Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

That annoying cúnt roaring in the dressing room in the AIB GAA Club Championship ad, total dick!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

anna080 wrote: »
    I let someone borrow my car, and I had a few do dahs hanging on my rear view mirror; a parking permit, two air fresheners, and a small beaded necklace with flowers on it that I got as a gift from the girls when I first started driving.
    When I got back into my car after they'd borrowed it, I found the whole lot thrown on the floor, as if they'd got annoyed at them and ripped them down and threw them on the floor :(
    Permit is ripped, I'll be picking up beads from the necklace for a week and all the chords on the air freshener have snapped. It's as if they got annoyed at them being there and ripped them off because a single chord was still dangling from the mirror.

Contemplating sending them a very not so nice message once I've calmed down.

Fcuk that tbh. I'd properly rage at that. I am a professional lawyer and genuinely think I'd get you off murder if you killed the borrower.*

*You'd still get done for manslaughter which is approx 4 years but in this case, possibly worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

There's a spider after taking up residence by my bed, he is resident behind the nightstand. I tried to move it but he scurried away so I am now stuck sleeping neck to neck with Mr Spider for the foreseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Getting crumbs all over the sheets. Gross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My blanket fell off the bed. And the word "Faculty'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,735 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The use by Americans of the word Realtor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

I let someone borrow my car, and I had a few do dahs hanging on my rear view mirror; a parking permit, two air fresheners, and a small beaded necklace with flowers on it that I got as a gift from the girls when I first started driving.
    When I got back into my car after they'd borrowed it, I found the whole lot thrown on the floor, as if they'd got annoyed at them and ripped them down and threw them on the floor :(
    Permit is ripped, I'll be picking up beads from the necklace for a week and all the chords on the air freshener have snapped. It's as if they got annoyed at them being there and ripped them off because a single chord was still dangling from the mirror.

Contemplating sending them a very not so nice message once I've calmed down.
    That's terrible!
    ...they gave you a perfect reason to never let them borrow the car again, regardless.... if they are willing to disrespect something as simple your do dahs, can you imagine how they would disrespect an entire car or the rules of the road, if they got annoyed? No thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

kfallon wrote: »
    That annoying cúnt roaring in the dressing room in the AIB GAA Club Championship ad, total dick!

That genuinely, GENUINELY, p*sses me right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

when I'm watching, let's say, the news and they go to a break and when it comes back on the newsreader says 'welcome back'. what do you mean welcome back? you are the one that went off, I was here all the time, I didn't go anywhere!

Similar to when your in a shop waiting to pay for something, card/money in hand waiting for the cashier to scan through your things.

They announce the total with the phrasing "thats €5.23 there when your ready". What do you mean when Im ready. Im clearly ready and waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Packed bus this morning and not one window was open! This morning wasn't cold either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by sand in your bed. love going to the beach

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    There's nothing more annoying than knowing that your interview is just to cross the t's and dot the lower case j's so that someone can be promoted internally.

Didn't get the job :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Didn't get the job :(

Ah boll*x to that anyway.
    I'm annoyed for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Nope. It's not as if there was much hanging there, only three small things and my permit. I hate when people have too much crap hanging, those fluffy dice etc..
    Anyway I text them how annoyed I was and a photo of the mess and said is this the respect you have for my car? You won't be getting it again. They text back and said it was "illegal for me to have those things hanging there and they did me a favour".
    So if it's "illegal", tell me, and I'll remove them myself. Don't take it upon yourself to rip my things in my car and throw them on the floor.

Even more annoyed now, tbh.

I assume this was a family member coz if it wasn't' I'd probably never speak to that person again. They did you a favour? F*ck right off. So rude!!!

TA'd about everything to do with traffic. Slow bus drivers, people not merging properly, turning right in the no-right-turn lane, changing lanes without indicating, ignoring red lights, walking out in front of the car, oh I could keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I know it was warm and sunny earlier and its probably just me but Im sitting in the back garden and I'm freezing.
    There's a bit of a chill in the air.

TA'd by people on "diets" who shun a slice of birthday cake for fear they'll gain weight.
    It doesn't work like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd by people on "diets" who shun a slice of birthday cake for fear they'll gain weight.

I have a few colleagues like that. They eat porridge for breakfast, salad for lunch and they always turn down birthday cake. And they appear to put on more weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,735 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

fussyonion wrote: »
    I know it was warm and sunny earlier and its probably just me but Im sitting in the back garden and I'm freezing.
    There's a bit of a chill in the air.

TBF it is about getting into a mindset. A piece of cake there might lead to a few biscuits there and then the next thing ya know.... Not everyone is like that but some are :)

TA I got some sauce on my tie at lunchtime - bringing it to a dry cleaner is an admission I should be wearing a bib!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Dublin - the traffic, commuting, difficulty in getting anywhere. Just having to go there for courses of any consequence. The cost of accommodation is prohibitive even for the couple of days.

The course is really good and I'm enjoying it (I think) but unfortunately my attitude after 3 hours sleep, a 5am alarm clock and an hour walk each way to and from the station, is less than stellar. I am questioning my sanity in signing up there's a lot of work ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Trying to light a fire without a firelighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Trying to light a fire without a firefighter

Use petrol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Why would you need a firefighter to start a fire. Aren't they meant to put them out :D

TA the bullsh*t some people spew on this site. And more TA for the poor bastards who believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Slightly more than TA'd with my job at the moment.

I feel trapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

If you have vaseline and cotton pads/balls. Slather them with the vaseline and you've homemade firelighters. There'll be no firefighter to help you light it though! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

When you get a free tea in McDonalds (from the 6 stickers) but they refuse you a receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA at the people who have to complain about the same thing that's bothering everyone around them. Everyone else shuts up and gets on with it. Same person complaining about trivial things like having to eat sandwiches (that his missus makes for him, and they look fine) for work lunch every day and how sick he is of bread, saying this to a colleague in a wheelchair, whose wife left him and whose mother recently died in sad circumstances. The look of ''well you ungrateful bastard'' on his face was interesting.
    Maybe I should delete this, and tell sandwich man about this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

My wireless headphones that I loved so much have broke and I have a 500 kilometre round trip to do on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My TAs are all laundry related:

1. The birds that I lovingly chopped up fat and broke up bread for crapped on my washing.
    2. The teenagers sheets are stained with make up and nail varnish.
    3. I went to take the towels out of the tumble dryer this evening to discover I hadn't turned it on. No dry towels and no way am I listening to the dryer for the next couple of hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Irish people who go to North France for their holidays when they've the same climate as us.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Irish people who go to North France for their holidays when they've the same climate as us.

Brittany's climate generally isn't the same as ours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

(Put a little bit of fairy liquid on the makeup sheets to lift it out)
    My TA is selfish bullies. Not so trivial actually, but those people who can make you feel worthless and awful with one word

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement