Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,736 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Colser wrote: »
    Good things come to those who wait..

Now I want someone to bring me food too...coffee,scone,jam and cream 😭

I'll order it... could be a while though apparently..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Winterlong wrote: »
    Another Cheltnham festival has arrived and yet again I have not had my sh1t together enough to book flights and accommodation etc.
    Watching it from the couch again this year.

Cheltenham getting wall to wall coverage is a TA. Front and back page. It's awful sh*te, it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

People who enter through the exit door of the local tesco, bump into me, then glare, with a look of utter contempt, one that reads "people should look where they're going. F'ing youths today" as if it's my fault you can't read signs properly. It's not like it's a shortcut either, you still have to walk up past the tills to get into the main area, which puts you right beside the entrance. The very large entrance with all the things an entrance to a shop has, like baskets and newspapers and a sign that says "ENTRANCE". How many times can you ignore all this, the exit signs and people constantly hitting off you, before you think that possibly, just maybe, you're in the wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

When you wake up absolutely STARVING, and there's nothing in the house, so you have to go out to eat and because you're so hungry you eat WAY too much and now you feel sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I really really need to get colour put in my hair, it's nearly white at this stage, but have zero monies. :(

I wish I had hair:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

When the bloke standing beside you on the Parkrun startline smells like he hasn't had a wash since Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

When someone tells you that they will definitely be leaving somewhere for a two hour car journey home at 4pm. Then they ring 30min before they are due home to say they are just leaving.
    #kids driving me bonkers since 6am.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

No
    Wonder
    People
    Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Absolute dirtbirds in the gym who have clearly worn the same clothes they wore yesterday or they're re-using their sweat towel.

That dirty pi**y stench is absolutely diabolical and I feel like saying "Have you smelled yourself?"

And before anyone says "Ah but they can't smell it themselves", surely if you're wearing the same sweaty gym clothes you had on the day before, you'd KNOW they'll start to stink?

People who talk too much.
    I love a chat, course I do, but some people really don't know when to come up for air and let someone else speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The twee, parochial cringe-fest that is The Late Late Show and Ray D'Arcy Show.
    If they're not milking goats they're trying to find Ireland's Traddest Family.
    Honestly, a load of boggers on stage playing the fiddle...and people wonder why the rest of the world stereotypes us?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The make over on the Darcy show. No talk about yourone looking like balls of sh1t and they cut his hair nearly bald.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

You can buy dye for about a fiver
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Could ya do your own?.

I don't usually reply to Threads that have a format, like to keep them to their use/purpose. But, those are other elements of the annoyance of it! I could do it myself at home, but constant continuous tired-ness and soreness and pain and a dash of laziness favours getting it done professionally than me doing it. Also I always make a dogs-dinner of it when doing it myself, I never manage to get it coloured/covered evenly and it looks manky. Worse than how it started out!

I usually do end up doing it myself though. It's a vicious cycle of a circle putting in Colour myself because it's cheaper to buy than visit Hair Stylist, but also years and years of frequent Boxes of Hair Colour has ruined my hair. The preference would be to consistently have it done by Hair-Stylist but don't always have the moolah!
    You need to hunt down a best friend that's a decent hairdresser. That way you get your hair done every time you're going out, even on Sundays. :)
    I don't have any friends. Now I'm trivially annoyed that I don't have any friends! :(

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I wish I had hair:)
    Now I feel bad for havng an annoyance! But I suppose you're right! People lose their hair through Cancer and other illnesses or just wish they had more hair or hair that grows rapidly or whatever. I've a fine crop of hair and it grows like Joseph Billio so I suppose I shouldn't be giving out!

Today I'm trivially annoyed that I didn't add or remember to note down a suggested post on Facebook over the last few weeks and I knew I'd be using it but assumed in-correctly that I would remember it because now, I don't remember it but want to go into the post. :rolleyes::mad: :( It was a Competition too and there was a nice decent prize out of it. :( Feic it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm TA'd when you take off a pair of new/newish black socks and your feet look like they haven't been washed for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

TA'd at the plot device used in films and tv, that when someone in a bar has been drinking A LOT, that there has to be a table full of empty bottles/glasses in front of them, to show just how much they drank. That would never happen IRL. Some teenage lounge boy or girl would have cleared them away pronto, for fear of being given out to for not doing their job properly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

People who constantly refer to their wife/girlfriend/partner as "herself" - is it a rural thing or what? It just doesn't sound right at all to me (ie. 'Herself is heading into town tonight', 'I've to collect herself from work', 'I watched it with herself last night')

There's very few things that really annoy me but that's one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    People who constantly refer to their wife/girlfriend/partner as "herself" - is it a rural thing or what? It just doesn't sound right at all to me (ie. 'Herself is heading into town tonight', 'I've to collect herself from work', 'I watched it with herself last night')

There's very few things that really annoy me but that's one of them.

'Other half' or 'better half' is even worse. Recently I heard someone say 'her indoors'. I vomited a bit in my mouth when I heard that, as I only ever heard cockneys say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My old woman or my old man. I used to think that meant the person's mother or father.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm dying with a hangover, it's the worst. It's that horrible pain in the head dizzy and nauseous tummy hangover but I always get on a mad cleaning buzz while I'm hungover (wtf is that about) so I'm doing laundry and my FAVOURITE BLAZER IN THE WHOLE WORLD got caught in the metal part and got destroyed and if that wasn't annoying enough in top of my hangover, now the washing machine won't work and I've two 95 degree washes I need to do. Stressed out isn't even describing it. I feel like setting my house on fire with me in it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I'm dying with a hangover, it's the worst. It's that horrible pain in the head dizzy and nauseous tummy hangover but I always get on a mad cleaning buzz while I'm hungover (wtf is that about) so I'm doing laundry and my FAVOURITE BLAZER IN THE WHOLE WORLD got caught in the metal part and got destroyed and if that wasn't annoying enough in top of my hangover, now the washing machine won't work and I've two 95 degree washes I need to do. Stressed out isn't even describing it. I feel like setting my house on fire with me in it

I can totally relate to the hangover and it's totally out of proportion to the amount that I drank...TA that I'm glued to the couch and no chance of a cleaning frenzy in sight..feeling very sorry for myself.😭

Badly sprained ankle and having to hobble on crutches, and worst of all - being able to open the refrigerator door with one hand while balancing on one crutch, being able to make tea the same way, but not being able to carry tea from kitchen to armchair, because I don't have three hands/arms/spare leg.

TA'd at standing on one leg leaning on the counter to drink tea. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

WHY DO GUYS ON TINDER UN-MATCH WHEN YA MESSAGE THEM?!? :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Sunday drivers. 60kph on the motorway. Sure why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

WHY DO GUYS ON TINDER UN-MATCH WHEN YA MESSAGE THEM?!? :mad::mad::mad:

Well I'm not on tinder ..yet..and hadn't actually seen it until last weekend when myself and my friends got chatting with a group of fellas in the pub.They were slagging one guy because of his photos on tinder so I had a look at them and he was showing me how it works.He showed me a conversation he had with a girl that day..all very normal imo and she seemed lovely but he wouldn't ask to meet her..it just seemed like he couldn't take the next step...it seemed like shyness to me because he couldn't give me any other reason...it's must be very TAing alright to be on the other side of that carry on alright.Don't know if I'd be able for it tbh...bring back the slow set in the nightclub,it always worked.ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I kept getting static shocks earlier today. On one of them, you could even hear a spark noise :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Having to borrow my daughter's car, and those first few minutes driving when it is very different to my own and I have to get the feel for it again. I took off like a rocket from outside the house 😖😖

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

VERY TA'd that two weekends in a row i spent ages in shopping centre car parks looking for a space and on both occasions there were inconsiderate fools occupying two spaces for no good reason. It's Saturday afternoon, there are loads of people trying to park, how much of a selfish pr*ck do you have to be to straddle two spaces and not take a second to park properly?! Left a note on one of the cars to tell them what I thought of them too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The lovely Mrs W went to the loo and the lock broke. She was stuck inside. Best part of two hours to get her out without damaging the door or spending a fortune on a locksmith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

casual xenophobia - fcuk right off!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

snowflaker wrote: »
    casual xenophobia - fcuk right off!

How about ignorant xenophobia? I knew a fella that would call an Albanian chap a "Paki". The mind boggles as to how these human skidmarks get through a day.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

In my 32 years and 6 months on this earth I've abused my poor feet and yet never had an ingrown toenail, until now.

Big toe, left foot. Throbbing like a motherfcuker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement