Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I don't get to watch football often. whenever I don't watch a match it turns out to be a stonker... piece of history... amazing game.

whenever I do watch a match its usually awful stuff and a complete waste of time :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

People who add "lol" at the end of every second sentence they type. I immediately think at best "dope I want far away from me, likely wears slacks. but otherwise harmless. Unless I have to share a long plane journey with them" all the way to "Oh Oh Utter moron alert and come the revolution I'll be wearing their ears as a necklace".

People who are erratic, indecisive and just plain bad drivers. Self driving cars can't come soon enough with those muppets.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Hell, Hell, Bl**dy Hell!

I was putting my 3 year old to bed when I heard the jangle of keys in his bed. He had my key ring with my (one and only) car key on it in the bed with him. I took it off him put them in my pocket. I'm just after taking them out of my pocket and the car key is bent and twisted! WTF was he doing with it!!

Looks like I'm carless if I can't get someone to straighten it. I think that I'm gonna cry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Rogueish wrote: »
    Hell, Hell, Bl**dy Hell!

I was putting my 3 year old to bed when I heard the jangle of keys in his bed. He had my key ring with my (one and only) car key on it in the bed with him. I took it off him put them in my pocket. I'm just after taking them out of my pocket and the car key is bent and twisted! WTF was he doing with it!!

Looks like I'm carless if I can't get someone to straighten it. I think that I'm gonna cry

Has your son got superpowers? Was he born on Krypton?

TA'd that there have been so many superhero movies (and hundreds more to come) that it's started to bleed into real life now! :eek:

(I don't know why I'm surprised - your username is practically an X-Men character name! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Hell, Hell, Bl**dy Hell!

Don't try bend it back. Bring it to a key cutter in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

maudgonner wrote: »
    The salient bit is this MG… :D
    my 3 year old
    If someone ever weaponises three year old humans and sets them loose, nuclear armageddon will look like a pleasant barbecue on a mild day by comparison.

From what I've seen with friends of mine in similar straits, R is just lucky his youngfella didn't get access to the actual family car.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA that I have a mild headache, that is just strong enough to stop me sleeping.
    If I take a pain killer my stomach will be in worse pain than the head.
    Tried having cup of tea, water, open window for fresh air.
    Hope I can sleep soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Thanks Guys
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Don't try bend it back. Bring it to a key cutter in the morning.

That's the plan
    maudgonner wrote: »

The 3year old has the exact same superpowers as almost every other three year old - a penchant for finding trouble in all forms, tantrums of nuclear proportions, twisting his two grannies around his little toe, streaking around the house nude (especially if I'm skyping family) at lightning speed of course
    Wibbs wrote: »
    If someone ever weaponises three year old humans and sets them loose, nuclear armageddon will look like a pleasant barbecue on a mild day by comparison.

Absolutely agree
    Wibbs wrote: »
    From what I've seen with friends of mine in similar straits, R is just lucky his youngfella didn't get access to the actual family car.

His car B&E skills have extended to trying to get INTO parked Garda cars.

My additional TA is the amount of paperwork I have to do is horrendous. Everytime I sit down just to think about starting it the list gets longer! I need someone to be able to read my mind and do it for me - the exact way that I would do it :D Spot the control freak :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

These obnoxious yuppie parents that bring their kids to the gym in the hour or two after they've finished school and leave the poor little f**ker out in the noisy reception area to do his/her homework while they head off for a workout.

Kid should be at home in a quiet environment doing their homework, could see the same poor kid in the lobby area 3 days a week in the place doing their homework.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

TA'd at having the flu. I never get sick :(

I pride myself on a strong immune system and actively avoiding those reprobates in society who insist on coughing and sneezing without covering their gobs.

I'm also TA'd that I can't think of who it was that gave me it!

And also TA'd that I get it at this time of year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I just got an envelope from HR. (Oh no! What did I do?) "You have 335.08 hours of holidays to use this year." That's over 41 days!

The thing that's trivially annoying me is that it means the bit that's over the 41 days, is 7.08 hours. How did I get 7.08 hours? I work on the clock, and the lowest time unit that we can be paid for or can be taken as holidays is 15 minutes. The total should only finish with .0, .25, .5 or .75!! 0.08 of an hour is 4 minutes 48 seconds!!

(But I'm happy that I have the holidays to take...)

armaghlad wrote: »
    TA'd at having the flu. I never get sick :(

I pride myself on a strong immune system and actively avoiding those reprobates in society who insist on coughing and sneezing without covering their gobs.

I'm also TA'd that I can't think of who it was that gave me it!

And also TA'd that I get it at this time of year!

I've a doctor's appointment at 12. I think it's my appendix. Absolutely dreading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I just got an envelope from HR. (Oh no! What did I do?) "You have 335.08 hours of holidays to use this year." That's over 41 days!

The thing that's trivially annoying me is that it means the bit that's over the 41 days, is 7.08 hours. How did I get 7.08 hours? I work on the clock, and the lowest time unit that we can be paid for or can be taken as holidays is 15 minutes. The total should only finish with .0, .25, .5 or .75!! 0.08 of an hour is 4 minutes 48 seconds!!

(But I'm happy that I have the holidays to take...)

Trivially annoyed that you've so many holidays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I did that running type of fall in my daughters bedroom earlier, and ended up whacking the side of my head off of her bedroom door before bouncing off the wall. Did she rush to my aid offering an ice pack ? Did she fcuk, it was "fecks sake, Mam, what are you at?" I'm surprised she didn't put me as her Snapchat story. I've a horribly sore bump:(
    I spotted a pack of kale leaves in the supermarket earlier "unwashed for an honest leaf". I was filled with rage. The sh1te that's spouted to sell stuff nowadays!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The weather, cold & wet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

There was a man (Neanderthal) on the luas yesterday picking his nose in full view of everyone. And I mean having a right ol' root around and examining his finds and rolling them into little balls and flicking them onto the ground. He saw me glaring at him and still kept up his excavation work! What an ignorant fúcker! And people judge me for using hand sanitizer everywhere I go, can you blame me with pigs like that wandering the planet. Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fact that the "Small annoying occurrences" thread got closed before the OP explained why she needed to shower a second time before she could change her socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

Managers trotting out the line 'it will look good on your CV' as they try to dump a load of extra work on you, while pretending they're doing you a great favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

I made a pun on a thread but it was the last post before it went over to a new page so nobody's seeing my pun :(

What's the point of a pun if it doesn't hurt anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Someone polluting the air with their perfume as they're leaving the office for the day. FFS do it outside..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who drive half in the hard shoulder and half on the road. Drives me up the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

The sound of bursting balloons. My nerves..

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

everlast75 wrote: »
    all ads for KBC at the moment. the TV ad bugs the **** out of me, the internet ad on Boards, and the radio ad with your one singing "I am what I am" over and over and over again:(

Yeh there's something about the current batch of radio ads where words of songs in the background are distracting from the message. Someone complained recently that the important message about the Census was drowned out by the jingle/song.

As a male who can only concentrate on one thing at a time the constant interruption of interviewees regardless of the subject matter is really annoying.

Shouting at the radio helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA that there still is no second main announcement from Electric Picnic, jaysus

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Trivially annoying how I don't have electric picnic to look forward to this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Managers trotting out the line 'it will look good on your CV' as they try to dump a load of extra work on you, while pretending they're doing you a great favour.

Why do they say that to you, the answer to the git is...

Why am I putting it on a C.V am I looking for a new job?
    Or
    Is that a hint?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭carefulnowted

TA that I can feel a cold coming on, and I've exams next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA that I don't know if thats my ovary shooting out an egg or the start of appendicitis. *

*I have an irrational fear of appendicitis so now I wont be able to sleep well tonight either!

Snapchat lurkers. I've 2 or 3 friends on snapchat who never send anything or put anything on their story. Yet when I put a pic in my story they're always the first ones to look at them. I'm not on Facebook, but I believe a similar carry on goes on there. Never put anything on it, but spend hours every day on it looking at what other people are at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Finished my exams today. Can't have a drink to celebrate because I'm pregnant. Can't have a non-alcoholic drink because I have a kidney infection. So celebrating with water and antibiotics which are making me feel more drained.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement