Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I really don't like this new Boards layout on my phone.

TA'd that I have a really horrible cold. My nose, according to the other half, looks like 'a baboon's ar*e', which is lovely.
    I keep coughing, I can't taste anything and my limbs ache.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sorry to keep harping on but I've nowhere else to vent!

I went to bed at 10.30pm, really feeling sorry for myself (I have a cold if you didn't read my previous post!) and settled down under the duvet.

Then the coughing started.
    Oh the coughing.
    Hack hack hack hack. I sat up. It dissipated slightly.

My legs started aching as if I'd walked a hundred miles.
    Other half beside me in the bed, bless him, trying to watch telly but not complaining once about my fidgeting.

I decide gravity is not my friend so I half sit/half lie down against eleventy million pillows. Ah, relief for a moment.

HACK HACK HACK HACK!

I sit up again. Now my nose decides to start streaming and block up at the same time, so at this stage I'm sitting up, honking my nose like a clown, coughing and trying to get movement into my legs.

I give up and head for the kitchen for a cuppa.
    Realise I haven't eaten much today.

Decide I will have a Reese's Peanut Butter cup. Well, two. They come in two-packs.

Eat two. Assure self it's medicinal for sore throat. Instantly feel sick and guilty.

Now I'm sitting here watching 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown with my soothing cuppa and y'know, the Reese's must have helped calm my cough because I haven't hacked in, ooh, about twelve minutes.

Night everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I sympathise Fussy. I had a shower and swallowed that clay shampoo and boy, is it rank. I actually feel too sick to do anything but I will force a glass of wine down for convenience sake. It's tit numbingly cold out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

They're doing up the place that I work and in their wisdom they got a guy to come in with a kango hammer an hour before we closed to dig up the floor. The place was full of dust and I was choking and dirty within 5 minutes.

Then my voice kept breaking while I was singing at a session and I was majorly annoyed! Feckin' dust in my lungs. Pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Woken by the bin lorry at 6.45 this morning.

Twice a week, every week, at the same time of day :mad:

Why can't they change their routes every few weeks so every area gets its fair share of early morning collections?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

No snow. No fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Facebook posts about how fantastic it is to be a parent and how your kids are the best thing that ever happened to you and how you can never know love until you have kids of your own and the only jewels you need around your neck are the arms of your children and SHARE IF YOU AGREE!!!!

Get ta F.....

Even better when you know that they are so glued to Facebook they haven't a ****ing clue where the kids are or what they are up to. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

What is FB purity??

I usually end up going onto peoples profile and click unfollow

I think you can use the FB search bar to find its FB page and the information and instructions are on that. I don't know how to explain it. It allows you to block a lot of things like Trending Subjects, Sponsored Posts, ''People you may know'' suggestions and block certain things by inputting keywords, for example : ''Donald Trump''

MY TA, because a certain organisation outsources the printing and posting of letters, they arrive a week after the date it says they were written on, so it's a mad panic to reply to them when they arrive. I could do with a few days to think about my response.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Dee Forbes wants to double the TV license fee so we can continue to see various Z-listers that were pulled out of a ditch somewhere dancing with each other:

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/its-incredible-value-for-money-rtes-new-director-general-wants-to-double-tv-licence-fee-35554991.html

In what parallel universe is this person living??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

jimgoose wrote: »
    Dee Forbes wants to double the TV license fee so we can continue to see various Z-listers that were pulled out of a ditch somewhere dancing with each other:

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/its-incredible-value-for-money-rtes-new-director-general-wants-to-double-tv-licence-fee-35554991.html

You just don't get it do you?
    If we double the licence fee then we can pay the Z-listers more and the may become d-listers...or maybe even c-listers!

Imagine how great that would be?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

jimgoose wrote: »

Dancing With the Stars muck is the worst thing I've seen on RTE.
    The only thing I bother watching on RTE is Crimecall.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Space Dog

People writing "quiet" when they mean "quite".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

People who can't use doors.

If I just walked out of a door please don't rush me to get to closing door behind me.
    Wait a second, I'll pass you, and the way is clear for you to use the door.

Not rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Space Dog wrote:

Oh be quite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

There's a woman I see a few mornings a week when I'm driving to work.
    She's always doing this kind of awkward run in heels as she clutches her handbag
    along the footpath trying to make her bus or wherever she's going on time.
    I swear one of these days I'll stop and no, I won't be offering her a lift in case that's
    what you're all thinking. (she's going in the opposite direction) I'll be telling her for
    the love of God to get up 5 minutes earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

People who use 'thee' instead of 'you' in conversation. It grinds my gears something fierce.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm extremely courteous and polite on the roads 99.99% of the time and rarely get thanked for it. Due to being a little tired and absent minded, I didn't let a driver out this morning and was given out to by another driver :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just back from holiday with my family. My sister yells at her son for the most random of things and doesn't discipline him for others.
    It really bugs me that she's so inconsistent with her discipline and I think it's turning the child into a spoilt brat but I can't really say anything to her about it because I don't have kids and therefore don't have the authority to offer parenting advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Someone called me early on Sunday morning. A number I didn't recognise, so I ignored it and they didn't leave a message.

I just remembered it today and decided to look it up, a Dublin number beginning with 666... all those numbers seem to be Garda related! And I did have the car in Dublin at the weekend .... Now I'm wondering what I've done.... Turning off the sat nav feature on my phone as I entered the Luas Park and ride maybe... caught on CCTV maybe? But it's Wednesday now and they haven't called back, now bricking it in case there's a summons or penalty points. Why did I look up that number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Space Dog wrote: »

Oh it's frustrating seeing poor smelling/grammar.

The worst thing about is you see it all over social media, someone is going to 'collage' and most people spell you're as your.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

One for finance people: why can't the Companies Registration Office scan a set of accounts without adding in blank pages. FFS lads, think of the forests. A set of accounts with 10 pages ends up at 20. This is every single f***ing time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

Actually paying for a DVD only to get the whole asshole "piracy is bad" lecture before I can navigate the menu. The same lecture I could have avoided if I had just streamed the series illegally like everyone else.

Health insurance is now up for renewal. I got email notification of it, compared the price with last year's premium, rang them up and they said, yes, the premium for the exact same policy* has indeed gone up 23% in a single year, and yes this is indeed on top of the 10% increase in your premium the year before this. The girl on the phone said the company is making a stand against customers who tick the box that means private health insurers pay €800 or so per night for a bed that cost €80 or so per night in the public system.

* Oh, and just to let you know, says she, that even though your policy (the one that has just gone up by 23%) has the same name as it had last year, this year you will not be covered for the Blackrock Clinic or the Mater Private. No wonder the rich are getting richer!

My TA: that I'm now obviously going to have to spend loads of time looking for another health insurance policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Guys strutting around today in the freezing cold, showing off their gym-bods in just a t shirt.

You look stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who stand typing at a PC when there's a seat available.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Seeing number plates on other cars that aren't level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

"Hi, will you be home for dinner?"
    - I'll get dinner at my mothers.

Grand.

Make my own dinner for one singular mouth. Fed mouth comes home. "That smells unreal, let me have some".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

When people say stuff like, "it hit me in the feels". Where exactly are your "feels" located, in your elbow? What a load of sh!te. It's these stupid terms that catch on that annoy me. Bah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

mewe wrote: »
    When people say stuff like, "it hit me in the feels". Where exactly are your "feels" located, in your elbow? What a load of sh!te. It's these stupid terms that catch on that annoy me. Bah

According to the ad, a Fiat Tipo will give you "the feels", off you go now and buy one! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Actually paying for a DVD only to get the whole asshole "piracy is bad" lecture before I can navigate the menu. The same lecture I could have avoided if I had just streamed the series illegally like everyone else.

YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A CAR!!!

I would. I would, though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement