Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,733 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The bloke across the road with his leaf blower.

I hate that machine and the concept.

The machine is handheld so it is switched on and off as needed. It is noisy as f**k.

It blows the leaves around the garden to the point where it would be far quicker to brush them.

It would make more sense for the machine to suck up the leaves.

I've shut the windows but the noise is something else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA at the 3 ring circus that bursts into life everytime I am on the phone. I could be talking to my sister or the doctor, it doesn't matter. The kids will start arguing, himself will be looking for me, they can see I am on the phone and they actually ask me questions. Jesus fcukin Christ :(
    Also someone talking at me when I am asleep. Why the hell would you talk to someone who is sleeping? If you love me let me sleep FFS!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

everlast75 wrote: »

The machine is handheld so it is switched on and off as needed. It is noisy as f**k.

It blows the leaves around the garden to the point where it would be far quicker to brush them.

On that note, chainsaws and circular saws for hours on end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I am not one for giving out. But would this cold ever fock the feck off and infect someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

73Cat wrote: »
    TA at the 3 ring circus that bursts into life everytime I am on the phone. I could be talking to my sister or the doctor, it doesn't matter.

Similar here - except it's our dogs thwey seem to have learned to bark while we're on the phone in the hope/expectation they'll get a treat to pacify them - brats

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

73Cat wrote: »
    TA at the 3 ring circus that bursts into life everytime I am on the phone. I could be talking to my sister or the doctor, it doesn't matter.

Similar here - except it's our dogs they seem to have learned to bark while we're on the phone in the hope/expectation they'll get a treat to pacify them - brats

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When someone uses the toilet in work and the smell travels up through the office :(:(:(:(:(

Have some manners and open the bloody window!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

everlast75 wrote: »

Look on the bright side, another couple of weeks and you will have the joy of listening to some bastard mowing his lawn at 8am on a Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA - luckiest man has a fight night this weekend. Kickboxing. Heswalking around the house the past week like he's rocky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Getting your ashes via a drive thru.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I know its been said before but the Lollipop day ad in the forum.
    A lot of the recent marketing regarding cancer has been distasteful.
    Its a disservice to the dignity of those who are affected by it and those who work in all the hardworking cancer services.
    Its an evil, horrible thing - you don't need shock tactics or clickbait. We know.

Sorry for the rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Your Face wrote: »
    I know its been said before but the Lollipop day ad in the forum.
    A lot of the recent marketing regarding cancer has been distasteful.
    Its a disservice to the dignity of those who are affected by it and those who work in all the hardworking cancer services.
    Its an evil, horrible thing - you don't need shock tactics or clickbait. We know.

Sorry for the rant.

Completely agree. I posted about it in Feedback also.

TA my Mam's dog escaped and arrived at my door an hour ago.

TA that now I have to get ready for work and dislodge her from her warm snooze to put her on a lead and for us to walk in the wind and rain. Ugh the absolute worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Jrop wrote: »
    TA by the ginger cat waking me at 5.55 :(

TA by the dawn chorus this morning. Think I might have a nest somewhere above my bedroom window. Please send that ginger cat to me!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'll take your dawn chorus and swap it for my chainsaws.

I will swap anything to be rid the noise of the kitten next door meaowing begging to be let in out of the cold and rain.

I'd kittennap* him, Winterlong. That way you'd be swapping purring for meowing.

*Temporarily, of course. I'm not suggesting you should steal anyone's pet.

New Home wrote: »
    I'd kittennap* him, Winterlong. That way you'd be swapping purring for meowing.

*Temporarily, of course. I'm not suggesting you should steal anyone's pet.

Achoo!
    TA that I am allergic to cats and one dog.

The youngest threw up 5 minutes after getting the first spoon of her antibiotic :(

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Winterlong TA by other cat who meows and meows and meows getting louder and louder until I open the door.

Are you my neighbour ? ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd with Hertz. I picked up a hire car on tuesday morning. the lady in Hertz asked if i wanted to pay extra for a sat nav. I had downloaded offline google maps for the area i was in so i told her i wouldnt need it. When i get into the car there is a huge sat nav screen in the middle of the dash. what a bunch of total chancers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Got a call saying I didn't get a job... annoying part is now going to be telling people I didn't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

well at least you got a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

LIDL used to stock Thai Red Curry Paste, and Coconut Milk, part of the Vitasia range. Apparently no longer so. Hmmph. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    LIDL used to stock Thai Red Curry Paste, and Coconut Milk, part of the Vitasia range. Apparently no longer so. Hmmph. :mad:

It drives me mad when Lidl and Aldi stock something really nice....for a limited time only. I'd happily shop there more often if I could be guaranteed that I'd be able to consistently buy the stuff I like. At least with the bigger supermarkets, the stock is more or less always there, month in month out.

Stop teasing me with something nice that I can't buy anywhere in two months.

I think I may have seen it all now. An ad for VI Poo, scented spray to spray down the toilet before you have a sh1t when you are out and about. It absorbs the smell and saves your embarrasment. TA, I thought it was an ad for some comedy sketch show, but no it is made by Airwick.

It was out a few years ago during the times of the Celtic Tiger, it was made with essential oil that would create film over the water and would prevent bad smells from 'seeping' out - I can't remember what it was called or if it was effective or not, but yes, it does sound crazy.

My TA - you give someone an application form that you filled in for him/her. You tell that person s/he has to sign in three different places in front of the officer who will witness the signing. You ask that person if s/he wants you put some post it tabs to show him/her where to sign, and you get told not to be ridiculous, that at a push you could draw some arrows in pencil. Then that person comes back to you with a copy of the form, and you realise that not only was it signed only twice, but that the officer never witnessed the signing.

WHY THE HELL DO I BOTHER?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

People who can't colour inside lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Trying to listen to music on Spotify and it lagging

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

One of the neighbors have a wind chime, I don't even know what direction it's coming from but by jasus its a nuisance when trying to get some sleep on a windy night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Had a blazing row with the OH earlier and because of my stubborness I stayed in bad humour all evening and gave him the silent treatment, even though he kept trying to apologise.
    I'm a horrible person.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement