Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sky Ireland;
    Speaking clearly, what would you like help with today?
    Cough cough.
    So you want an engineer's visit?
    No.
    Let's try again, what would you like help with?
    Bill.
    So you are moving home?
    No.
    Let's try this again, please press the number allocated to your query...

10 minute wait ensues.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA now trying to work out what the difference between a public and bank holiday is apart from the banks being closed. Employer said we can have choose to have either public or bank holidays off work, but I can't work out whether Friday is a day off.
    I don't want to ask my employer :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

TA now trying to work out what the difference between a public and bank holiday is apart from the banks being closed. Employer said we can have choose to have either public or bank holidays off work, but I can't work out whether Friday is a day off.
    I don't want to ask my employer :mad:

Might help:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Your Face wrote: »

Thank you. See, St.Patrick's day is listed but its this part that was confusing me when I checked that site earlier:
    On a public holiday, *sometimes called a bank holiday*, most businesses and schools close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The school uniform coming home filthy on a Monday :(

• Advertisement

Thank you. See, St.Patrick's day is listed but its this part that was confusing me when I checked that site earlier:
    On a public holiday, *sometimes called a bank holiday*, most businesses and schools close.

Afaik they are all public holidays but they are days off for different reasons. Eg Bank holiday, Saints days, traditional religious days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

That no matter how busy i'm keeping myself, my head is buzzing with worried thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Bloodg housemates have me wolen. Too tired to open both eyes yet cant fall back asleep.

TA when people say they built their house. Grand you paid for it, but you didn't play any part in piecing it together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

A completly empty carraige on the train and someone gets on and sits opposite me

Why like??

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Freudiangirl32

People practically sitting on top
    of you in a waiting room

People who.leave their crap like shoes, coats all.over place instead of in the appropriate place.

If you ask someone to check.clothes in dryer and they do, but don't bother unloading them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Didn't sleep at all last night, was wrecked yesterday and now can't sleep with pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I run the lotto syndicate in work.

- People paying me late
    - People saying they'll get me next week but never do. Usually managers earning more than me
    - People asking how much a winning share is. So so lazy. Ok 80 million, 20 members, do it in your head
    - People using me to dump their coppers. One girl arrives each week with a load of coppers and small coins to pay me.
    - If a huge win is announced in Ireland people whatsapping me while drunk, I'll get back to youon Monday, leave me in peace
    - Lastly people moaning at me on Monday when I declare we did not win

I quit in a rage before Christmas and was begged to keep doing it. I'll be rage quitting again soon I think

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When people put up a photo of a pint or bottle and say "be rude not to." How? Who would it be rude to?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

anna080 wrote: »
    I let someone borrow my car, and I had a few do dahs hanging on my rear view mirror;.

I feel your pain

I get really annoyed when my son changes the radio station in my car. I don't care what he listens too...of course he can change the station BUT change it back when you are done.

I also hate the way garages leave the car in gear.

And my husband moves all the mirrors and puts my backrest on the floor in the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Feeling ungrateful about this one but TAd at darling husband who has been jet setting last week. I didn't mind him going, all I asked for was a present and he called and said he got me one.
    He actually got me 4.

An ashtray made from a coke can...I don't smoke
    I love chocolate so he got me...almond nougat, I HATE almonds
    So I asked did he get me chocolate...and he gave me the one that was left on his pillow in the hotel.
    But his big present was a bag, nope not a designer bag or a leather bag or a cool backpack or even a little clutch but a plastic woven shopping bag in vomit inducing shades of peach. I will be more likely to use the plastic bag it came in.

Yes, I sound like an ungrateful cow but you should see some of the stuff he bought himself.

He better have brought me the toiletries from the hotel.

Ungrateful people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

People who are baying for an argument. Gway from me until I am ready for a good Barney.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Hurt my back doing exercises for my ****ty knee last night. Neurofen not working. Like a demon today.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

website Im trying to access dot com...........pc does nothing, then after 20 seconds pop up box appears

website dot com cannot be accessed due to a long running script..........with a button "stop script?"

Firstly the delay, secondly the fecking question, what???? do you think I have changed my mind about accessing the website I deliberately sought out so that you could carry on running a script that only you know why you are running, of course I want to stop the script :mad:

fecking piece of scrap

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

73Cat wrote: »
    The school uniform coming home filthy on a Monday :(

Even worse is the uniform coming home clean and then being destroyed with muck while playing football in the back garden.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Trivially annoyed by male co-worker who opens all of the windows as WIDE AS POSSIBLE every single day and in an office full of men and me, I seem to be the only one perpetually freezing my ass off.

Also TA'd by my boss taking donkey's years to approve my expenses, thus not being able to reimburse my current account and feeling decidedly poor.

Went to buy petrol, filled the tank with a ten then by mistake told the till worker I used twenty. I had to go back in and she got fierce narky with me before handing over the money.
    Drove home only to find that yet again, the girl upstairs who does tutoring lets the parents park in my spot time after time. I asked the lady to move and she spoke to me like I was a piece of dirt and then moved her car. Whilst trying to reverse into a tiny space a car comes along and and drives right into me. Where the fck did they think I was going to find space then they refused to back off leaving me with no room. I already complained about these people taking my parking and I'm not joking this is a residential building not a private school for her and her clients to be taking over all day every day. I'm furious. It's a very narrow place to park and distinctly there is a sign up saying 'No Parking' but these people are very well off and think they own the world. I actually live here like and the very second I go out someone nabs the spot and when I ask them to move they look at me like I've two heads. I never once got a sorry off any of them. Next time I'm calling the guards on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The soap that claims to remove the smell of onions and garlic from your hands does in fact not. Not one bit. I am sitting amongst others and there is some bang of the garlic and onions I was chopping off of my hands :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Went to buy petrol, filled the tank with a ten then by mistake told the till worker I used twenty. I had to go back in and she got fierce narky with me before handing over the money.
    Drove home only to find that yet again, the girl upstairs who does tutoring lets the parents park in my spot time after time. I asked the lady to move and she spoke to me like I was a piece of dirt and then moved her car. Whilst trying to reverse into a tiny space a car comes along and and drives right into me. Where the fck did they think I was going to find space then they refused to back off leaving me with no room. I already complained about these people taking my parking and I'm not joking this is a residential building not a private school for her and her clients to be taking over all day every day. I'm furious. It's a very narrow place to park and distinctly there is a sign up saying 'No Parking' but these people are very well off and think they own the world. I actually live here like and the very second I go out someone nabs the spot and when I ask them to move they look at me like I've two heads. I never once got a sorry off any of them. Next time I'm calling the guards on them.

If they actually hit you you could be in trouble as you were the one reversing.

If they actually hit you you could be in trouble as you were the one reversing.

They drove towards me as I was reversing back into a spot so I had to drive forward to edge back. They could see I was trying to get into a tight spot and they gave me no room just sat there glaring at me. I'm so angry right now I could kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

People referring to St Patrick's Day as 'paddys'. As in "where are you going for paddys" or " get ready for paddys".

Worse still a pub advertising their 'Paddies' Day promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've never heard it referred to as simply Paddy's I must say. How annoying is it when Americans say St Patty's Day?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Omackeral wrote: »
    I've never heard it referred to as simply Paddy's I must say. How annoying is it when Americans say St Patty's Day?!

Trivially annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

The soap that claims to remove the smell of onions and garlic from your hands does in fact not. Not one bit. I am sitting amongst others and there is some bang of the garlic and onions I was chopping off of my hands :(
    You could try a few drops of vinegar on the hands immediately after the chopping. Can't guarantee it'd work with strong smells but I use it with things that stain like beetroot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

After chopping garlic, wash hands in cold water. When you wash in hot water, it "cooks" the garlic on tom your hands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement