Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Getting awoken in the middle of a deadly dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hangovers.
    Jesus wept..why did I drink lager and cider and an Aftershock or two?
    Why am I stupid?
    Why isn't anyone bringing me tea and toast while I writhe in agony in bed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

people who pull out on front of you suddenly and you think "ffs but at least they are a lunatic and won't hold up things" and then they drive like a snail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

��^ yes! If they're going to be dangerous they should at least be consistent

My TA is people posting snaps of them eating on Snapchat. 10 second clip of her taking a bite out of a burger and chewing it. I don't know why it makes me so mad I just can't bear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    People wearing club gaa tops abroad day after day.

Why do they do that? Expecting to meet fellow Kerry fans in Torremolinos?

On the plus side, they are easy to spot. Makes Muppet Avoidance a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

TA that I had to go to hospital yesterday because the one time I need a doctor in 18 months is a bank holiday.
    Thus I didn't wash my hair, meaning it hasn't been washed since wednesday and I'm getting highlights at noon today.
    Not sure if it makes a difference to the colour but i'll be embarrassed going in with manky hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

D!ckheads driving into carparks using the exit instead of the entrance.

Then look at you as if you are in the wrong.

May the genitals of your decendents fester for a thousand years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Stopping distance at 120km/h in dry conditions including reaction time is approx 100 metres.

Now people not moving in after overtaking is a very very big annoyance of mine, as are middle lane drivers. But leaving a 100 metre gap on a motorway is him playing by the book in that regard.

This was in slow ish moving traffic 70-100kmh cars kept coming up the middle lane and moved over in front and the space was kept at 100m, never moved to the left even though sometimes there was loads of opportunity to do so, so effectively, right lane hoggers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When eating fish and a scale winds up in your mouth. They remind me of contact lenses :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The use of the word 'undocumented' instead of illegal, as if us Irish aren't doing anything wrong when we are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Left handed utensils and things: - Why?, the majority of people in this world are right handed, so why dance around the minority why can they not adapt, after all they are in the minority and and not normal :eek:

Road Distance Signs in Ireland written in English and Gaeilge: - Why? , the majority of people in Ireland talk English, visitors to the country talk English, English has been chosen as the prominent language in Ireland. Having 2 languages on road distance signs just confuses and distracts things!

Remote controls for devices that have their plus and minus on the wrong side : - I have a couple of remotes for devices and the + is on the left and the - is on the right, what is all that about. Like another remote I have the volume up is at the bottom and the volume decrease is at the top ... totally wrong! all árse about face.

having to pay to check my voice mail messages even though I am on bill pay phone contract.

Cup of Coffee that costs over 2.50eur

the fact that you cannot get a cheeseburger in McDonalds for 1euro

How long it takes to toast bread ....

If I think of any more I will let you know :)

<rant over!>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Horseradish's....why? They don't look like horses!

Left handed utensils and things: - Why?, the majority of people in this world are right handed, so why dance around the minority why can they not adapt, after all they are in the minority and and not normal :eek:

Why would you begrudge the existence of things that make other peoples lives a bit easier? Especially since it doesn't affect you in any way.
    Road Distance Signs in Ireland written in English and Gaeilge: - Why? , the majority of people in Ireland talk English, visitors to the country talk English, English has been chosen as the prominent language in Ireland. Having 2 languages on road distance signs just confuses and distracts things!

Not all visitors to Ireland speak English. I can't say I've ever been distracted by a dual language sign either.
    Remote controls for devices that have their plus and minus on the wrong side : - I have a couple of remotes for devices and the + is on the left and the - is on the right, what is all that about. Like another remote I have the volume up is at the bottom and the volume decrease is at the top ... totally wrong! all árse about face.

Is it really that onerous to look at the remote?
    having to pay to check my voice mail messages even though I am on bill pay phone contract.

Seems odd alright. I don't pay to check mine.

Don't buy it.

Better for your health.
    How long it takes to toast bread ....

Browned food is carcinogenic, toast it lightly to minimise the risk and save time.
    If I think of any more I will let you know :)

Sure, and I'll help you look on the bright side of life.

You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Why would even get out of bed in the morning with this kind of rank global injustice?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Roundabouts mildly annoy me, they are too round.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Thinking about how ****ed over children were in the past and how I've thought I'd do something different if I knew

yet I know about the record level of homeless children in the country at the moment (link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101707037&postcount=58)

and I'm doing nothing

It makes me sad. I feel powerless.

The orange light at traffic light, they should get rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Slydice wrote: »
    Thinking about how ****ed over children were in the past and how I've thought I'd do something different if I knew

yet I know about the record level of homeless children in the country at the moment (link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101707037&postcount=58)

and I'm doing nothing

It makes me sad. I feel powerless.

Boards for not automatically editing the ")" out of urls.

Why would even get out of bed in the morning with this kind of rank global injustice?

yeah, that mildly annoys me too.. getting out of bed in the morning. So I make sure I leave it at least until the afternoon if I can :P

Mildly annoying is why get out of bed when you have to get back into bed a few hours later? ....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Left handed people are generally very easy going and good humoured however notorious mass murderers who were left handed include "the Boston Strangler ", "Jack the Ripper" and gangster John Dillinger.

You may also know the Latin for left handed is "sinister ".

I'm left handed and calm , at the moment.

• Advertisement

The orange light at traffic light, they should get rid of it.

Nah, they should just substitute it for another colour .. how about purple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Leave the lefties alone. They were battered for years for their "affliction" and it's not like you have to use any leftie products.
    Numbers are the same in all languages so no one is going to be confused.

This is very annoying. I am with Vodafone and a friend of mine was with O2. She apologised to me one day because she didn't have the credit to listen to a message I sent her. I thought it was outrageous that she had to pay to listen to her messages. Vodafone introduced the same policy and I felt robbed. I can't remember the last time I listened to a message or left one. If someone doesn't answer I send a text. Robbing b@stards won't get any money off me!
    Depends on where you get it. If it's in a pub or cafe where you get a real mug, service etc then it's great value. If it's one of those self service machines where it's pure muck, then it's a travesty. The worst is when you get a hot chocolate from a machine and they charge you cafe prices but serve you some sort of hot bog water that's supposed to be chocolate.
    Have some self respect and stop eating in McDonalds.

Banks really piss me off. It's so hard now to get any service there. Usually you queue up only to be told "you can do that online".

The lodge ATM's are a godsend but try getting coins from a cashier and it's a nightmare. I'm with Bank of Ireland and they will only exchange coins/notes for two hours twice a week and you have to have an account with them and they will put a charge on your account :rolleyes: You'd think they would have a machine where people can put in their coins and get notes or you could put in notes and get coins. My local SuperValu has a coin counting machine so the technology is available.

My sister in London sent me £100 for my birthday (she's a great sister) and I couldn't change it in Ulster Bank because I didn't have an account with them :rolleyes:

The tv license-nothing more than a government sponsored protection racket

Off-license opening hours: total joke. I'm not saying that we should be able to buy alcohol 24 hrs a day but as someone who works shifts and might fancy a drink after work, it sucks that I'm not allowed after 10pm.

Inconsiderate noisy neighbours: Not such a problem for me now but I remember living in an apartment complex and people would think it was acceptable to come home between 2-4 in the morning, off their heads, being loud etc. I once was so annoyed I threw a bucket of cold water over some people :pac: They weren't happy but they went inside :D

Parents who walk out between cars with their kids: I don't drive, I cycle but I've been amazed at the amount of "responsible" adults who walk out onto the road between cars with their kids. Each time that has happened I've cycled as close as possible to the kid to give them a good fright. I was never going to hit them but maybe getting a fright from me might teach them that it's not a good idea to cross a busy road between cars, especially when there's a pedestrian crossing only a few feet away :rolleyes:

mildly annoying (as I get older) pee'ing and then walking away from bog and a bit of dribble pee comes out (actually thats more than mildly annoying) I think I'm gonna end up incontinent ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Have some self respect and stop eating in McDonalds.

People hating on McDonalds ;(

There's a thread for this you know.

It's almost like he's trivially annoyed or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

There's a thread for this you know.

He knows full well.

Its a game he consistently likes playing.

mildly annoying (as I get older) pee'ing and then walking away from bog and a bit of dribble pee comes out (actually thats more than mildly annoying) I think I'm gonna end up incontinent ...

You need to give it a good shake Andy, not any more than twice as three times is classed as playing with yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

222233 wrote: »
    People hating on McDonalds ;(
    I love burgers and chips but McDonalds is pure muck (apart from their strawberry milkshakes). They put gherkins on burgers :eek: The only acceptable salad to put on burgers is onions and lettuce.

Left handed people are generally very easy going and good humoured however notorious mass murderers who were left handed include "the Boston Strangler ", "Jack the Ripper" and gangster John Dillinger.

You may also know the Latin for left handed is "sinister ".

I'm left handed and calm , at the moment.

the trouble started when teachers were banned slapping left handers hands in schools - they never replaced it with another effective thing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Obvious lies from companies.. got an email from a UK company 5mins ago saying they have just dispatched my order.

Yeah of course you have, at 11pm on a Saturday night.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement