Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

There's an add for something to do with an overactive bladder and it starts out with "frequent urge to urinate?" and everyone I hear it it makes me want to use the bathroom ever if I've just been.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

a child kicked me in the shops today. twice in the leg. totally unprovoked, she just went over to me while her mother was at the counter and decided to boot me . then went back to mammy with her ice cream like nothing happened. i couldnt quite believe what happened and said nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

^ a child kicked me repeatedly on the train one evening. The momzilla noticed her child was locking me and was quietly trying to signal at him to stop, which he ignored. He kept it up most of the train journey, for the most part uncorrected. I rang my friend to have a loud conversation for the benefit of the mother next to me. "I'm just here on the way home, on the train, probably black and blue, the child in front of me has the legs kicked off me, I know yeah, no rearing, his mothers sitting beside me and said nothing" I can't remember if she moved him from that seat or if she kept pretending it wasn't happening.

No matter what I eat I get heartburn.
    Also a whole day ahead of myself all week

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

kfallon wrote: »
    That annoying cúnt roaring in the dressing room in the AIB GAA Club Championship ad, total dick!

God yes. I'm one of those people who calls it bogball, so this ad annoys me even more.

TA at interview rejection letters. We wish you every success in your future. Don't come near us again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Robsweezie wrote: »
    a child kicked me in the shops today. twice in the leg. totally unprovoked, she just went over to me while her mother was at the counter and decided to boot me . then went back to mammy with her ice cream like nothing happened. i couldnt quite believe what happened and said nothing.

I was also kicked by a child today when I was in the hospital. Bloody nuisance headbutted my knee too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

My wages haven't gone in to my bank account :(

This means that I'll get a text at around 9am to say that wages will be in cash this week. There will be no apology or acknowledgement that this carry on is in any way unacceptable.

So tense right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The one night I could sleep through without needing to get up and I f**king wake with insomnia at 4:15.

Motherf**kers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You want to dodge rail fare, hey none of my business.

But I hate feckers who tailgate me out of a station. A morning train into Docklands or Connolly has hundreds of people and it happens. I felt a shove in the back one morning and a well dressed guy right behind me, no leap or ticket in his hand. Clearly he tailgated me through the barrier. I see other people move their hands to the scanner but they have nothing in their hands, they run after the person in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by Free Range Children. In the supermarket car park yesterday and could hear a little boy kicking something. eventually it stopped . his older sister (9/10) had stopped him his mother was smoking a fag with standing behind a buggy with a toddler in it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The fact that when I log into Boards, theres a screen full of sheep on view.

Gives my work colleagues a chance to shout "sheep shagger" at me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I get kicked by kids every day, and head locks, and knee drops and arm bars.
    My little one jumps on by back like a spider monkey and roars

"CHOP TO THE WINDPIPE!!!!!!!" and chops my neck, then gets me in a headlock.

They also try to give me home vasectomies by jumping on my baby maker.

I also don't want to be in work today, tis too nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

People with no volume control. Having a quiet coffee before I do the grocery shopping. A lady in the cafe was on the phone when I arrived and she was having a loud aggressive conversation that lasted 15mins.
    Phone call finished and she has continued to speak at the same volume to her friend.
    A man beside me said he could hear her outside. How can she not know how loud she is? Quite aggressive also even in conversation with her friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Seatwave

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Children kicking people is very TA. Being kicked in the back through the drivers seat when giving my free range parenting friend a four hour lift is very TA. To distract little munchkin mummy put the worlds most annoying song on her iphone. So the kicks slowed a bit but the loud singing made up for it. I don't hate children but I don't like brats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Generally other peoples kids are a TA. Worse is the parents who spend ages telling you about little Mary's latest exploits.
    Can't you see that my eyes glazed over?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I was at a recruitment and selection training course a few days ago about being on recruitment panels.
    Some background: panels have to be "balanced" meaning have both one woman and one man and one person from both sides of the community (Catholic/Protestant) on it.
    The trainer spent the entire 3 hours pointedly refusing to say the words Catholic or Protestant during the training. She would call them 'green and orange' or 'one from either side' or things like that. It was so awkward coz she always paused before she said it like she was thinking of a different way to describe them. It drove me mental. And it's a common thing up here. Like they're dirty words or something. Sometimes the sectarian ****storm up here really wears me out. I've been here long enough now that even I'm starting to do it. Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Winterlong wrote: »
    Generally other peoples kids are a TA. Worse is the parents who spend ages telling you about little Mary's latest exploits.

When people say little Johnny or little Mary. Haven't heard a child called either of those names in about 15 years or 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Ads on tv using famous songs and changing the lyrics to describe/advertise whatever the product is.

There's a particularly awful one at the moment using 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

osarusan wrote: »
    Ads on tv using famous songs and changing the lyrics to describe/advertise whatever the product is.

There's a particularly awful one at the moment using 'Total Eclipse of the Heart'.

Those Halifax ads used to be the worst for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

osarusan wrote: »

FLASH . . ah ha .ha .cleans up the impossible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Omackeral wrote: »
    . Haven't heard a child called either of those names in about 15 years or 20 years.

Which is almost a TA in itself

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The way you have to line-up in the EU Queue when you arrive at Dublin Airport. There should be an Irish Queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Every time I touch the handle to open the door in work - static!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

GBX wrote: »
    Every time I touch the handle to open the door in work - static!

We have a little touchpad thing to exit a door here, it gets me every time.

There is also a swipe card things as well that I could use, but that involves more effort.

Jo'Burg airport is also crazy for static!

Sweet Jebus TA that today is dragging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Jrop wrote: »
    Sweet Jebus TA that today is dragging.

Counting sheep time. :mad:

TA that this time last week I was sitting outside a cafe drinking wine and eating food in the Sun :(

I'm so unproductive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I was at a recruitment and selection training course a few days ago about being on recruitment panels.
    Some background: panels have to be "balanced" meaning have both one woman and one man and one person from both sides of the community (Catholic/Protestant) on it.
    The trainer spent the entire 3 hours pointedly refusing to say the words Catholic or Protestant during the training. She would call them 'green and orange' or 'one from either side' or things like that. It was so awkward coz she always paused before she said it like she was thinking of a different way to describe them. It drove me mental. And it's a common thing up here. Like they're dirty words or something. Sometimes the sectarian ****storm up here really wears me out. I've been here long enough now that even I'm starting to do it. Ugh!

Amen to all that ........wait...am I allowed to say Amen? Will any side be offended?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Jrop wrote: »
    TA that this time last week I was sitting outside a cafe drinking wine and eating food in the Sun :(

"It never rains in Tallafornia..."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement