Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

There is nothing in the house for dinner! Gimmie a roast dinner somebody.

I would love a few drinks tonight but I imbibed Fri and Sat so probably shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

What about brochures or web pages that use the term "form factor" when they just mean format

Pretentious, Pretentious, Pretentious

Sounds like a talent show for civil servants!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

byte wrote: »
    Tá! :pac:

Ah, ní raibh!

The Irish is cool. It's the English version I'm on about :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

What does enebriated mean in this context by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

What does enebriated mean in this context by the way?

Someone I know who drinks too much uses this phrase making the phrase annoy me more. Beyond Trivial perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Annoyed that the butcher didn't cut the piece of meat the way I asked him to, and then annoyed at myself that I didn't just cut it myself, that's what you get for laziness I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Jars of things like jalepeno peppers that have to be used within a week of opening. I'm the only one that eats them and much as I love them I'm not going to eat a whole jar in a week.
    Not realising that the last episode of Gotham that I watched was the series finale:(
    Pulling up to a petrol pump today and find that I have left my purse at home.
    My life is a series of unfortunate events :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can drain the jalapeno peppers and stick them in the freezer.

My TA is that itchy spot on your back that you can't reach on your own, and there's nobody around to scratch it for you, so you end up doing a Baloo against the door jamb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

New Home wrote: »
    My TA is that itchy spot on your back that you can't reach on your own, and there's nobody around to scratch it for you, so you end up doing a Baloo against the door jamb.

Epic! Can't stop laughing at that one. The amount of times I look like a bear trying to swallow the door jamb up me arse isn't funny.

TA for the day - Tom Jones' Jacket on the voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

You can drain the jalapeno peppers and stick them in the freezer.

Thanks, I didn't know that !!
    You need to invest in a bear claw back scratcher, best few euro I ever spent:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Always have a spare ruler close by for this exact reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

kfallon wrote: »
    Always have a spare ruler close by for this exact reason!

I use a fork!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    Epic! Can't stop laughing at that one. The amount of times I look like a bear trying to swallow the door jamb up me arse isn't funny.

TA for the day - Tom Jones' Jacket on the voice.

I like the jacket,it's not unusual..ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 29,068 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

People who say 'ta' instead of 'thanks'. Are you such an enebriated sh1t stain on life that you can't eek out the other few letters out of you.

My teenage daughter has managed to abbreviate OK. Texts from her will regularly consist of

K

How can you abbreviate OK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

73Cat wrote: »
    Thanks, I didn't know that !!
    You need to invest in a bear claw back scratcher, best few euro I ever spent:)
    a pasta spork works in a pinch too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My oldest dog is the good dog. All day long he's been out of sorts. I don't know what's wrong. He ate all his food and played ball but there was something off.
    I've recently discovered he sleeps by the door waiting for me to come back, which is TA enough when I think of him on a cold bare floor.
    But he never barks unless someone's outside (big heavy woofs) or if he's cold or wet (frantic woofs).

Just settling into bed into a nice sleep when I hear yelping woofs. These went on for a minute or two until I hopped outta bed and flew down the stairs. He's laying by the door and he starts yelling as soon as he heard me. I turned on the light and he nearly ate me alive with neediness, jumping up at me, licking me, sitting at my feet trying to get as close as he could.

He never does that, I don't know why he was crying. Me and him are going sleeping in the spare room but i don't know if he's sick or if he's playing me. Why Can't dogs talk :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The Nordie accent. Communiddy, sitcyachun.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When you let somebody pull out onto the main road in front of you, and then they are the last car through the changing lights.

THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

osarusan wrote: »
    When you let somebody pull out onto the main road in front of you, and then they are the last car through the changing lights.

THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN ME!

Worse is when, after you let them out, they drive at a snails pace up to the lights before accelerating thru them just as the lights turn red.

It's like they are trolling you. :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was in a taxi the other night and the driver would put the foot on the accelerator and get the revs up. Then foot off, and clutch down until the reves came back down and the car slowed down, shift gear and repeat.
    It was a mad way to drive. As the gears got higher, the car started chugging along.
    He also used the steering wheel the way BA in the A-Team did, he didn't hold it straight and was always moving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA that The Voice UK was on while I was having my dinner last night and I didn't turn it off, meaning the 20 mins I watched is the longest I've seen of it.
    Will.i.am is the most boring pretentious fool who takes ages to string a sentence together. Even if some of what he was saying was good, I just couldn't look at him anymore.
    Earphones around his head and phone in hand, ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Soccer talk (or any talk about sport that isn't hurling). BORING

When you're trying to think of the name of something for ages and you can't. What's the name of the underground "newspapers"/pamphlets that the Bolsheviks used to send to each other before the 1917 revolution? It definitely began with 'S' (I'm all googled out!).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

My teenage daughter has managed to abbreviate OK. Texts from her will regularly consist of

K

How can you abbreviate OK?

Que? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Someone keeps taking my pens in work. I brought two pens with me to work for my own personal use, and in the span of a year both of vanished without a trace. I then decided to use the pens at work but every time I keep getting one out of the supply closet it goes missing. Was using a pen today and left my desk for a few minutes and when I returned it was gone. I know it's not a prank or a joke because these people aren't the sort to do that type of thing. The pens just have a way of disappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,249 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Not sure this comes under here but I have to vent.

The fact that I have a f***ing Christmas song in my head all day in work.

Jona Lewie - I wish I was at home for Christmas....

G'WAAAAAAAAAAAAY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Someone keeps taking my pens in work. I brought two pens with me to work for my own personal use, and in the span of a year both of vanished without a trace. I then decided to use the pens at work but every time I keep getting one out of the supply closet it goes missing. Was using a pen today and left my desk for a few minutes and when I returned it was gone. I know it's not a prank or a joke because these people aren't the sort to do that type of thing. The pens just have a way of disappearing.

Same thing happens to me every time I stand up from my desk. It annoys da fuq out of me, but I can only assume people think that pens are everywhere in the department and I'll have no problem getting another one, whereas they need a pen NOW to write something down and my pen/desk was closest (a lot of people pass by my desk on a daily basis), and sure now they have it they might as well take it with them in case they need one again....meanwhile I'm left scrabbling around in the back of a drawer for a half-chewed pen to take a message on the phone or something. I should keep a box of pens hidden somewhere, but they'd find them. They'd find them. And once they know they're there, my desk would become the go-to place to get a pen. Meaning no pens for me.

I've thought about this a lot, can you tell? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When you're trying to think of the name of something for ages and you can't. What's the name of the underground "newspapers"/pamphlets that the Bolsheviks used to send to each other before the 1917 revolution? It definitely began with 'S' (I'm all googled out!).

Do you mean Severnaya Pravda ?

Do you mean Severnaya Pravda ?

Nope, not that. It was a single name beginning with S for all these types of underground pro-communist pamphlets in the years running up to the Russian Revolution.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Nope, not that. It was a single name beginning with S for all these types of underground pro-communist pamphlets in the years running up to the Russian Revolution.

If you think of it, let us know. it's driving me mad now too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement