Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

She's probably also annoyed that you also have an invisible illness and sees you as competition for attention. I bet everything about her illness is eleventy billion times worse than yours. It's pathetic behaviour but no reflection on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Thank you but from experience I believe she has been irritated by me for some time, it's not the first time a post has appeared right after I've said something and got sudden radio silence. I don't feel the same about anyone else, she just makes me feel like I've said the wrong thing no matter what I've said. I have an invisible illness of sorts myself so I know it is difficult, but she carries on as if she's the first person to suffer from anything.

She didn't know of the thing I suggested already. She doesn't seem to have tried anything really, despite what she said.

I used to have a friend just like that.

Used to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

When you arrive at your hall door and take your keys out, but your house key has found a way to get stuck between every ring on the bunch.

Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

My love of 5 or 6 V&Ts a night will SURELY make me a hideous beast by my 40s. The cigarettes and occasional pringles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Having to put in contact lenses

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

twill wrote: »
    Sorry about your friend being passive-aggressive with you, Widdershins. It's just possible it's not aimed at you, especially if it was advice about a symptom rather than a cure. People with chronic illnesses genuinely do get unsolicited medical advice all the time. Or maybe your friend is just passive-aggressive.

People who are not medically qualified and don't have experience of the illness can not give medical advice. It's simply not needed. The person with the illness knows it already.

TA at lingering colds.
    Well then I'd say stop going on about it I'm not a doctor.
    TA when people give out my number as theirs and then when the person calls, they're not here to take the call

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Charlie19 wrote: »
    When you arrive at your hall door and take your keys out, but your house key has found a way to get stuck between every ring on the bunch.

Very annoying.

...and you always have a load of shopping in your hands when that happens!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Dirty nails, long nails on a man, bitten nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Wore bad socks and have cuts on the back of my heels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

The sun is out.

I'm one of those weird people that prefer the icy dark.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Maybe posted before but my TA is people who write 'of' instead of 'have' . I recently had to give a statement to a Garda, which he wrote and I had to sign. He did this repeatedly. "Should of, would of, could of". I wanted to scream "IT'S SHOULD HAVE, WOULD HAVE, COULD HAVE" but was afraid of offending him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I watched a blackhead removal thing online where they tweezed out the heads until there was white stuff gunging all over the face. One person was covered in massive big blackheads with hair. Presume it was a guy.
    Then I had my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I watched a blackhead removal thing online where they tweezed out the heads until there was white stuff gunging all over the face. One person was covered in massive big blackheads with hair. Presume it was a guy.
    Then I had my dinner.

no
    just no

I'll can't get that image out of my mind now!

MUWHAHA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Then I had my dinner.

Ah stop, once I start watching those clips I can't stop. Absolutely addictive :)

TA that I have totally lost my reading mojo again. Reading is one of the only things that keeps me sane :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sinus infection. Nothing I take is taking the headache away. Even my teeth hurt. Kills me having to give €50 to the doctor on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

^ I had a sinus infection last year, or so I thought. Turns out it was actually fluid leaking from my brain!!

My TA is being treated like Cinderella

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Sinus infection. Nothing I take is taking the headache away. Even my teeth hurt. Kills me having to give €50 to the doctor on Monday.

I used go to the beach....found it brill to clear/ease blocked sinus.....but this may not be helpful for an infection though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I used go to the beach....found it brill to clear/ease blocked sinus.....but this may not be helpful for an infection though :/

Sounds lovely but TA that I now live in a land locked county.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

Housemate has left her stuff in the dryer for two days straight. Not washing, just drying. She just came down again and stuck it on without even checking if it was dry. We have two drying racks which she never seems to use.

Another has managed to flood the sink with all sorts of vegetables and noodles. She's also left plates of cooked rice in the fridge for days and now there's some broken eggs in there. She never covers up any of her food in the fridge, and her shelf is right above mine, so if I get suddenly ill I can safely blame her.

They both turn the immersion on for two hours at a time (even when there's already a full tank of hot water) and seem unable to turn off lights when they leave a room. A third housemate (who is otherwise lovely) will have the radiator on full blast while wearing a t-shirt and leggings. Our last electricity bill was a third higher than before the first two moved in (we had two others before them) and is it really any wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

When you're waiting for a reply on Boards and everyone else has gone to bed

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Sounds lovely but TA that I now live in a land locked county.

I have a humidifier and sometimes use nasal wash. It's the weather causing the sinus problems I'd say. You can buy nasal wash in any chemist for about 30 euros, it includes a washer and the sachets.

Bothered, yes I'm bothered by a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Philistines giving out about Irish people celebrating historical or cultural events, claiming Ireland has no culture of its own and that to take pride in anything Irish is stupid as it is an accident of birth that you're Irish. Implying that it's hyper nationalist and somehow racist. In the next breath the wally is celebrating their home country's football team winning a match. Enthusing about their country's child centric culture, nudist beaches and traditional industries :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Facebook on Mothers Day. Eejits wishing their mothers a happy mothers day. Half of the time the mother ain't even on Facebook. It's nothing more than than saying oh look how good I am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

smilerf wrote: »
    Facebook on Mothers Day. Eejits wishing their mothers a happy mothers day. Half of the time the mother ain't even on Facebook. It's nothing more than than saying oh look how good I am

Or the people who post tributes to their deceased mothers. I don't get that. Have a private moment of reflection but no need to be posting that publicly IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No reason not to, IMO. They want to share their love for someone with others. What's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    No reason not to, IMO. They want to share their love for someone with others. What's the problem.
    guess some people see it differently. To me it's attention seeking and looking for sympathy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

guess some people see it differently. To me it's attention seeking and looking for sympathy

To me, that shows a lack of empathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My TA, I know someone who has posted how useless their mother is, and how another relative was much more like a mother to her. No need for that carry on, total lack of class, whatever the situation was for her. Worse is all her hangers on telling her how wonderful she is. I hope her kids never see half the stuff she puts up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My cold has 99% gone BUT I still haven't got my sense of smell back properly.
    I'm still blowing my nose cos it feels congested and I know it's annoying everyone because I'm doing it every few minutes, but I need to clear my nose. It feels weird and I'm beginning to think I might have a sinus infection.

Tissues that are not soft.

I know Kleenex Balsam are super soft and I used them throughout the last cold I had; they were great and I didn't have a red scaly dry nose afterwards, which is what happens when you don't use soft tissues.

But anyway, I ended up buying a box of Tesco Balsam Tissues (they had no Kleenex) thinking "Ah sure they'll be the same".
    THEY'RE NOT.
    My God. My toilet tissue is softer.
    My nose is in ribbons. All red and scaly and dry.

Note to self: only buy Kleenex Balsam from now on.

TA'd that I have to cook a stew for dinner and the thoughts of it.
    Gah.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement