Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA that IMDB has stopped its discussion forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

TA'd by jetlag and having to work through it instead of lying in bed feeling sorry for myself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Winterlong wrote: »
    There is nothing in our work vending machine at the moment except some of those pop tarts.
    No crisps or chocolate.

Workers rights been trodden on here.

Pop tarts though.

So expensive, but so delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Drawn out stories.

Bullet point your ****ing stories.
    I don't need to know what you said to him and what he said back and what you replied. I don't care what youbwere wearing or what you were carrying when this happened. Get to the point.

Over 50 mins of a ****ing story about a waiter getting fired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

People who can't grasp the English language. You had ONE language to learn being born in this country and you still can't manage it. What have you been doing this entire time that you don't know basic English? How stupid must someone be to not know the one language that we have? I honestly cannot handle it anymore. It's shocking.

Most people learn Irish and then another in secondary school. I wouldn't point that out only you keep saying one language...

• Advertisement

Businesses that don't bother answering the phone.
    My lack of patience. I actually have none. Between the long story about nothing and phones ringing out I've never felt more like smashing plates on the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Businesses that don't bother answering the phone.
    My lack of patience. I actually have none. Between the long story about nothing and phones ringing out I've never felt more like smashing plates on the floor.

TLDR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Drawn out stories.

I don't need to know what you said to him and what he said back and what you replied. I don't care what youbwere wearing or what you were carrying when this happened. Get to the point.

Excruciating to listen to.
    They're usually the same people who barely listen/comment when it's your turn to tell a story.

They're usually the same people who barely listen/comment when it's your turn to tell a story.
    Do you think I even got a word in edgeways? Her boyfriend could see my eyes rolling in my head from boredom and tried change subject but she was having none of the subject change. It took me turning on snapchat and watching Chloe from Geordie shore do exercises in her mirror for her to realise i was balls deep in boredom. People shouldn't be forced to be so blatantly rude to avoid ear assaults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Do you think I even got a word in edgeways? Her boyfriend could see my eyes rolling in my head from boredom and tried change subject but she was having none of the subject change. It took me turning on snapchat and watching Chloe from Geordie shore do exercises in her mirror for her to realise i was balls deep in boredom. People shouldn't be forced to be so blatantly rude to avoid ear assaults

Jaysus. How does the boyfriend stick it?
    Some people are so self-obsessed they don't realise the torture they're putting people through listening to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭com1

TAs today are (everything really, but particularly) drivers who turn right from the left turn only lane at a T junction (Brunswick St North (D7)) and drivers who only indicate to turn right (at a straight / right turn lane) when the straight ahead filter light turns green (North King Street heading towards Smithfield). I hope you all catch your pubes in your zips and don't notice until you go to sit down!!!! you fuppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,068 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Drawn out stories.

I see that you've met my wife.
    I see that you've met my wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Drawn out stories.

I knew a fella once. If he watched a 30 minute tv show he would spend 45 minutes telling you about it.
    Want his number? :D

Eggs with a shell so hard you'd think there was a baby elephant inside it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Drawn out stories.

I know someone exactly like this. I keep promising myself next time he starts I'm going to say "I'll stop you there!" as if you have something to add, but then just pause and switch the subject completely.

My trivial annoyance is that I have a couple of catholic weddings to attend this year and the thoughts of having to sit in a church right now is actually making me feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that churches are always freezing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The Boards layout has completely changed on my phone. I hate change :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Malari wrote: »

My trivial annoyance is that I have a couple of catholic weddings to attend this year and the thoughts of having to sit in a church right now is actually making me feel sick.

Ugh same except it's a christening I have to go to. Yes, force the poor innocent child to be a member of this awful, awful institution just because it's "the done thing". Might see if I can get out of it yet but it's unlikely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Other half wants to go out on St.Patrick's night but I don't know if I fancy it.
    But I'm TA'd at myself for being a killjoy so I'll probably go in the end.

TA'd that I had an orange and now my fingernails are orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA the book I was waiting for to distract myself with turned out to be a short story.

Maybe not really trivial but the person who was talking about investing in my business is looking like they're not reliable after all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Models who look decidedly under 20 who are 'used' to advertise anti-wrinkle cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

People who eat Flan.

Its just like phlegm mixed with gelatine and put in the fridge to set.

Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

People who eat Flan.

Its just like phlegm mixed with gelatine and put in the fridge to set.

Ugh

So - phlagn it is then! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 19,735 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

73Cat wrote: »
    The Boards layout has completely changed on my phone. I hate change :(

There should be an option on the main page on your phone down the bottom to change it to the old version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

everlast75 wrote: »
    There should be an option on the main page on your phone down the bottom to change it to the old version

legacy site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The fact that Connolly Station is cut off from it's main thoroughfare by a busy dual carraigeway called Amiens Street. The pedestrian crossing from Talbot Street to Connolly Station is unfit for purpose. The lights take an AGE to change and I've seen people take some dangerous risks at the crossing in their haste to get to the station. I think an underground tunnel or some sort of pedestrian bridge is needed. Anyway, rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

2 ould bints shtandin yapping for Ireland in Car-park in front of Church. It's not a marked-out area or anything, it's just an open space like in front of a Football-Pitch. It's pitch-black out, and dark Jackets on the pair of them. Anyone could have pulled in off the main road there at speed, 'cos it's that kind of an area, and ran them over. I often turn the car around there 'cos there's a Petrol-Station next-door. Some people just asked to be mowed down. They could even have stood in the far side of the gate in front of the Church but they didn't. It's the poor hapless helpless unknowing driver then that would have to live with hitting them or running over them if something happened.

DON'T STAND OUTSIDE WEARING DARK JACKETS, TALKING IN A BIG OPEN SPACE IN THE DARK, WHERE CARS ARE LIABLE TO PULL IN PEOPLE! AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN.

Same at Supermarkets. I don't know how/why you'd never hear of accidents at Supermarkets. Cars backing out all sides, and there's people and wandering kids walking straight into car almost, or head shtuck in phone, or not watching where they are going.

Hah! actually in Shopping Centre earlier, I was just walking in, and girl with a fella were walking out. Girl was looking at the fella talking to him and wasn't watching where she was going. She banged straight into my arm. Am in a lot of pain at the moment too co-incidentally, so she picked the wrong person to bump into! I may have raised my voice at her and told her to watch what she was doing. Oopsies! well feic it she hurt me. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Just home from work and it has been one trivial annoyance after another. I brought home €500 that should be in the safe which means I have to get up mad early to take it in and will probably be on the receiving end of some withering comments. Ugh.

I also had to be very sharp with a young wan who was pawing sweets and trying to rob them. Stress!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

"random"
    "viral"
    "trending"
    "that's the end of the show, we'll see you tomorrow"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

People referring to a hen weekend as a "hens"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement