Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Guys strutting around today in the freezing cold, showing off their gym-bods in just a t shirt.

You look stupid.

And you sound jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Omackeral wrote: »
    YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A CAR!!!

I would. I would, though.

Especially if I had a 3D printer.

My TA is those f**king Minion posts on FB. Ugh :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Air-brushing history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Daffodil day at work. All my money is now gone/donated. Will need to borrow money for lunch.

One the plus side, I had cake for breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Dear people that read and then don't answer your emails,

Please stop being a dick and answer your bloody emails. I'm not asking you for a kidney, I'm asking you to be a decent person and say hello to another human being who is trying to help you.

Kind regards,
    Disgruntled Client Manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Dropping/losing one single sock or item of clothing en route to the Washing-Machine.

Omitting to turn on said Washing-Machine and coming back hours later to discover the clothes havn't been washed at all. :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

mewe wrote: »
    When people say stuff like, "it hit me in the feels". Where exactly are your "feels" located, in your elbow? What a load of sh!te. It's these stupid terms that catch on that annoy me. Bah

Can we add butthurt and asshat to that list?

Not a fan of the rapeyness of the first and I'm not even sure what an asshat is. A hat for an ass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Today is turning in to a right TA in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

ebay's watchlist feature has changed. I've been having issues with it for months; I've just noticed it now says items only stay there for 60 days

also TA'd that the ebay seller I bought a 4G USB modem from has closed his account and ebay has cancelled the sale. (TH that I got a Paypal refund without having to remember or complain)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Find it trivially annoying that it seems that I cannot view about 50% of images on some threads. Particularly annoying if it is one which has generated debate but I cannot see what it is.
    Think it might be because they been linked to from some social media sites that the company web filter blocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Can we add butthurt and asshat to that list?

Add them. Add them all. Most of them, more than likely originated in the states and spread among people who want to seem like they're in the know and down with the latest phrases and then they migrated across the ocean to the "coolers" here. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

And you sound jealous.

Not in the slightest :) I was nice and warm in my appropriately-heavy jacket. I didn't have goosebumps or anything from trying to show off how 'hard' I am by walking around in a tight t-shirt on a freezing cold day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Thanks to the beauty industry women don't have freckles anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Most days I walk to the train station to get the train to work in the mornings. This morning, it was lashing rain, so I drove there.

Got the train back this evening, and walked home. Only to remember my car was at the train station, and I'd to walk all the way back for it. Booo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When a stranger says "I bet your parents are proud of you".
    Don't say personal stuff to people you don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

THIS x A MILLION

Also, someone says "Cheer up it might never happen"
    How the FK do you know it hasn't JUST happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Went into bed frozen, fell asleep and had horrific evening mares.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

thanks for telling me specifically :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Some blue thing came up on my phone and when I went into it it's some App yoke called Happn I must have added ages ago, and it has a Message saying Looooooooooooads of people have been noticing me, but of course, when I go into the App itself, I get told no-one has crossed paths with me. :p:(:( :rolleyes: STUPID.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Too warm with dressing gown on. Too cold with it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

When someone writes an OP and then says "Discuss" at the end.

F.U!! I will discuss it if I want to! Anyway, its a DISCUSSION BOARD, that's what people do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

When people refer to the Jamie Bulger case. The child's name was James, not Jamie. His parents never called him Jamie. His family never called him it. It's a completely different name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

people whinging about the licence fee

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Also, someone says "Cheer up it might never happen"
    How the FK do you know it hasn't JUST happened?

Totally agree, went back into the office one day after taking a call outside. Looking miserable and some idiot said "Cheer up it might never happen"....the call has juts told me my Grandfather had died.. I said nothing.

TAd that I bought some lovely new and very expensive wool yesterday to make a special shawl as a present....and it keeps catching on the needles and feels horrible in my hands. €60 wasted on wool that will sit in a drawer now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Omackeral wrote: »
    When people refer to the Jamie Bulger case. The child's name was James, not Jamie. His parents never called him Jamie. His family never called him it. It's a completely different name.

Same with the "Maddie" McCann case-her parents never called her anything other than "Madeleine"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Selfish people at petrol pumps/shops. Lazy ar$es who didn't want to park in proper parking spaces so they parked right beside the shop door so I had no way to drive around to get into a petrol pump space when it became available.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Dropping/losing one single sock or item of clothing en route to the Washing-Machine.

Omitting to turn on said Washing-Machine and coming back hours later to discover the clothes havn't been washed at all. :rolleyes::o

Reading a post that reminds me I've left a load of washing in the machine since last night :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Noddyholder

I had an important appointment today for 2, Its an hours drive away, Anyway just got a happy text saying can we put it back till 16.30, Which dominos my plans for rest of the day, Ah well I have know fear of coming out of my comfort zone, Just bend with the wind...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement