Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Put two fillets of salmon in the oven for tomorrow and Tuesday's lunches.

Took baking tray out of oven with tea towel. Burnt finger. Spectacularly flung the baking tray across the kitchen to the sink.

The dog is now enjoying some delicious salmon -.-

One of them did manage to stay on the tray so at least I've tomorrow's lunch still sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I've been away on a course for the last few days and the 'laundry fairy' forgot to call..... I'm seriously unimpressed.

Load #2 is in and two more to go....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I need my vitamin B12 injections but I haven't got them yet. So tired all the time it's not funny. I could literally sleep for days now if I went into bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Snapchat keeps crashing. Sometimes working on the beta version isn't worth it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Snapchat keeps crashing. Sometimes working on the beta version isn't worth it .

Mine does too. Annoyed at myself for not knowing what the second part means.

Text speak.
    Sending a message on viber or WhatsApp, seeing that it has been read, and......no reply for hours.
    Text someone, and they ring back.
    Unannounced callers to the door. Who the fùck 'just drops in' any more? Give me a bit of notice please.

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Mine does too. Annoyed at myself for not knowing what the second part means.

I'm using the beta version of Snapchat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Wish I had some Nieces and/or Nephews. :(

I'm too used to texting using Snapchat and pressing enter to send that I keep trying to do it on Boards. So a little of the time I type a long post and press enter, don't post it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

It's Monday. Again.

Had all my camera equipment set up to capture a flight on approach to Shannon. It was half an hour early so I missed it

• Advertisement

New shirt feels weird

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I've been in many houseshare over the years

But my current housemate is different to any I met before.

Spit, spit, spit. I hear him in his bathroom loudly hocking and spitting several times in a row. Hey his bathroom and I'm ensuite so I let it go. God he's loud, I flinched one morning.

But my TA is he does it in the kitchen sink too!! He is very loud and I can hear the tap running. Never does it when I'm downstairs, only when I'm in my room but I can hear it

Filthy habit, we all share that kitchen. It'll be said to him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've lost the head off my beard trimmer, nothing unusual there, annoying yes, but it's my 3rd trimmer in a year after I lost the second and the first broke.

Bought a new one in Argos yesterday, first of all the price was doubled as it was a misprint in the book.
    Brought it home to charge it up, bloody European plug. Have to go back and return it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,662 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

People complaining incessantly about radio or television programmes. How bad they are and how much they hate them.
    But yet they always seem up to date with the content.

Why do they watch/listen to something they think is so terrible? And they often include in their post something like "Only idiots tune in to this anymore"

You're right. There is at least one idiot tuned in. The one who hates it but never misses it. :mad:

When there's a 3for2 offer in the supermarket and there's only two left and there is no remaining stock. I can just imagine the smug little fúcker whose day was made when he took his three and left two behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

TA'd at friends who make no effort to text you to see how you are and you feel like a desperado sending them texts. Not gonna bother as much anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You do an interview and the company can't be bothered to send you a PFO. No call, no letter, no email nothing

My last interview was 90 minutes so couldn't squeeze into a lunchbreak. I used a half day from my annual leave and spend a lot of l time preparing.

Not even a PFO weeks later

Unprofessional wasters, I don't want to work for you if that's how you treat people. I'm never getting my annual leave back, I wasted it on you.

AH solution - burn their business to the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by this stupid cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Jrop wrote: »
    TA by this stupid cold.

I hear you. Entering week 3.
    I would swear someone has a Voodoo doll of me and a big grudge.
    Anyone want to confess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

TA'd at myself for accidentally liking a comment on someone's page on Facebook that was from 2015. Feel like the biggest creep! I quickly unliked the comment but I'd say they'll still get the notification.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA I'm freezing one minute sweating like a pig the next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Getting cancelled on last minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I scratched an itch on my shoulder and managed to break my chain. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

73Cat wrote: »

Well at least now you can escape.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If I don't get a bowl of rice crispies soon I'll go mad! My phone ringing, very trivially annoying.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

73Cat wrote: »

TA that I read that as chin and I couldn't figure out how anyone could manage to break a bone by scratching a shoulder... I was thinking you might have had some very serious illness, or some sort of super strength... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA by a misery guts getting TA at EVERYTHING and whinging non stop. Very hypocritical, I know, but jees some people are negative. I've never heard this person even ask how other people are 'cause he's too busy whinging about how crap everything is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

TA by a misery guts getting TA at EVERYTHING and whinging non stop. Very hypocritical, I know, but jees some people are negative. I've never heard this person even ask how other people are 'cause he's too busy whinging about how crap everything is.

When trivial annoyers become trivially annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Winterlong wrote: »
    When trivial annoyers become trivially annoying!

Triv-ception!

TA'd at hipster beards, those big oversized beanies and skinny jeans.

Yoof of today, I dunno....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

TA people who don't think things apply to them. Yes that "No Dogs allowed" sign does include your dog, yes really. Having a dog does not mean you can park in parent and child spaces! yes really! :mad:

If you have a child then yes that silly old law saying they should be in a car seat does apply to you. Little Timmy will ricochet around the car if you are involved in an accident if he is not thrown though the windscreen or smashed into you at speed. yes really! :mad:

Same with your dog if you love him strap him into the car - yes really!! :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement