Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Shannon757 wrote: »
    My wireless headphones that I loved so much have broke and I have a 500 kilometre round trip to do on Saturday

The trip is cancelled :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

TA that I cleaned the windows two weeks ago and with all the rain and strong winds we've had they look just as manky as before. Can't be arsed to do it all over again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Posters whose responses read like they're auditioning to be a mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Ticket touts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

anna080 wrote: »
    Posters whose responses read like they're auditioning to be a mod

Posting like they're just finished reading Ulysses is another!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People taking telephone calls in the cinema!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Two oul bags standing in a narrow aisle in the shop having a chat.
    They could see they were blocking everyone but still didn't move.

Under my breath I muttered "Having a union meeting?" and one of the oul bags shot me a look.

Stop looking and fking move! I don't care if you're old. Go and sit in a cafè if you want a natter, not blocking everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

People putting their feet on seats on the bus.

I mean, could you at least take off your shoes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Brittany's climate generally isn't the same as ours.

It generally is the same, cool temp oceanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When one setting on my wipers is too slow, but the next one up is too fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People writing "lol" at the end of bitchy messages.
    Saying lol doesn't dismiss you from being a bitch.

73Cat wrote: »
    When one setting on my wipers is too slow, but the next one up is too fast.

My banger has a variable thingy magic yoke for varying the speed of the wipers.
    It should be the best thing ever invented but the banger also has a rain detector windscreen which turns on the wipers for you, all automatic like. That is the best thing ever invented.

TA that they dont make bangers like they used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Creol1 wrote: »
    People putting their feet on seats on the bus.

I mean, could you at least take off your shoes?

Jaysus don't think I'd like to be subjected to the pong of someone's socks/manky feet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've ordered a few small items from Internet suppliers over the last few months, and in over half of them, I find a little bag of Haribo sweets. How can one get annoyed at "free" sweets, you may ask? Well, when stuff like this happens, I'm left with this odd feeling like I've missed a meeting, that I wasn't in the room when "they" decided that it was a good idea to include a little bag of Haribo sweets in an package containing a 3TB hard drive, for example. Is this some kind of subtle psychological manipulation that's influencing me to buy more stuff?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Personal space invaders annoy me to no end. I got stuck beside an annoying gobsh1te lady the second I stepped onto the escalator in the shopping centre yesterday. I had a trolley, so I couldn't move forward as the wheels were locked in place. This woman cut in front of my OH as we were stepping onto the escalator and stood right beside me. There was plenty of space for her to move past me already but I actually lifted the trolley up a bit to move it over even more, to give her even more space but she didn't budge. Never has an escalator moved so slowly. Apparently she was staring at me the entire time as well. Creepy, annoying lady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

The shyte ads on Facebook. No I don't want to buy a tee-shirt with my interests splashed across it, or some click bait site telling me how to get rich quick... is FB on its way out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Somebody banged their trolley into my ar$e this evening for feic sake. :o:D:mad: WILL YE FEICING LOOK WHERE YE'RE GOING OR SHOP ONLINE.

Also don't ya hate when a Customer in Lidl is slow packing their Bags at the Till, and it's their fault ya don't win the race against the Lidl Elites. :pac: Someone ahead of me was there packing after the Transaction was done, I wasn't going to cross-over to the top of the till bit while person was still standing there, so I was still standing at the top of the queue the far side, and Mrs. CheckoutLady Usain Bolt herself had my few bits checked out and said €6.46 please while I was still standing the queue side!! Lidl being proactive showing that speeding up works does work sometimes, I myself like to get in and out fast and other times I like to have a leisurely meander around, but Jesus, if a Till Operator is scanning stuff when the Customer is still standing in the queue as opposed to being at the top/end bit of the Checkout being given their un-divided attention by that member of Checkout Staff, that's just, I dunno kind-of dis-respectful really! Till Operators are supposed to be practising Customer Service Skills as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Somebody banged their trolley into my ar$e this evening for feic sake. :o:D:mad: WILL YE FEICING LOOK WHERE YE'RE GOING OR SHOP ONLINE.

Also don't ya hate when a Customer in Lidl is slow packing their Bags at the Till, and it's their fault ya don't win the race against the Lidl Elites. :pac: Someone ahead of me was there packing after the Transaction was done, I wasn't going to cross-over to the top of the till bit while person was still standing there, so I was still standing at the top of the queue the far side, and Mrs. CheckoutLady Usain Bolt herself had my few bits checked out and said €6.46 please while I was still standing the queue side!! Lidl being proactive showing that speeding up works does work sometimes, I myself like to get in and out fast and other times I like to have a leisurely meander around, but Jesus, if a Till Operator is scanning stuff when the Customer is still standing in the queue as opposed to being at the top/end bit of the Checkout being given their un-divided attention by that member of Checkout Staff, that's just, I dunno kind-of dis-respectful really! Till Operators are supposed to be practising Customer Service Skills as well.

That trolley bashing is a major TAnnoyance for me. I have a form of brittle bones disease (despite not being elderly) so that could mess me up. Some people shouldn't be in charge of a trolley, they're like a weapon.Trolleys with a life of their own are also TA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

When you are about to undergo a medical procedure and someone regales you about theirs and how it went horribly wrong.....just fūck off.....that didnt help at all!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

One of my toenails broke and it's catching on my other foot and duvet
    I'm beyond disgusted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I really really need to get colour put in my hair, it's nearly white at this stage, but have zero monies. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

The next person to share that reporter on BBC being interrupted by his crotch goblins gets blocked from my FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I really really need to get colour put in my hair, it's nearly white at this stage, but have zero monies. :(

You can buy dye for about a fiver.

Bothered this morning cos I got up early but seem to be getting nothing done. Plus I think one of the spiders shat on my nice white wall. Bloody space invaders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

You need to hunt down a best friend that's a decent hairdresser. That way you get your hair done every time you're going out, even on Sundays. :)

TA - I've the worst headache of my life from sheer exhaustion

Could ya do your own?.

Annoyed that the weather is crap when off work after being so nice when I was in work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I sometimes TA myself with my first world problems. When I have to turn up the TV because I'm eating something crunchy and can't hear it. My kettle is really loud. A few things aren"t properly clean coming out of the dishwasher. Legitimate TAs I suppose, but I get a little stab of guilt at my intolerance at times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

everlast75 wrote: »
    Could ya do your own?.

Annoyed that the weather is crap when off work after being so nice when I was in work

It's gorgeous here..ðŸ˜

TA that I should really get off the couch and clean the house or something but I just can't motivate at all...

Colser wrote: »
    It's gorgeous here..ðŸ˜

TA that I should really get off the couch and clean the house or something but I just can't motivate at all...

Stay on the couch. Cleaning is over rated...

TA I ordered something small in the local cafe and it's taking an age before it comes out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

everlast75 wrote: »
    Stay on the couch. Cleaning is over rated...

TA I ordered something small in the local cafe and it's taking an age before it comes out:(

Good things come to those who wait..

Now I want someone to bring me food too...coffee,scone,jam and cream 😭

• Advertisement

Another Cheltnham festival has arrived and yet again I have not had my sh1t together enough to book flights and accommodation etc.
    Watching it from the couch again this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement