Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Yeah that's basically what it was like Eisenberg, the kid was like somewhat struggling to get the dinner down him, being you know, it's a dry enough kind of meal to have without a drink, if he'd have asked me I'd have given it to him, I was only stopping by the house for a few minutes and I witnessed it during the few minutes.

It was kind of like the child had indegestion you know that kind of discomfort you'd get eating like oven chips, where "it lodges half way down" and you have to take a breath till it shifts itself, this was the kid eating his meal, and no water in front of him.

"No, finish your dinner!"

Infuriating not to mention trivally annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

My hypochondrias :(

Last week at the doctor my blood pressure was high. Again. Now I'm in work and experiencing strange and sharp darting pains near my heart. They came this morning for the first time. Feeling all panicky and anxious.

Aww, remember too that high blood pressure while you're at the doctor is also completely normal and doesn't necessarily mean you actually have any medical problem. It's often a very common phenomenon called white coat hypertension and it is caused by the stress of actually having it taken. In most people without other risk factors the reading will be normal when the person is relaxed or going about their normal life .

Panic and indigestion can cause chest pains too.

Hope you feel better now and go back to the Dr for reassurance if you're not.

Also trivially annoying - parents who make their kids finish everything on their plate.

I think that's a very working class thing, like my parents made me do that, I think because both my parents hated their jobs and there wasn't much money coming in, they hated to see their hard earned money going into food that I'd end up pushing around my plate due to being full or my appetite isn't there or God forbid I not liking that particular meal.

I remember I hated stew as a kid because we used to have it so often and I was sick of it. I liked it when I was very small, then we used to have it what felt like twice a week but that's an exaggeration but we used to have it often enough where I'd be sick of looking at it, after a long day in school, and stuggling with my long divison and some of my dickhead classmates making life difficult, and coming home to the smell of stew again, I used to be thinking "Anything but stew!" before throwing the school bag in the corner. The parents always used to lose their s**t with me if I didn't finish it. I hated it for years. I don't mind it now, just back then, I just went off it.

Spent many a night pushing cold mashed spud around my plate too because the folks wouldn't let me or my siblings leave the table until it was finished. Sometimes even now I get sick of mashed potato, when you have something too often you just go off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When I'm serving dinner to kids, I give them all a drink; I just can't recall needing one when I was young (its a while ago now!)
    TA at thread derail!

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    When I'm serving dinner to kids, I give them all a drink; I just can't recall needing one when I was young (its a while ago now!)
    TA at thread derail!

You might be just one of those people that doesn't need a drink until the plate is licked clean. My father is like that, he'd only pour some milk when he's done. I'm clearly a bit more entitled and like to down pints of water or whatever with a meal. Haha

Anyway, as ye were, back to business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Had a nice burger and chips for dinner. I can't imagine a world without burger and chips.

Should that not be the Trivially Happy thread :)
    TA that I'm down to my last bud of nice nice....

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I want McDonald's but alas I am having cottage pie.

I have period pain and I want to bawl my eyes out.

My other half made a sandwich and the counter tops are a mess, crumbs everywhere and the obligatory buttery knife leaning on the edge of the sink "incase I want another one".

Friday is still two days away. My weekly wine is waving at me from the fridge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

The price of a tea in McDonalds varies in price depending on which one you visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

How people of a certain age or intelligence level have all started referring to dogs as "doggos".
    If the thought only ever occurred to add "o" (as well as the second g) to the end of dog, you're a spastic.

More worryingly, if you're only starting to say it as part of some internet fad (which is generally the case), then you're a sheep and need to learn to think for yourself and have some originality. Fin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    How people of a certain age or intelligence level have all started referring to dogs as "doggos".
    If the thought only ever occurred to add "o" (as well as the second g) to the end of dog, you're a spastic.

More worryingly, if you're only starting to say it as part of some internet fad (which is generally the case), then you're a sheep and need to learn to think for yourself and have some originality. Fin

Heh.

Sheepy calling people sheep.

TA that he thinks doggos is bad but spastic is sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

George Hamilton and Ronnie Whelan commentary combination.

Hamilton somehow manages to not understand football after commentating for about 40 years, and Whelan only finds the negative in anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

When you're browsing online dating profiles and the guy states "my kids will ALWAYS come first". It just rubs me up the wrong way. Obviously if you have kids from a previous relationship, they will be a significant part of your life. But I don't need to hear from day 1 that I'll ALWAYS be playing second fiddle to your previous life. I'd like to think that one day, maybe I'd be equally important?...

Does that make sense?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Drunken Clam

People at a checkout who only begin to wonder about where their money or card might happen to be, or if they even have it with them, AFTER the checkout person tells them the total.

Perhaps during moments of greater clarity they might take their cues from their surroundings (a supermarket queue, a conveyor belt with shopping on it, a till at the end) and anticipate the need for payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Yeah I hear ya.

Slow supermarket shoppers in general. The same ones who linger for AGES after they've paid, hogging the space so you've no room to pack your bags and get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

In supermarkets, people who stand square in the middle of the aisle while they decide what they like the look of on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Webpages that load in stages, so you click on a link only to find that it hadn't finished loading and the place you clicked is actually a different link.

Usually media content loading last, and moving the other content down the page.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People in supermarkets who leave food that needs to be refrigerated on shelves around the shop. If you don't want it any more, then put it back in the fridge/freezer, it won't kill you to go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Day 3 of back pain. Thought it was sorted last night but have woken up this morning with it worse than ever. TA'd that I have to go on a family holiday tomorrow with this. FS. (TA'd about the pain - not the holiday btw)

When the Irish media refer to somebody (with a connection to Donegal, in this case) travelling on a British passport as being "Irish". They had a choice of passports. They chose the British one, so respect their choice: they are British.

When the Irish media refer to somebody (with a connection to Donegal, in this case) travelling on a British passport as being "Irish". They had a choice of passports. They chose the British one, so respect their choice: they are British.

Yes. I have a similar TA. When I tell American people I live in Ireland and they automatically start referring to it as The UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yes. I have a similar TA. When I tell American people I live in Ireland and they automatically start referring to it as The UK.

Bloody Canadians:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Or they say ''I'm Irish too.'' They then proceed to tell you how their Great Great Grandpa was from Tipperary County. Yeah, you're not Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Beatyard festival getting the French group Air instead of them being in the Electric Picnic announcement next week. :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Feckin bus real time info. Due in 5 minutes, great. Refresh app, due in 7 minutes, what? Refresh again, back to 5. Etc etc.

Ended up getting a taxi to work cause I'd have been late!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,739 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm at a particular fast food place.

The waiter is singing along with the music playing. That in itself is not annoying and im happy that he is happy working.

What is annoying however is that he insists on trying to use harmonies... but they are off :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Couples who argue in front of me

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Omackeral wrote: »
    Or they say ''I'm Irish too.'' They then proceed to tell you how their Great Great Grandpa was from Tipperary County. Yeah, you're not Irish.
    In fairness, saying you're Irish in America (or German, or whatever) is generally more a statement of belonging to the American-Irish community than usurping the Irish identity.
    Feckin bus real time info. Due in 5 minutes, great. Refresh app, due in 7 minutes, what? Refresh again, back to 5. Etc etc.

Ended up getting a taxi to work cause I'd have been late!
    Agree with this. Always be ready to run when the projected time starts going back and forwards.

TA after discussing an order with an online customer and someone helpfully suggested the customer should look on ebay as they have the same thing but plain coloured, and cheaper (and mass produced from china!)
    Most of us know about ebay options already but when buying handmade we aren't looking for the cheapest or most basic option :mad:
    I found that really rude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Al Porter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Clampers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement