Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My boyfriend saying he was giving the cats a treat by letting them stay in our room and destroy it during the night when really he was just too lazy to put them to bed. Liar.

Also people who don't use indicators at roundabouts. It makes me shout every single time.

Last TA of the morning - my road rage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

The dishwasher at work was full of clean cups etc but hadn't been emptied yet. Then some idiot put in their dirty coffee cup which must have had a good bit of coffee left in it. Coffee splatters over all the nice clean cups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

miezekatze wrote: »
    The dishwasher at work was full of clean cups etc but hadn't been emptied yet. Then some idiot put in their dirty coffee cup which must have had a good bit of coffee left in it. Coffee splatters over all the nice clean cups.

Not emptying the cup is annoying too.
    My trivial annoyance today. It took me 10 minutes to put on my socks. I could do with one of the litter pickerup things to put on my socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When a pop up ad advertises "60 ways to please a man" and the only options are to either open the window or click a box that says, "no thanks, I don't want to have better sex" - well fúck you and the horse you rode in on, I'll have whatever kind of sex I want.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    When a pop up ad advertises "60 ways to please a man" and the only options are to either open the window or click a box that says, "no thanks, I don't want to have better sex" - well fúck you and the horse you rode in on, I'll have whatever kind of sex I want.:(

Pop ups in general "I made thousands of euros in just 5 minutes!"

Sure you did buddy, by defrauding everyone stupid enough to click your ad.

One completely legal site that allows you to watch shows in a completely legal manner does pop-up, new tab, pop-under in alternating order to catch you off guard too. Very irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

When a pop up ad advertises "60 ways to please a man"

2 month supply of fried bacon?

I've noticed this a lot recently, but it still annoys me.
    People walking along, holding their phone out in front of them, using it for a phone call - on speaker.
    What on earth are they doing, if you're holding the phone up above shoulder anyway, put it to your ear and save us all from the other side of your pointless conversation.

Windows updated itself to 10 last night on my work computer. I had a lot of files open, with some stuff I hadn't saved. It annoys me, because it wasted time opening all these files again and figuring out where I had left off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Poxy delivery man left my package in the BBQ. In the fúcking BBQ :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Today's TA: When you're a guest at someone's house and they fail to inform you that the flush on their toilet is temperamental.

Queue panic at this morning's emergency poo when several weak flushes failed to dispose of the nastiness that lay within.

Eventually got the thing to work but by god I can do without that sort of distress first thing in the morning! There's a reason I never poo in other people's homes :pac:

My socks are still wet from walking in in the rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It's an even bigger TA if it is a 2-flusher. They now know for certain what you were doing.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It's an even bigger TA if it is a 2-flusher. They now know for certain what you were doing.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BTV84GRDL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Listening to same bull**** day in day out at lunch time....swear ta fcuk from now on il eat on me own out in the car

Listening to same bull**** day in day out at lunch time....swear ta fcuk from now on il eat on me own out in the car

Any plans for the weekend? Its not too bad out there now. Is it raining? I think we've had our summer! Oh its to take up the weekend. Ah sure we'll make the most of it. Where has the year gone? Doing anything exciting the weekend? Any plans? Cant wait to get out of here. Long time coming yadda yadda yadda

TA centre

This is why I try to avoid these kind of situations, because it just makes me feel sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

When parents send their kids to school in the morning with dried snot all over their noses. Vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You work on your own, don't ya? :P

TA'd that my choices tonight are either shíte TV or go drinking on me own! Think it'll be the pub for me....prob end up watching TV in it now too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

TA that I handed in the last of my Uni work today but too fatigued to do anything.
    Was going to go to Eden Project or something tomorrow as a treat but apparently forecast heavy rain showers.
    Calm weekend it is so :(

failinis wrote: »
    TA that I handed in the last of my Uni work today but too fatigued to do anything.
    Was going to go to Eden Project or something tomorrow as a treat but apparently forecast heavy rain showers.
    Calm weekend it is so :(

Something similar, my course that I have just finished basically bled me dry for four years and all the while (even though I loved it), I felt like I had been evicted from my own life and couldn't wait to be finished and had sweet dreams of all the wonderful things I was going to do "when I finished college" - and now that moment is here and I have a massive void in my life and I feel a bit blue and like a social cripple. :D

Something similar, my course that I have just finished basically bled me dry for four years and all the while (even though I loved it), I felt like I had been evicted from my own life and couldn't wait to be finished and had sweet dreams of all the wonderful things I was going to do "when I finished college" - and now that moment is here and I have a massive void in my life and I feel a bit blue and like a social cripple. :D

Ah Jesus, I just finished 1st year, don't be like that, I have it all to "look forward to" :D

TA that I seen a sea gull with half a loaf of unsliced bread on the street this morning. I walked over and shooed it away, took the bread and threw it in the bin. Some people were tutting at me. The signs say "Do not feed the gulls" ya spoons.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 crabbysamwich

When someone bumps into you and doesn't apologise. The worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

It took me 2.25 hours to get home today, traffic annoys me.

As do fire drills while I'm in the middle of something complicated...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA with Ticketbastard today taking a fiver from my Visa debit card to procure my 169.50 Euro deposit to volunteer at Body & Soul festival, pricey enough this year for the ticket alone, of course I'll get the ticket money back when I complete my shifts.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Learning the company is getting the Hay group in to do an 'Job evaluation' on your role.

...Meaning you have to make it sound like your the CEO when you really just empty his bin..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

:D:D:D

And the T.A

I heard T.X FM (formally Phantom FM) advertising Nicky Byrnes new album today, the shame the shame, It's an alternative music station (soon to close) that never sullied itself playing that type of music, I had to look at the display twice to see it was right, :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

kfallon wrote: »
    You work on your own, don't ya? :P

TA'd that my choices tonight are either shíte TV or go drinking on me own! Think it'll be the pub for me....prob end up watching TV in it now too :rolleyes:

Ya...work on me own...share canteen with rake of other lads though

Ffs....it's literally the same three pieces of gossip their ****eing on with last 12 months at least.....it's enough to torment you

And then said I'd download music onto me phone to listen to in the car and of course me phone is full....so have to wait for a new MP3 player from Amazon now :mad:
    ^^ I live in backarse of nowhere...this could take forever :( (This is more than trivally annoying btw!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

At rugby matches, some people are not annoying at all, some people are a little bit annoying - and some people make me want to strangle them with my bare hands. Why do I always end up sitting beside an absolute gobsh1te?! Today's knobhead provided constant (inaccurate) crowd commentary while incessantly stamping his twatty flag and his Riverdance feet, elbowing me and once or twice, sitting with his a$$ cheek on my leg. He had no idea what personal space was and didn't seem to get that "Ahh Reffff" wasn't able to hear his many suggestions. It was funny when the guy in front of me muttered "f*ck up" at him and when his milliionth repetition of a buzzword-filled phrase that he learned from the telly was met with a chorus of tuts from all around. Rosie's rant is over now. Aaaand breeeathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

The general public, in for the night now, no more interactions with rude sods today

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭apieceofcake

My neighbour making a lot of noise this morning from 8am with chainsaw, strimmer etc...I'm a bit annoyed and wrecked !! It's so early aargh

• Advertisement

failinis wrote: »
    TA that I don't know if thats my ovary shooting out an egg or the start of appendicitis. *

*I have an irrational fear of appendicitis so now I wont be able to sleep well tonight either!

Twas my ovary. Woke up with blood all over my pj bottoms and bed.
    Why can't the "night" pads actually stop it leaking everywhere.
    Everything sitting in the sink before a wash.
    Raining heavy so going to have to smother the radiators.
    :mad:
    Edit: Did I add vomiting from the pain too?
    Way more than TA now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement