Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just when I sit down & comfortable to watch some tv, my bladder goes into overdrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It took 22 calls to my phone to find where it was hiding in the drawer with the saucepans :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

receiving sympathy for being 38 and single

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I put a load of washing on (picked most of it up off the floor in the bathroom). It had been left beside the laundry basket (evidently the lid was too heavy!!). Anyhooo a strange noise has erupted from the same washing machine. Further investigation has revealed the hubbys car, bike and house keys and electronic 'clicker' floating around in the drum....

Unfortunately our washing machine is a modern dooh daah of a yoke so you can't open the door once it has gone beyond a certain point despite stopping it or even plugging it out. Neither can I hurry on the cycle. Here's hoping that 1) the keys stay IN the drum 2) the clicker dries out appropriately.

I'm hungry and don't know what to have....

My back is unhappy with my shoddy digging and gardening mechanics and is very vocal in telling me about it.

I want to go to bed but I have a cake in the oven looks like it gonna be another 30mins or so before its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

TA'd with people's driving behaviour in supermarket shopping centres. No matter how many hundreds of spaces are free fifty yards away, someone always thinks it's okay to park right outside the door for a couple of minutes, blocking everyone else who's trying to get in or out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Plugged the charger into the phone today,2 hours later the phone was still on low charge.The other end wasn't plugged into the power socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

TA'd with people's driving behaviour in supermarket shopping centres. No matter how many hundreds of spaces are free fifty yards away, someone always thinks it's okay to park right outside the door for a couple of minutes, blocking everyone else who's trying to get in or out.

YES !!!! .......THIS , THIS AND MORE OF THIS !!! ......it drives me crazy , (far more than I know it should !)....... I'm always biting my tongue, one of these days I'm gonna ask one of these a##holes out straight - "Are you really so f##king lazy that you can't park in one of the many parking spaces available and walk the twenty yards to the door?"..... it's probably not going to end well , but I can't help myself for much longer !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

The guy I work with is 'building' a car, a Shelby Cobra kit car thing. Any way he calls it the Cobbra. Not Cobra, Cobb-ra. ARGHH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

People who expect you to finish their ...................sentences ........for.........them

And will stand there waving their arms in front of you in anticipation while staring at you waiting for you to ................finish ........ their....... sentence

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It's just after 5am. I can't sleep due to this horrible cold and the wine I had last night that I thought would help me feel better has betrayed me cos I also have a headache.

TA'd that I want a big box of chocs and instead I'm having toast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I have 4 maybe 5 bin-bags of clothes taking up floor space and storage space but I just don't have the patience to put them all on Ebay. I wish I could get rid of them some other way fast and put the money into badly-needed new clothes!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

fussyonion wrote: »
    It's just after 5am. I can't sleep due to this horrible cold and the wine I had last night that I thought would help me feel better has betrayed me cos I also have a headache.

TA'd that I want a big box of chocs and instead I'm having toast.

ta that the birds woke me up at four am this morning. put in the ear plugs then anxious I wouldn't hear the alarm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

TA I fell asleep mad early last night so was up mad early but am on a late shift later so I know I'll be shattered. Worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

It's fcuking raining. FCUK IT. :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Fake leather.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,740 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

when i'm on Boards on my phone and it is telling me there are unread posts on a thread I am following, but when I click on it, it opens the last post in the page before the new one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm having a 'chat' on Skype with a colleague from another office. His last 5 responces to me have been

1. A ninja emoji
    2. A penguin emoji
    3. A smiley face emoji
    4. A smiley face wearing headphones emoji
    5. A ninja emoji

If this guy doesn't start using word I'm going to give him bombard him with way too much work.

I'm not even sure what he is trying to say with them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sounds a lot like the Penguins of Madagascar...

My not very T but an A all the same - Bureaucracy and incompetence and people on power-trips.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm having a 'chat' on Skype with a colleague from another office. His last 5 responces to me have been

1. A ninja emoji
    2. A penguin emoji
    3. A smiley face emoji
    5. A ninja emoji

If this guy doesn't start using word I'm going to give him bombard him with way too much work.

This is what I hate the most now about Facebook & the like - people just send back emojis or those annoying-as-f*ck GIFs. It's like we're now incapable of communicating at all anymore and at some point in the future our conversations will look like ..

:cool::cool::eek::(:rolleyes::):D:pac:

:pac::pac::pac::p;)

etc.

My TA is that I have a ruddy awful cough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

My TA is that I have a ruddy awful cough.

70b2cc30b043cfe5e6ee5bf00e4a78c4.jpg

• Advertisement

1. A ninja emoji
    2. A penguin emoji
    3. A smiley face emoji
    5. A ninja emoji

:eek:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

1. A ninja emoji
    2. A penguin emoji
    3. A smiley face emoji
    5. A ninja emoji

One time a lad I had a ~thing with had gone a bit quiet so I text him, and included in the text was a question. He answered it and I replied back saying thanks and mentioned something else.

I got a thumbs up emoji in response. The ultimate snub :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

1. A ninja emoji
    2. A penguin emoji
    3. A smiley face emoji
    5. A ninja emoji

TA when somebody blabs about the secret antartic themed disco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Someone touched my work computer screen and left a big grease spot on it.
    Need windowlene.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

have a recurring head cold, now i think its mutating into a throat infection and the doctor's reception are on the longest lunch break ever. Can't breath through my nose at all. Mouth breathing like a perv and they are still are not answering phones. AAHHHH!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It is bucketing down rain. Do you know why? It's because every time I hang out some washing it fcukin rains minutes after. Who would have thought that I controlled the weather !:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Asked someone by text if she wanted me to pick up a bottle of wine on my way to her house. ''Y'' . Is that a Yes or a ''why''?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Asked someone by text if she wanted me to pick up a bottle of wine on my way to her house. ''Y'' . Is that a Yes or a ''why''?

I would say it's a Yes since there's no question mark. Although she could be a lazy texter who doesn't use punctuation marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

That's a yes, that's what my dad does too

• Advertisement

Y does anyone use abbreviations when it's only a couple of characters short of the word? Y?

TA at txtspk. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement