any phlegm to cough up. It seems so pointless. My rib muscles are aching from the force of the coughing, although it's probably the best workout I've done in a while.

I wouldn't normally go to the doctor for something like this but I already had an appointment booked for tomorrow morning for bloods and a prescription renewal, so I suppose I'd better mention it to him (if it's not very obvious). It might even be a chest infection!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Or when a big fuucking ear bursting beeping alarm rings in the show you're watching, and everyone thinks it's the house alarm

my little dog is terrified of my house alarm so when this happens on the telly I have to spend a good half hour calming him down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I keep going to shove stuff in my back pocket forgetting that I'm wearing leggings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I'm in bed early sick. Some viral stuff coming on - my head is pounding, my muscles aching, cold toes and a percolating temperature. I am rarely sick and am generally an irritable patient.

Paracetamol and hot soup have been consumed so hopefully I'll sleep it off...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My old neighbour used the washing machine to wash baby ****e and sick clothes and now it stinks so I have to buy washing machine cleaner
    having tried vinegar and baking soda to no avail.
    The glasses I'm wearing are big Tommy Hilfiger things and all you see are the glasses and no face.
    Worked ten hours today and am exhausted.
    I have lost all colour in my cheeks and am deathly pale, fake tan isn't working.
    I have nothing to make pancakes with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

La.de.da wrote: »
    People selling their pets on social media. It's disgusting. Making a quick buck of a poor little innocent animal.
    Infuriates me. Selfish pricks.

''piss on the carpet again and you're going on the buy and sell''

TA your man snatching the envelope off warren beatty at the oscars. looked awkward.

Buying food without checking the dates and you either find they're gone off, or you've only two days to use a full pack of whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Robsweezie wrote: »
    ''piss on the carpet again and you're going on the buy and sell''

I signed up to boards in early 2011, just over 6 years ago. This is the funniest thing I've ever read on it. Absolutely amazing. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

73Cat wrote: »
    I keep going to shove stuff in my back pocket forgetting that I'm wearing leggings :(

:D I do this when I'm wearing a dress.

Some of my jeans pockets are so shallow, my car keys have fallen out of them. They fell into the toilet once.

T'a people saying, for example, ''Mary is special needs'', instead of ''Mary has special needs''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

The sponsored thread "not getting to kiss your loved ones goodnight.....imagine that". I don't need to imagine it. Thanks for reminding me every bloody time I go into the forum. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Whoopsadoodles :( TA at cancer especially Oesphaegel cancer cos it took my Dad.

Jrop wrote: »
    Whoopsadoodles :( TA at cancer especially Oesphaegel cancer cos it took my Dad.

<3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

TA'd at the fact that I can't fit another pancake in my stomach :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I have a Bros song (I owe you nothing) going round and round in my head.

Can't get rid of it.

And Tinnitus.

TA shops selling plastic bottles of flour and calling it''Pancake Mix''. Have they not heard of the war on plastic, plus it's grossly overpriced flour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My eye keeps twitching.

TA shops selling plastic bottles of flour and calling it''Pancake Mix''. Have they not heard of the war on plastic, plus it's grossly overpriced flour.

That you've still to add milk and an egg to.

Sooooo. Flour then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Everyone is having pancakes. I can't eat any :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Feck off Pancake Day and Lent, I demand the summer already.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Me neither Shann, so sorry!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

B00! wrote: »
    Me neither Shann, so sorry!!!! :(

Everywhere on Snapchat is pancakes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

And the Bookface! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement