Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭222233

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I love burgers and chips but McDonalds is pure muck (apart from their strawberry milkshakes). They put gherkins on burgers :eek: The only acceptable salad to put on burgers is onions and lettuce.

I do take slight issues with some of their practices.. when you ask for ketchup and you get one tiny tinsie little sachet.. thankfully I don't eat burgers so gherkins are far removed from my troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

thank you for being that teensy weensy a tad bit more helpful and listing the URL for it ;) ... it means a lot..

You know exactly what thread I'm talking about as I've seen you posting on it. Don't play dumb with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,799 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

.. so anyway , another MA thing is when someone says to you "How ya?" and you say I'm grand thanks , how's yerself ... and you are met with silence and dont get an answer ...

Deadpan News Readers on TV news that (try) make jokes or show a bit of personality - its so forced! ... and MA..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

MA touch screen got iffy on iPad.

• Advertisement

MA touch screen got iffy on iPad.

in all the years I have been repairing computers I have never found the 'Any Key' .. its more than MA ! ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

The M4 after the Severn bridge does my head in with the welsh signs.

do I need to know Dublin is baile átha Cliath? - does any other country (apart from Wales) have 2 languages on their signs? - fits in nicely in the Gaeltacht areas of Connemara and donnegal etc I suppose .. but no use anywhere else

Loads of countries have road signage in two languages. Canada, Switzerland, Belarus, Cameroon, Chad, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Algeria, Angola and Haiti, off the top of my head.

It's not exactly a burden to read the language you know and ignore the one you don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

When my phone S4 (the phone not the car) is in my pocket it keeps coming on when the home key is accidentally pressed (it wakes the screen) and then the Emergency Dallier gets activated resulting battery drain on a phone that is not exactly blessed with good battery life.

You'd think by now some fcuking whizz kid would have invented an app that disables the home key when the screen is off.... without having to root the phone that is.

Oh and why do I have to keep telling Play not to Auto Update apps. I have set it to not update apps a million time and a million times it starts downloading and updating. Fuck off!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

do I need to know Dublin is baile átha Cliath? - does any other country (apart from Wales) have 2 languages on their signs? - fits in nicely in the Gaeltacht areas of Connemara and donnegal etc I suppose .. but no use anywhere else

Increasingly MA is where I am getting letters now from official places with the letter in Gaelic first of all and then in English underneath .. just put it in English .. everyone will get it and understand .. even the yokes in the Gaeltacht areas

Plenty of countries have bi-lingual signposting.

I'm mildly annoyed by your stupidity and lack of knowledge.

• Advertisement

MA - my floorboards upstairs bedroom creak .. the dogs think its someone knocking at the door and go loopy ... now it could be 4am in the morning and I get up to have a pee .. floor creaks ... dogs go loopy and all excited!

EDIT: More MA is that the creaky floorboard is right by bedroom door ... does the floorboard creak in any other part of the bedroom floor? .. nah, of course not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

MA, not being tired

Mildly annoyed that I didn't win the lotto again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Threads merged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Opened this thread and had no idea what MA meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Having to get through twenty seven posts filled with mildly annoying drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA'd I thought MA was major annoyance.

Having to get through twenty seven posts filled with mildly annoying drivel.

It could have been worse, you could have read the whole original thread whilst trying not to kill someone :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

During the work week it is a massive effort for me to get out of bed at 7:15.
    But during the weekend, or holiday, the body wakes up at 6:15. Ping. No getting back to sleep. Not for love nor money.
    TA - no sleep ins during the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Asos keeps popping up in ads with these absolutely beautiful shoes that would go perfectly with the world's most beautiful dress that I bought from them already but they don't have my size :(

It's so sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TA'd that Andy from Sligo has taken over this thread.

TA'd that I realised I'd run out of shampoo when I was standing in the shower with my hair wet.

All these fancy schmancy new houses where space is so "maximised" you have no space for storage. And a utility room - what, precisely, is your phobia of putting a decent utility room in a house?

Do you think we're all big eejits who can't envisage the consequences of living in your crap architect-designed "modern" house when we actually have our things in it? No, I'd rather not be in a kitchen where clothes are strewn all over the place, and a permanent stack of boxes sits in the corner because you arseholes were too cool to put in storage space (and no, the cupboard you're trying to sell me as "storage space" in exchange for the "converted attic" doesn't work: it just makes me want to slap you, oh precious property developer, hero of the current Irish political class)

What is wrong with these housebuilders who cannot give us space to be enjoyed as space, rather than as something that must be filled up? Space! Leave it alone. Let us enjoy it. Let us appreciate it.

Oh, and I haven't even got outside where my potential new neighbours in your state-of-the-art (mar dhea!) home are peering right into my potential living room. Thank god for competition in our free market, too, as I can go for another house where... exactly the same house designs are being replicated. Ah, the choice of a stitched-up "free" market. But what do these house builders care in this state-supported utterly distorted property market: this entire state is betrothed to them via dowries of tax incentives to these rich developers, reduced housing standards, increased loans to potential purchasers and so much else - and nobody is demanding that the state intervene and start a massive building programme à la the 1930s when the Fianna Fáil government built no fewer than 132,000 houses for Irish people (and that was in the middle of a massive depression).

As an Irishman famously shouted from the dock back in 1867 after being sentenced to death: 'God save Ireland!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

fussyonion wrote: »
    TA'd that Andy from Sligo has taken over this thread.

He is banned from this thread but set up a parody one that has been merged with this thread. Too hard to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA I can't find actual info on what actual music files play on an SD card, when I google the query all I get is hundreds of people on different forums complaining that their files don't play and no resolution offered. Why can't I just get clear info like, these are the files that will play in an SD card. :confused: I'm trying to compile a list of 50 hits for someone's 50th birthday party but if I get that bloody format error will just throw the bloody SD card into the fire.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Furnach, I live beside one of these "cool" houses. Floor to ceiling Windows, double height space, slick kitchen. The owners complain about lack of privacy, lack of storage, lack of heat. I used to look in envy, not now.

I have a feckin cold.
    Got the tell-tale signs earlier; stinging sensation on the roof of my mouth and it hurt to swallow.
    Now I'm sitting here, nose streaming and feeling drained.
    And I never drink on a Sunday but fk it, the wine's open.

Need snuggles. Have no snuggles. Lonely without snuggles :(

Need snuggles. Have no snuggles. Lonely without snuggles :(

Snuggles you tight.

TA'd that I'd love a hot cross bun. I do not have any hot cross buns.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

fussyonion wrote: »
    Snuggles you tight.

TA'd that I'd love a hot cross bun. I do not have any hot cross buns.

I asked about hot cross buns at the shop last year and got looked at like I had six heads. Wrong time of year for hot cross buns, apparently :confused:

TA'd at the squeaking gate whinging noise my dog keeps making because the other dog got to go out for a drive with my boyfriend and she didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Bus drivers that can't bring the bus to a halt at the bus stop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement