Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    "random"
    "viral"
    "trending"
    "that's the end of the show, we'll see you tomorrow"

when I'm watching, let's say, the news and they go to a break and when it comes back on the newsreader says 'welcome back'. what do you mean welcome back? you are the one that went off, I was here all the time, I didn't go anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Temporal inconistencies in movies, i.e. that product was not made until later than the time its set in
    Also that it took me 10 mins to spell that word!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Temporal inconistencies in movies, i.e. that product was not made until later than the time its set in
    Also that it took me 10 mins to spell that word!

TA that you still got it wrong. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I don't know why, but for some reason I had thought you'd be able to use yer current NCT and they'd date it starting from the next day after current one ends, which means if ya do Test early for whatever reason, for convenience, or a personal preference just to get it done or make sure it's done, - if it passes early, you're not going to get a full year's value out of current disc 'cos they date new one at today's date. The feicers. And like, I was also actually given 30 days for re-test so it would be nice to get the full benefit of time and have 30 days extra till I have to bring it in again next year. Oh well will know for again. No rush to get it done early. Leave it till as late as possible and it'll marry the following year maybe giving a bit more time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

Disrespectful loud neighbours who open their windows and doors - you can't miss anything they say or play, whether you stay inside or go out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My best friend is having 3 different conversations with me at the same time. We're discussing one thing via whatsapp, something else on iMessage and now its picture time on snapchat. All three platforms are so different it may as well be with three different people. I reply in one place when a response from the other place pops up! Stop playing with me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I don't know why, but for some reason I had thought you'd be able to use yer current NCT and they'd date it starting from the next day after current one ends, which means if ya do Test early for whatever reason, for convenience, or a personal preference just to get it done or make sure it's done, - if it passes early, you're not going to get a full year's value out of current disc 'cos they date new one at today's date. The feicers. And like, I was also actually given 30 days for re-test so it would be nice to get the full benefit of time and have 30 days extra till I have to bring it in again next year. Oh well will know for again. No rush to get it done early. Leave it till as late as possible and it'll marry the following year maybe giving a bit more time.

Your NCT comes due on the anniversary of day the car was registered. So if the car was registered on 30th March, you can do the test anytime in the 90 days before this date and the cert will still be valid until 30th March of the following year/2 years depending in age if car so there is benefit in getting it out of the way early but within 90 days. E.g. you do your test on 15th Jan 2017, the cert expires 30th March 2018/9.

If you test more than 90 days before it's due you get the cert from date of test.

The only time it's beneficial to test prior to the 90 days, is if your car will turn 10yrs old at next due test date. In this instance you can get a few months extra on the cert if done correctly but you then change the date the test will next be due away from the car's birthday.

TA that last night's migraine has left behind a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that I'm working today and can't strike for Repeal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

2 ould bints shtandin yapping for Ireland in Car-park in front of Church. It's not a marked-out area or anything, it's just an open space like in front of a Football-Pitch. It's pitch-black out, and dark Jackets on the pair of them. Anyone could have pulled in off the main road there at speed, 'cos it's that kind of an area, and ran them over. I often turn the car around there 'cos there's a Petrol-Station next-door. Some people just asked to be mowed down. They could even have stood in the far side of the gate in front of the Church but they didn't. It's the poor hapless helpless unknowing driver then that would have to live with hitting them or running over them if something happened.

DON'T STAND OUTSIDE WEARING DARK JACKETS, TALKING IN A BIG OPEN SPACE IN THE DARK, WHERE CARS ARE LIABLE TO PULL IN PEOPLE! AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN.

Same at Supermarkets. I don't know how/why you'd never hear of accidents at Supermarkets. Cars backing out all sides, and there's people and wandering kids walking straight into car almost, or head shtuck in phone, or not watching where they are going.

Hah! actually in Shopping Centre earlier, I was just walking in, and girl with a fella were walking out. Girl was looking at the fella talking to him and wasn't watching where she was going. She banged straight into my arm. Am in a lot of pain at the moment too co-incidentally, so she picked the wrong person to bump into! I may have raised my voice at her and told her to watch what she was doing. Oopsies! well feic it she hurt me. :/

People in supermarket car parks think there's in invincibility field that means they can walk behind reversing cars and nothing will happen. This is a good reason to always reverse into a space, instead of driving forward into one, and having to reverse out.

T'A at people who drive into parking spaces
    TA people who think I reverse in because I want ''a quick getaway' like I'm a bankrobber or something

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, reversing in would be ideal, but not all carparks allow for handy boot access when reversed in. Like, spaces back onto each other, or there's a boundary wall.

I know Tesco in Letterkenny had the good idea of having a footpath go down between some rows of spaces, so that 2 rows of cars can have the boots facing the path for the trolley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I let someone borrow my car, and I had a few do dahs hanging on my rear view mirror; a parking permit, two air fresheners, and a small beaded necklace with flowers on it that I got as a gift from the girls when I first started driving.
    When I got back into my car after they'd borrowed it, I found the whole lot thrown on the floor, as if they'd got annoyed at them and ripped them down and threw them on the floor :(
    Permit is ripped, I'll be picking up beads from the necklace for a week and all the chords on the air freshener have snapped. It's as if they got annoyed at them being there and ripped them off because a single chord was still dangling from the mirror.

Contemplating sending them a very not so nice message once I've calmed down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

This is so utterly first world problem I'm half ashamed I'm ranting about it but it's been annoying me for ages now!

On Facebook on my phone, if you swipe to the right it brings you to some "welcome to the new camera!" thing.

But it's the dude that annoys me. The dude in the plaid shirt. With his stupid dance. God I'd pay money to hit him a slap with his stupid smug dancing face!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

anna080 wrote: »
    I let someone borrow my car, and I had a few do dahs hanging on my rear view mirror; a parking permit, two air fresheners, and a small beaded necklace with flowers on it that I got as a gift from the girls when I first started driving.
    When I got back into my car after they'd borrowed it, I found the whole lot thrown on the floor, as if they'd got annoyed at them and ripped them down and threw them on the floor :(.

That's out of order.

But there is nothing more annoying than trinkets, whether in a house or a car, little knick knacks everywhere.

In my experience its a typical lady thing to do, it just looks cluttered and dirty, I always have to fight the urge to get a box and sweep everything into it and put it in the bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

When I got back into my car after they'd borrowed it, I found the whole lot thrown on the floor, as if they'd got annoyed at them and ripped them down and threw them on the floor :(
    Permit is ripped, I'll be picking up beads from the necklace for a week and all the chords on the air freshener have snapped. It's as if they got annoyed at them being there and ripped them off because a single chord was still dangling from the mirror.

Contemplating sending them a very not so nice message once I've calmed down.
    That's well out of order. Whether they like them or not, it is not up to them to remove them as they are not theirs to do so. I'd slap the head off them for that. Did they even mention or apologise about them?

TA'd for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Advertisements that rely on amazing, established artists to sell their product.

"Do you love Kate Bush? Listen to this band" (who are nowhere near and never will be anywhere near Kate Bush.

"Neil Gaiman fan? Read this book, it's like reading one of his". No, it is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

mud wrote: »

Radio : "Do you love Kate Bush?"

Me: No, not really.

mud wrote: »
    Radio : "Listen to this band"

Me: But I already said no.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Pre-interview nerves

That's well out of order. Whether they like them or not, it is not up to them to remove them as they are not theirs to do so. I'd slap the head off them for that. Did they even mention or apologise about them?

TA'd for you!

Nope. It's not as if there was much hanging there, only three small things and my permit. I hate when people have too much crap hanging, those fluffy dice etc..
    Anyway I text them how annoyed I was and a photo of the mess and said is this the respect you have for my car? You won't be getting it again. They text back and said it was "illegal for me to have those things hanging there and they did me a favour".
    So if it's "illegal", tell me, and I'll remove them myself. Don't take it upon yourself to rip my things in my car and throw them on the floor.

Even more annoyed now, tbh.

Pre-interview nerves

Good luck

Nope. It's not as if there was much hanging there, only three small things and my permit. I hate when people have too much crap hanging, those fluffy dice etc..
    Anyway I text them how annoyed I was and a photo of the mess and said is this the respect you have for my car? You won't be getting it again. They text back and said it was "illegal for me to have those things hanging there and they did me a favour".
    So if it's "illegal", tell me, and I'll remove them myself. Don't take it upon yourself to rip my things in my car and throw them on the floor.

Even more annoyed now, tbh.

I suppose, technically, they may be right. Was it obstructing your view out the windscreen?

Either way, out of courtesy they shouldn't have ripped them off. If they really felt the need to take them down, do so properly and not with, what looks like, a fit of rage!

I always have an air freshener up in my car, I've never been stopped to tell me not to have one up there.

• Advertisement

I suppose, technically, they may be right. Was it obstructing your view out the windscreen?

Either way, out of courtesy they shouldn't have ripped them off. If they really felt the need to take them down, do so properly and not with, what looks like, a fit of rage!

I always have an air freshener up in my car, I've never been stopped to tell me not to have one up there.

Sure. I mean if someone lent me their car and there was something hanging in the way, I'd act like any other rational being and remove it before respectfully hanging it back up once I'm finished with the car. My things were in no way obstructive of any view, I've been stopped a few times (tax, check points etc) and no guard has ever mentioned that my permit and air freshener are illegal and obstructing the view.

It's the principal of it that annoys me, and the absolute pig ignorance of it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Pre-interview nerves

All done. TA'd that I wasn't given enough of chance to sell myself, it was all very straightforward. I was wildly overprepared which leads me to think that the advertisement and interview was just a formality and that they will give the post to the same girl who filled it the last time. Ah well!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

All done. TA'd that I wasn't given enough of chance to sell myself, it was all very straightforward. I was wildly overprepared which leads me to think that the advertisement and interview was just a formality and that they will give the post to the same girl who filled it the last time. Ah well!

There's nothing more annoying than knowing that your interview is just to cross the t's and dot the lower case j's so that someone can be promoted internally.

I had a White Chocolate Lion bar, I thought it would be awesome.
    It wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

everlast75 wrote: »
    There should be an option on the main page on your phone down the bottom to change it to the old version

Thanks, just tried it and it worked :). It was seriously TAing me, there was a freaky ram looking out of the screen at me, very offputting!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that my local Tesco has a crap selection of nice tops but the huge one in Naas has loads. I dont live near Naas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Smashed a bowl when emptying the dishwasher because someone overloaded it. That someone was me! :/ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

have lost my glasses and have to make do with a hickey looking pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Just realised I'm crap at counting and could taken my delicious drugs at 9pm instead of sitting in pain :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Those coloured background status updates that everybody seems to doing on Facebook

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I'm downloading songs but it comes up as "1 out of 63 (1%)" and so on. Bugs me so much

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement