Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

1. People who say "It's all in your head"/ "mind over matter" and other similar smugfúck lines to people suffering.

+1 to that! Quite the TA! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

People who only butter the middle of a slice of toast/bread. You trying to save butter or something? Butter it to the edge FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

People who leave dogs indoors constantly for hours and hours and feicin' HOURS on end without any attention. Why would anyone do that? I don't get it. Ya shouldn't be allowed have a dog if you're not going to be around for it! Authorities should do random-spot-checks on all pets to make sure they're being cared for adequately correctly. And anyways should dogs even be indoors that much like.... If yer holed up inside 4 walls obviously there's gonna be screeching and crying and whining and whimpering and barking, and currently what can only be described as howling. Shure that's crazy like. If a feicing dog is whining, logically you might check to see if they need to go outside to pee or if they're hungry or thirsty or something, but obviously you need to be around to do that.

I'm actually considering driving somewhere to get away from the howling racket. I can't believe this I feicing pay to live here. And now I'll probably end up going to the Shop and spend money I don't have buying something I don't need.

They'll come home now this evening and they won't even bring the dog out for a walk. So that means the dog hasn't gotten any fresh air or exercise. I would actually nearly report that for the sake of the dog's health.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Shops that only stock green bananas-my local supervalu (which I love otherwise for its fresh fruit selection)doesn't seem to register that I if I want a banana,I'd prefer that it might be edible (like straight away)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Drunken Clam

Menus!

They'll say something like "freshly caught Clew Bay Whiting, Pan Fried and served with seasonal greens and garnished with Parsley from our very own herb garden"

What that really means sometimes is "Greasy Fish & Peas with a sprig of Parsley"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Bad parents and bad kids in restaurants. It's not a play centre for Gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

When the phone and laptop both need charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

Short people who try to poke my eye out with their umbrellas!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

People who leave dogs indoors constantly for hours and hours and feicin' HOURS on end without any attention. Why would anyone do that? I don't get it. Ya shouldn't be allowed have a dog if you're not going to be around for it! Authorities should do random-spot-checks on all pets to make sure they're being cared for adequately correctly. And anyways should dogs even be indoors that much like.... If yer holed up inside 4 walls obviously there's gonna be screeching and crying and whining and whimpering and barking, and currently what can only be described as howling. Shure that's crazy like. If a feicing dog is whining, logically you might check to see if they need to go outside to pee or if they're hungry or thirsty or something, but obviously you need to be around to do that.

I'm actually considering driving somewhere to get away from the howling racket. I can't believe this I feicing pay to live here. And now I'll probably end up going to the Shop and spend money I don't have buying something I don't need.

They'll come home now this evening and they won't even bring the dog out for a walk. So that means the dog hasn't gotten any fresh air or exercise. I would actually nearly report that for the sake of the dog's health.

Not all dogs are the same, Some like being inside.

They generally have different personalities. The two I have at moment couldn't be more different, one likes to sit out in the rain and has to be bribed to come in, the other only goes out for toilet purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Got the start of a migraine a wee while ago. The whirly bit in my right eye and not being able to see properly. Got drugs in instantly so no major pain just a light dull headache but it has my wiped. Have been getting them far more often than is usual for me.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself this week as I haven't managed to have a pain free day. Always positive for tomorrow though and grateful I don't have chronic pain like others do.

• Advertisement

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Not all dogs are the same, Some like being inside.

They generally have different personalities. The two I have at moment couldn't be more different, one likes to sit out in the rain and has to be bribed to come in, the other only goes out for toilet purposes.

Mine will sometimes tell you she needs to go to the toilet but when you open the door and it's raining she just looks up and says she'll hold it thanks.

She's never on her own more than four hours though (and even that's rare), and she gets loads of exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Vela wrote: »
    Short people who try to poke my eye out with their umbrellas!

I'm short and I'd love to be able to poke people's eyes out with an umbrella :). Living in a seaside town there is no point in owning one as I'd be taking off like Mary Poppins in the wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah my two would rather combust than dare step foot outside. Sometimes the little one stands at the door barking and when I open the door he won't go out but barks at me like it's me pissing from the sky.

My TA is my dinner was yock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Drunken Clam

What about brochures or web pages that use the term "form factor" when they just mean format

Pretentious, Pretentious, Pretentious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

That naggy niggly feeling in the back of your mind that there was something you were supposed to do today that you forgot ... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Selfish family members. I had to work overtime on a crucial business project today so i made a few phone calls this week to see if anyone could collect my elderly mother from Dublin Airport after she spent a few weeks in the UK with her sister and not one of them could drop their precious plans in order to just take a few hours to collect her and bring her home. I cancelled work and did it myself; my blood is boiling at how selfish people can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

People saying " I cannot wait to do / for this ......."

Inane ramblings for saying something for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

TA'd that my housemate has brought their partner round without telling us again, which means for the next 4 days the living room and kitchen are going to be near permently occupied and we can't make food without feeling like a third wheel.

TA'd that the internet is running incredibly slow for no reason.

TA'd that I need to watch a film for class but I can't find it with subtitles anywhere and my French is nowhere near good enough to try without.

TA'd that after people posting about chronic pain and migraines my own TA's feel too trivial (nothing against you guys though, keep fighting through it :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Amanda Byram - what a thoroughly false sickening job she does presenting that dancing show

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Trivial posting of back pain or arse daily pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Trivial posting of back pain or arse daily pain.

Anusol is good for arse pain.

TA'd that my wine is gone and I'm not tipsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

TA'ed about being misunderstood tonight.......... when I myself misunderstood someone today. (shakes head at self)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- jack the stripper do not post in this thread again.

When you press 'ctrl' and 'p' on your laptop expecting to hear the sweet mellifluous sound of the wireless printer upstairs, but it doesn't go off because some luddite was up there and they decided to unplug the printer everything.

Newspaper property supplements and estate agents - "auctioneers" as we used to call them - who struggle to communicate in the metric system. And I'm not talking about some 90-year-old auctioneer. There was a young one yesterday about 28 and she could only tell me what the size of the house was in "feet", and as The Irish Times/Myhome.ie only gave the size of the property in imperial measurements I couldn't tell (is refusing to give the size in metric not against Irish law yet?). Will this stupid, pointless crap ever end? Metric is an infinitely more efficient and regular measurement system than feet/inches/pecks/quarts/gallons/ounces/drams/minims/gill/bushels/pints/rods/yards/square rods...

And no, the house does not look bigger simply because the imperial measurement has more digits in it than the metric measurement - which is the only reason you're omitting the metric.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Tax discs.
    Tear along the perforated line to get the tax disc. Except I only ever manage to get about 70% of the way around the disc before the perforated line stops being perforated and I get a torn tax disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People giving advice on something they know nothing about but consider themselves an expert because they've watched a few YouTube videos and follow a blogger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

People who say 'ta' instead of 'thanks'. Are you such an enebriated sh1t stain on life that you can't eek out the other few letters out of you.

People who say 'ta' instead of 'thanks'. Are you such an enebriated sh1t stain on life that you can't eek out the other few letters out of you.

Oh hai o/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tá! :pac:

Ah, ní raibh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement