Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I am TA'd that The La's have an apostrophe in their name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA treated myself to Chinese tonight and my friends texting me telling me he has slow sperm. Lovely thing to be thinking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

valoren wrote: »
    Watching the telly.

*ding dong*

Then thinking someone is at the door but it's actually from the Telly.

My rescue dog barks her head off at the door bell on the telly, we have her 9 years and we've never had a doorbell

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Garda helicopter hovering over my house. F*ck off, you noisy bastard :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Breaking in new shoes. I was hobbling around the office today. Got another few days to look forward to as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The one in the add,
    This wet wipe wont remove crayon from the wall......So why are you trying it then...???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Full P.M inboxes when trying to mail someone. HINT..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Having a couple of shameless Australian bludgers freeloading in my house share. That's a week now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Drunken Clam

People indicating with a single flash when they change lanes!
    What if I blink at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

A burger should be the same diameter as the bun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Yummy Mammy Pancakes. ALL of the nyoms.. Too many Threads to choose from and putting posts in wrong Threads! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Feck off Pancake Day and Lent, I demand the summer already.

People calling it Pancake Day. It's Pancake Tuesday!

TA treated myself to Chinese tonight and my friends texting me telling me he has slow sperm. Lovely thing to be thinking about.

Hope you didn't get noodles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I had no pancakes. I feel cheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I had no pancakes. I feel cheated.

I had none either. I worked late today and was too tired to make any when I got home. 😖

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

That horrendous ad about cancer!

Feck off Boards and have a little think about how this stuff affects people.

Almost as bad as the recent "I want to get cancer" campaign.

Also, on the Pancake Tuesday thing. I had people giving me grief because there was no mix, lemon juice or nutella left at 9pm. Eh, it's 9pm and we are a rural shop. Kindly do not let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. Thanks.

This won't be popular but having listened to Drivetime on RTÉ this afternoon, here goes:

1. The Fine Gael politicians who established Irish Water as an overstaffed jobs for the boys private corporation that would give loads of lucrative contracts to "consultants" and businesses that were connected to the Blueshirts - and Irish taxpayers were expected to fund this inefficient product of crony capitalism.

2. The mé féiner howayas who, while they were absolutely solid to oppose the above (I actually went on one of the protests), were against paying for a water service where the more you used the more you paid. A simple, sensible, responsible, environmentally decent approach thrown out because these people in principle oppose paying directly for any public service. It's a culture of entitlement that's just as bad as the parasites who are well in with political parties and the media. No sense of civic responsibility, of community. They are no different to the well-connected parasites they oppose.

3. Fianna Fáil. Once again, they are the supreme bastards of political opportunism. A complete cave-in today. Barry Cowen was on telling us that those of us who paid our water rates are now going to get our money back. Sorry, but am I alone in wanting my money to go to the creation of an efficient, crook-free, healthy permanently publicly owned water supply where our water is delivered in modern pipes rather than 100-year-old pipes? I don't want whatever money I paid back. I want a water supply that people use responsibly and are punished financially for wasting.

Nobody across the entire political spectrum in this state has the courage or integrity to make a stand here. Watching all the mé féiner sectoral interests, I despair at any hope of making our communities and overall society a bit more civically minded. We couldn't even create a proper water supply for ourselves.

Mate, this is trivial things that annoy you like getting your sleeve wet when when doing the dishes. That stuff you posted is heavy, Doc

Another thing, and I quote myself in this thread 18 months ago, "Irish people who say "mate". It just sounds wrong."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

People who drive with no lights on. Not talking about in the day or even just coming to dusk. I'm talking when its black out. I keep seeing it in places where the drivers cant just have taken off a minute before. One fool in a van was doing it on the M50 about 7pm there a while back. I blast the horn at them and still nothing! Dangerous idiots. (apologies if this one has been done already!)

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Mate, this is trivial things that annoy you like getting your sleeve wet when when doing the dishes. That stuff you posted is heavy, Doc
    Another thing, and I quote myself in this thread 18 months ago, "Irish people who say "mate". It just sounds wrong."

Ha well you got me there in fairness and that's a trivial thing most definitely so I shall thank it, mo chara.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Cooked a turkey breast for today's mid morning snack. Took it out and noticed it was a little pink in the middle, "no biggy" says I and I throw it back in for 5 minutes more.
    25 minutes later ... "shít! The food!".
    Sat at my desk reluctantly eating it, it's as dry as Ghandi's flip flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Deedsie wrote: »
    Without doubt the most irritating "nails on chalkboard" expression there is. Awful

Even worse, "my bad".

I've said it many times now, and I'll keep saying it. Text speak. Also, text someone, and they ring back.
    (By text, I mean Viber or WhatsApp, who sends texts any more?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Even worse, "my bad".

I've said it many times now, and I'll keep saying it. Text speak. Also, text someone, and they ring back.
    (By text, I mean Viber or WhatsApp, who sends texts any more?)

Totes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Was the friend Won Hung Lo ?

My TA? I see people with ashes and I keep humming David Bowie songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA cos I stuck a muffin in microwave and walked off, I forgot it was there. burnt to bejaysus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Bathroom etiquette at work:

When standing at the urinal and a colleague walks in, a simple "How's it going?" will suffice. I do NOT want a full blown conversation, thank you very much :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bought a big tub of yoghurt to have in work, opened it on Monday. Wasnt in the office yesterday and somebody has either thrown it out or eaten it!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at myself I can't find my wedding ring and can't remember if I put it on today or left it at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Bathroom etiquette at work:

When standing at the urinal and a colleague walks in, a simple "How's it going?" will suffice. I do NOT want a full blown conversation, thank you very much :mad:
    You just want to do what you must and get out of there as quickly as possible.

I'm just back from the toilet at work. 8 stalls in the ladies', all empty so I could take my pick.
    No 1: Looked clean, smelled terrible.
    No 2: Wads of toilet roll up to the top of the bowl.
    No 3: Brown soup
    No 4: Lid down, too scared at this stage to lift it.
    No 5: Just right.

I feel like writing a fairy tale about my quest for a clean toilet to use at work. (Is it so much to ask?)

I will call it Bowldilocks....... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement