Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

T'A when you say you don't like something and people go ''What? How can you not like 'the thing'? I LOVE 'the thing'!'' and they keep at you about it as if they're going to make you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A woman giving us a lunchtime presentation kept saying "pacific" instead of "specific". Each successive time she said it, a twitch in my eye got worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Nope, not that. It was a single name beginning with S for all these types of underground pro-communist pamphlets in the years running up to the Russian Revolution.

is it 'Samizdat'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samizdat

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

A woman giving us a lunchtime presentation kept saying "pacific" instead of "specific". Each successive time she said it, a twitch in my eye got worse.

Some people have an issue pronouncing words starting with 'sp', believe it or not!

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Esel wrote: »
    Some people have an issue pronouncing words starting with 'sp', believe it or not!
    That also why some people can't say ask?

Hearing Ax grinds my TA nerve, especially watching a Tv commentator get it wrong (and say it 5 times in a 30 second broadcast - maybe they could try a different word like query ...or somefink :rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

When you hear someone at work say that now they're 25 they're "so old" and "should be on the scrap heap." :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Heavily pregnant women smoking.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Winterlong wrote: »
    Heavily pregnant women smoking.
    When Mrs Bap was in the Baby Extraction Unit in Holles St, I went outside for a bit of air and ended up having a smoke with a woman who was in labour. She didn't have any contractions in those few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

How cold you feel when you're overtired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

How fat you feel after a few days of really awful eating

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I had reason to get nurofen plus. I don't mind the questions but fcuking hell, if you're asking me why I need them you better fcuking understand me when I tell you what procedure I had and not ask me three times in front of other customers to repeat it, then keep saying it back to me with a blank expression and only stop because you haven't a notion what the procedure is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You're too nice Whoops. Stuff that like would have me blowing a fuse. After the second time I'd be inclined to snap and ask them to go get someone who knows what they're talking about.

My TA is companies who could call you with idle threats "if you dong take this package..." **** off. Stop calling me, how about that? Then when I call to complain I get the "oh I'm not in the sales team I'll have someone call you back" no sorry you won't, that was last week. This week you'll have someone talk to me now. "But it's towards the end of the day and..." and what? How is that my problem? Are you still open right now? Yes? And besides if they'd called me back last week like they said they would I would not be calling you right now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Welcome to the new Trivial Annoyance thread. Breath in that new thread smell, embrace it and then let fly with your TA's (Trivial Annoyances)

But before you do, there are some rules. These are the rules that will be strictly enforced. If they are broken they will be punished in a way that will trivially annoy you. It may be a ban of random length, it may be a public flogging, it may be a thread ban, you may need to serve an embarrassing punishment before you are allowed to return.

- This is not a chat thread, so no jumping into conversation off the back of someone's TA.
    - By all means agree with someone's TA, but show how it annoys you as well.
    - Each post must contain a trivial annoyance.
    - Did I mention that each post must contain a trivial annoyance.
    - If you were banned from a previous Trivial Things That Annoy You thread, you're also banned from this thread.

When you are going the speed limit and the driver behind you is right up your ass and growing impatient. This happened to me as recently as Friday on my way to Carlow when a girl racer driving a sh1tty little Peugeot couldn't understand why I was only going 100 k/h in a 100 k/h zone. She passed me out and started honking and giving me daggers as she overtook me. She revved up to at least 120 and much to my delight there was a speed van around the corner. Delighted for her, idiot.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

When you swore you clicked your work address as the delivery address for a parcel but the email invoice says it's been sent to your home (so you'll probably have to go collect it from a depot) :mad:

B00! wrote: »
    That also why some people can't say ask?

Hearing Ax grinds my TA nerve, especially watching a Tv commentator get it wrong (and say it 5 times in a 30 second broadcast - maybe they could try a different word like query ...or somefink :rolleyes:)

How about..brace yourself now..Chimley!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My boiler was on the blink all week.
    Fella came out to take a look.

Boiler started working perfectly as soon as he fired it up.

Next day it was on the blink again. I have called the fella and he's coming back tomorrow.

Turned on the heating just now and it's working.
    It better not fkin work when he comes tomorrow.

I had reason to get nurofen plus. I don't mind the questions but fcuking hell, if you're asking me why I need them you better fcuking understand me when I tell you what procedure I had and not ask me three times in front of other customers to repeat it, then keep saying it back to me with a blank expression and only stop because you haven't a notion what the procedure is.

That was a bit intrusive and cheeky of them. I've a friend who was treated like that when she went to buy a codeine based product. The pharmacist said he didn't recognise her face..the pharmacist was new.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

fussyonion wrote: »

The heating in my car is intermittent as well, it's a dual zone type, the passenger side is blasting out hot air but my side is barely lukewarm. I know if I take it in it will be working grand and make a liar out of me.
    The only good thing, in an odd sort of a way, is that recently it's mainly not working right.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

fussyonion wrote: »
    Fella came out to take a look.

Boiler started working perfectly as soon as he fired it up.

Next day it was on the blink again. I have called the fella and he's coming back tomorrow.

Could be an air bubble. :)

MY TA/T-sad - A 20-odd-people-long queue when I need something and I really don't have time to wait. :(

cbreeze wrote: »

This is it exactly. Thank you!

• Advertisement

My ta:
    people in a queue
    ahead of you
    without a clue
    of what to do
    when called to
    be served
    at the top of the queue
    scattered and battered
    their mind and their money
    it's never funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

My ta:
    people in a queue
    ahead of you
    without a clue
    of what to do
    when called to
    be served
    at the top of the queue
    scattered and battered
    their mind and their money
    it's never funny.

like the woman in the petrol station yesterday who was buying batteries and couldn't make her mind up whether she needed the AA or the AAA ones, and was annoyed when the assistant couldn't tell her which ones she needed and she was completely oblivious to the gatherine number of people in the queue behind her just wanting to pay for petrol and be on their way

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

When I'm watching snooker and a player plays a good shot but the audience doesn't clap much/at all. Then a commentator makes a comment about how good the shot was and the audience (at least all those listening along to the commentary on individual headsets) start clapping about 2 seconds too late.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Drunken Clam

When people say "really?" even though what you've just said isn't the slightest bit improbable

You: I had an itch, so I scratched it

They: Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Morons leaving their recycling in all the wrong bags around the bin so having to shove them into the already full bin leaving the bin open so if it rains, wet stuff alert. Bugs me no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

People who can't grasp the English language. You had ONE language to learn being born in this country and you still can't manage it. What have you been doing this entire time that you don't know basic English? How stupid must someone be to not know the one language that we have? I honestly cannot handle it anymore. It's shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

There is nothing in our work vending machine at the moment except some of those pop tarts.
    No crisps or chocolate.

Workers rights been trodden on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

How about..brace yourself now..Chimley!

Another is the window still

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

People who post 12 replies in a row instead of using the multi-quote button.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Not sure this comes under here but I have to vent.

The fact that I have a f***ing Christmas song in my head all day in work.

Jona Lewie - I wish I was at home for Christmas....

G'WAAAAAAAAAAAAY

TA'd that you had to specify which Christmas song it was and now it's stuck in my head.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement