Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I read somewhere about rubbing your hands on the stainless steel tap as you wash them? (before you put soap on them). It neutralises the smell apparently.

TA'd at the general public today. Why can't people follow simple, clear instructions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭B00!

I am beginning to get TA'd with my text tone... and the tick of the clock... and the loud squeaky door a neighbour keeps slamming... and whatever booming video game my other neighbour is playing... and the ding of the elevator... and how my refrigerator rattles...

Basically ALL noise is just ticking me off today :mad:

If everything could just shut the fuq up today, my nerves would appreciate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Vela

B00! wrote: »
    .. and how my refrigerator rattles...
    [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]

I AM SO WITH YOU RIGHT NOW.

This weird, irregular rattle from my fridge has been wrecking my head all day.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The sound of my neighbour's calves, it's weaning time. MOO moo, MOO moo, all the bloody time.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Letter box rattles in the wind so I have to stick it shut with blue tac.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

People who don't wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being told "it's only a dog", when I'm worried and anxious about said dog.
    That dog cuddles with me when I'm sad, is happy to see me every day, gives me kisses and so much of his heart. It's not only a dog. Boyfriends are replaceable, my dogs aren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

My old mother asked me to collect her from the airport on Saturday morning. No bother at all.
    She neglected to mention that I need to be there for 7:30am. Why do I fall for it every time?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When people say something inanimate and ordinary is sexy. Coffee, for example. Owning a chain of coffee shops would be lucrative,which they find sexy, because they're weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

kerryked wrote: »
    People referring to St Patrick's Day as 'paddys'. As in "where are you going for paddys" or " get ready for paddys".

Worse still a pub advertising their 'Paddies' Day promotion.

TA'd at being aware of saying 'Paddy's Day'. Nevertheless I'm still going to call it 'Paddy's Day' despite peoples' grumbles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Spin class in a sweltering hot stuffy room. 45 mins doesn't sound that long but the minutes drag by when you want it to be over.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When it's the most gorgeous day in the world but the glare from the sun makes your phone screen hard to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Omackeral wrote: »
    When it's the most gorgeous day in the world but the glare from the sun makes your phone screen hard to see.

That's a sign.

My hypochondrias :(

Last week at the doctor my blood pressure was high. Again. Now I'm in work and experiencing strange and sharp darting pains near my heart. They came this morning for the first time. Feeling all panicky and anxious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Last week at the doctor my blood pressure was high. Again. Now I'm in work and experiencing strange and sharp darting pains near my heart. They came this morning for the first time. Feeling all panicky and anxious.

You poor thing. Not nice to be like that. Worried.

I have the opposite problem.
    I very rarely go to the doc unless there is something very wrong - but am now forced to go , appointment made for tomorrow.

I have a list of 7 different things for them to look at. The doc will earn her money in that appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I had a similar experience last November, Doc told me my BP was high and I immediately went to the dark side!

Thankfully, there's lots you can do to control it yourself through exercise and less fried food/more healthy food.

Hopefully the worry will begin to fade for you.

TA today I was told that my current employer will be asked for a reference and I feel so awkward because my new role probably won't start for another month or six weeks. Ugh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Conference calls that go on for over an hour, that only have one action point.

Silences in conf calls when everyone knows they are finished, but waiting for a project manager to come up with some other ridiculous thought that takes another 20 minutes of time away from you forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yesterday I had a bit of an early start. And an early breakfast and didn't get any chance at lunch. So there I am, slowly dying of starvation when this guy( Dressed in the apparel of the local pizzeria) comes up to me and asks if I am I interested in a free pizza. So I reply "too right I am. Right man in the right place. You are a lifesaver ". "Here ya go " sez yer man, handing me an empty pizza box "just pop in to any branch, give them the box and that entitles you to a pizza of you choice. Thanks "

The little tease....if I had time to go and get a pizza, I would already eaten, and it wouldn't have been pizza!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Omackeral wrote: »
    Your Face wrote: »
    That's a sign.

I was checking to see if the weather would keep up for the weekend you cheeky sh*te!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Parents that deny their child a drink (of any kind) till they finish their dinner.

Bumped into my little 2nd cousin the other day, well he's not little anymore, teenager now, I just remembered randomly that his mother's new partner was feeding him one day years ago, the partner was always a bit of an arsehole in general, and the kid was eating like chicken nuggets or something, and the kid wanted a drink of diluted orange I think it was and asked himself nicely for it.

"No, finish your dinner!"

I can't like reprimand him on his parenting technique but all I was thinking was "Give the child a drink to wash down the dry chicken nuggets ffs!"

It was accumalting in my head as early onset child abuse. Hell I'd hate to eat dry chicken nuggets without a drink of something in front of me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Well we never had chicken nuggets for dinner, but I can't remember having a drink at the dinner table when I was a kid.

TA; can't find multipacks of roast chicken flavour crisps in Tesco. Or singles, of any brand. Just meat flavour selection (2+2+2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Had a nice burger and chips for dinner. I can't imagine a world without burger and chips.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Well we never had chicken nuggets for dinner, but I can't remember having a drink at the dinner table when I was a kid.

TA; can't find multipacks of roast chicken flavour crisps in Tesco. Or singles, of any brand. Just meat flavour selection (2+2+2)

Ah well chicken nuggets and chips or wedges or whatever is the easy approach these days to feeding a kid, wouldn't give that to them every day of course, bit too processed, the kid was like 4 or 5 at the time.

As for the drink, it doesn't have to be something fizzy, water or something dilutable will do, so they can comfortably eat whatever you give them, especially when it has no moisture or any real tenderness in it from being in the oven. I'm bloody 12 years older than the kid, all I was thinking was "Does he think the water will make him full and spoil his appetite?" Infact I think he'll clear the plate quicker if he was given some water.

Funny the s**t I think of, this happened over a decade ago like, only thought of it when I ran into the kid the other day, he's like 16 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

bonzodog2 wrote: »

Surely if you wanted a drink you were allowed one!?

That's ridiculous carry on and now I'm more than trivially annoyed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I don't understand the logic of not allowing a child a drink at the dinner table?

Why like?

Very Trivially Annoying.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Every parent knows that you withhold the ice cream or biscuits but no a drink. If a kid wants a drink at any time you give it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The minute I started cleaning the oven I regretted it.

I don't understand the logic of not allowing a child a drink at the dinner table?

Why like?

Very Trivially Annoying.

Exactly! I've seen a few parents do this but this one stood out because the kid is related to me.

The cousins partner was always a bit of a gimp, the kid is a bit f**ked up now as well and I blame him for it, he done more than just that too, always picking on the child over all sorts, kind of mentally f**king him up, being a bit extreme in punishing him, put him down over any little thing he did wrong. I was never really comfortable with his ways of reprimanding the kid when he did something out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

" I think Timmy is choking on a nugget, should I give him a drink?"
    " No, wait until he is finished"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Also trivially annoying - parents who make their kids finish everything on their plate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement