Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA I can't use a urinal.
    I'd be in my element

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

TA I can't use a urinal.
    I'd be in my element

You can. She wee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I lasted a full 127 waking minutes in to my Lenten resolution. Can resist everything but temptation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I wouldn't normally go to the doctor for something like this but I already had an appointment booked for tomorrow morning for bloods and a prescription renewal, so I suppose I'd better mention it to him (if it's not very obvious). It might even be a chest infection!! :pac:
    Turns out it was a chest infection, the first (diagnosed) one I've ever had, which isn't bad for a 44 year old. The doctor told me to take the week off but I'll definitely be back in work by Friday.

I hate taking anti-biotics (and very rarely have) but I will this time 'cos I just want the coughing to go away.

MY RIBS!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA about that story of the women getting the criminal record for finding twenty quid, she should have told the police to get fcuked, finders keepers.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Aglomerado wrote: »
    You just want to do what you must and get out of there as quickly as possible.

I'm just back from the toilet at work. 8 stalls in the ladies', all empty so I could take my pick.
    No 1: Looked clean, smelled terrible.
    No 2: Wads of toilet roll up to the top of the bowl.
    No 3: Brown soup
    No 4: Lid down, too scared at this stage to lift it.
    No 5: Just right.

I feel like writing a fairy tale about my quest for a clean toilet to use at work. (Is it so much to ask?)

I will call it Bowldilocks....... :D

Hmmm I think you work in the same place as me. Same story everyday in the ladies....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Rory McIlroy on his golf game with Trump. - "I'm not an American..."
    Well stop talking like one then you bellend. smileys-angry-577563.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Myself, for watching The Fault in Our Stars. Just know I will be bawling by the end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

They took me off all medication, everything. I literally, no exaggeration, cannot move.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Shannon757 wrote: »
    They took me off all medication, everything. I literally, no exaggeration, cannot move.

Why did they do that?Surely you need painkillers at least..

• Advertisement

Colser wrote: »
    Why did they do that?Surely you need painkillers at least..

Thy are changing it but said to stop everything immediately so now I have nothing for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Thy are changing it but said to stop everything immediately so now I have nothing for a few days.

You can buy Solpadiene over the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

They know best I suppose but that seems very harsh leaving you in such pain,hope you get sorted really soon.

TA that every single morning I swear that I will go to bed early that night and I never do...I can feel tomorrow mornings tiredness already..

You can buy Solpadiene over the counter.

I know. I was on it daily but I have to stop that too. I can take nothing at all. I'm dying here.

Poor pet. Your back? I have protruding discs which cause sciatica and I get awful bad for maybe two weeks and I'm grand for months. Back pain is awful. You can't walk, stand, sit. You can't lift your legs. You can't turn over. You can't cough or sneeze or sit up. You can't lay down all day either because it makes it worse. You try move and it can go into spasms and it locks leaving you feelibgvlind you've been paralysed. I only have it for a few weeks but I can't cope with the pain, tramadol, solphedol, difiene, OxyContin, diazepam. Nothing takes the edge off.

You're so young, and seem to be in chronic pain. I feel so bad for you. I can't imagine what it must be like living with that on a regular basis. :( I hope they find something to work for you.

My TA: having dinner that gives me awful heart burn

Poor pet. Your back? I have protruding discs which cause sciatica and I get awful bad for maybe two weeks and I'm grand for months. Back pain is awful. You can't walk, stand, sit. You can't lift your legs. You can't turn over. You can't cough or sneeze or sit up. You can't lay down all day either because it makes it worse. You try move and it can go into spasms and it locks leaving you feelibgvlind you've been paralysed. I only have it for a few weeks but I can't cope with the pain, tramadol, solphedol, difiene, OxyContin, diazepam. Nothing takes the edge off.

You're so young, and seem to be in chronic pain. I feel so bad for you. I can't imagine what it must be like living with that on a regular basis. :( I hope they find something to work for you.

My TA: having dinner that gives me awful heart burn
    It's all over. I was just my arthritis but I got diagnosed today with another chronic illness which just makes everything worse. I'm gonna have chronic pain for the rest of my life and there's no cure for it :(

TA: ^^^^^^

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

People who use google for their doctor.

It's all over. I was just my arthritis but I got diagnosed today with another chronic illness which just makes everything worse. I'm gonna have chronic pain for the rest of my life and there's no cure for it :(

TA: ^^^^^^

Hugs. Things might get better, you're still young.

I can't sleep and furthermore the way Irish TV tries to makes 'out there' docs in the same line as British TV and fail miserably. Some fiend in bad shorts and stupid sunglasses saying 'hey man' every two minutes does not wash with me.

I'm an idiot. I shouldn't be in school like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Sucks. I listen to too much Joe Rogan but apparently weed cures everything.....

• Advertisement

It's best to keep moving, I had a car accident and went back to work fast as stopping moving around will worsen the situation.

I only had one hour's sleep and am now working or trying to. Have sleeping problems.

TA a kid I know, (just turned 16) who I've known my whole life, and who used to actually listen to me and think I was cool, has dropped out of school and is posting photos on snapchat of nothing but joints. She's smoking joints at 3am. She's hanging out with scrawny little scumbag guys that look like they rob old ladies in derlict carparks, who look like they need a few mugs of complain and a good Sunday dinner. She's gone from a beautiful girl, great figure, pretty face to an insanely thin monroe wearing black hair extensions dripping from her head fred perry clad little junkie lookalike. I'd say weed is the least of her worries too. She used to listen to me and i tried talk to her about all the weed and she sent me back the crying face emoji and suggested me and her smoke a joint together.

Inknow we all made bad choices at kids but she's a good kid and I don't want something bad to happen to her

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Trivially annoyed by people posting annoyances that aren't trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My nose ALWAYS get itchy when I'm washing the dishes so whenever I scratch it, I get suds on my face which makes my face itchy.

Catching your sleeve on the handle of the door as you're leaving the room. It pulls you back and you get a fright.

The toilet seat slipping slightly to one side when you're sitting on it. The fright!

A cat appearing in front of you causing the spotlight to come on when you open the front door.

TA - passive aggressiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by the ginger cat waking me at 5.55 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'm TAd since I got up this morning.
    Which is adding to the TAness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

TA chapped fingers :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The missus kept me awake with her snoring.
    The girl then kept me awake with wanting a drink and a chat at 2am.
    The boy kept me awake after that because he wanted to complain about not being able to sleep at 4am.
    The cats then kept me awake by deciding to see which of them could run the fastest at 5:30am this morning.
    The alarm went off at 6:35am.

I'm a little sleepy today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Ta at myself cos I'm getting anxious about traveling tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement