Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

In bed, all cosy and warm. Remembered I left my wedding and engagement rings on the side of the bath earlier. Can't decide if I should go and retrieve them or chance that the 4yr old won't flush them in the morn.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

fussyonion wrote: »
    Had a blazing row with the OH earlier and because of my stubborness I stayed in bad humour all evening and gave him the silent treatment, even though he kept trying to apologise.
    I'm a horrible person.

Ah ya don't have to feel like a horrible person! We all can be stubborn. Just apologise to him. He'll appreciate it and you'll feel better too. Everyone will feel good after it. Also, buy him a kinder bueno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm sure you aren't horrible FO. Things are calmer in the morning, accept his apology then if you're still stubborn or apologise to him if you're sorry. It'll be ok :)

MY tA is in frozen and asked for a boiling hot roasting hot water bottle. I got a tepid bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Omackeral wrote: »
    a kinder bueno.

TA at Omackeral for FORCING me to eat a Bueno when really, I need to be asleep.

*rides sugar high*

**shakes fists at O**

I am grateful really :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Adults behaving like children major TA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Rain that is really bitter and cold and kind-of chops through ya... :( I do recall it being said that cold rain is a sign of snow! Hhmmmm.....

Major TA don't know you previous poster is talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

So much pain. So sick. No sleep

Shannon757 wrote: »
    So much pain. So sick. No sleep

Same :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Was having a nice snooze on my 6.30 am bus to work and was rudely awoken by 2 fellas chatting loudly getting on the bus. They continued to roar their heads off and my earphones were no use :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

They took me off all medication, everything. I literally, no exaggeration, cannot move.

:( That's not good.

People who use google for their doctor.

Sometimes you leave the doctor with so many unanswered questions and so little information though.

TA'd with my anxiety making me catastrophize about my blood tests. It's really unlikely that I have the things I'm worrying about but I kept going over it in my head last night.

And TA'd about someone correcting my spelling. I might be dyslexic for all they know. I hate interfering pedants.

TA'd at the state of the media. ''Is this Donald Trump handshake the most awkward thing to have ever happened, ever?'' most of the headlines are similar. All it's missing is the word ''like''.
    No, but your standards are close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sitting, child free in a cafe having a coffee and a lady plonks at the table beside me and won't stop trying to engage me in conversation.
    Yes, it's raining out.
    No, I don't know if / when it will stop.
    No, I don't care that your brown bread is too dry and has guinness in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Raining heavily all night and all day so far. Don't care too much about that as I'm indoors.

But if tonight's Cork City match is cancelled, I will be sorely upset :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

People who say i got my hair did or nails did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

When an event or amazing diy project/recipe shows up on bookface or pinterest, and I waste time trying to get the basic info.

Links referring you to other links and several sites... then you scroll down thru endless, enormous, stylized pics of the same thing at all angles, replete with mind-numbing details of "we made this for my great neices 2nd un-birthday and they raved over this and that and if and when and oh my and you really must, but be sure to, cos my friends great grandmother tried to... and look how perfect it turns out when I do it..." (ten pages of blog-rambling and self-praise before finally getting to the end and the recipe/project/news clip is linked to another site .... that is, of course, defunct).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

"Hello this is Stampy"

If you know what this is you know why it is annoying.

When you think it would be smart to take a shortcut by going on the M50 only to drive down the ramp to traffic hell, look for a quick escape and it's to leave the M50 again in the next exit, which happens to have a queue for at least 3km long trying to escape.

And we pay extra to take this "shortcut"!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

God help me. Progeny #2 has turned into the Devil Child. He cannot be led nor asked nor encouraged nor driven nor explained et(feckin')c.

I've lost patience and have just checked out (or rather more truthfully tag teamed Daddy in) otherwise world war three would have started here tonight. Daddy is much more likely to take the softer route and relent somewhat than I however even Daddy who has much more patience than I is within sight of the end of his rope.

Its beyond a TA right now. A four year old is not nor ever will be the boss of this house.

ArrrrrrrrrAaaaaaaagggh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

When you think it would be smart to take a shortcut by going on the M50 only to drive down the ramp to traffic hell, look for a quick escape and it's to leave the M50 again in the next exit, which happens to have a queue for at least 3km long trying to escape.

And we pay extra to take this "shortcut"!

I feel your pain. Was out of my physio appointment at 4pm. Thought - brilliant, I'll be home early so - not a chance. Sat for 45 minutes in traffic on the Malone Road in Belfast. By the time I got in the door the husband had txted to say that he was on the bus and needed a lift from the bus stop coz of the torrential rain. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm so TA'd that all TV and Film threads on boards don't include spoilers.

Just read through a couple of threads to see if certain films would be worth going to see, I think I'll wait till they come out on Netflix after reading some posts.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

It's all over. I was just my arthritis but I got diagnosed today with another chronic illness which just makes everything worse. I'm gonna have chronic pain for the rest of my life and there's no cure for it :(

TA: ^^^^^^
    I don't know what chronic illness you've been diagnosed with, but any chronic pain is an absolute nightmare, I have learned.

I was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis (rheumatic arthritis predominantly on the spine) last year, after years of sporadic back pain, but now it's pretty much permanent pain.

I guess any chronic pains aren't trivial though. What is trivially annoying, IME, is people telling me about their sore backs, when it's brought up, as if it's somehow comparable :(

Another neighbour bought a Dacia Duster, oh ffs 5 now with silver ones. Fcuk you pcp.

*insert daily post about pain and no sleep here*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

*insert daily post about pain and no sleep here*

It's beyond trivial at this stage. You need to be posting in the long term illness forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Although I went food shopping yesterday, there's nothing I want for lunch but I am hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Although I went food shopping yesterday, there's nothing I want for lunch but I am hungry.

Try closing the fridge door and opening it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Don't be fussy, have an onion.

• Advertisement

1. People who say "It's all in your head"/ "mind over matter" and other similar smugfúck lines to people suffering.

2. Arlene! She needs at least a decade in some sort of charm school (preferably in a hippy commune). She consistently makes those famous frosty faces Mary Harney, Alan Shatter and Mick McDowell seem endearing and warm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement