Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,349 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

27 Stone security guards!!

What exactly are they going to stop, and more importantly, who are they going to catch?

I saw one today in a shopping centre, and he wouldn't of been able to catch a granny, with no legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Just wasted an hour of my life watching The Hateful 8. I just couldn't get into. Big Tarantino fan, but not this. The overuse of the N word is very tiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It's a beautiful day here, getting plenty washing dry. And yet I am in cnutish form. I'd kill someone as soon as look at them, and no good reason for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Been in cnutish form for about the last 4 weeks and can't snap out of it. Really doing my head in at this stage..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Feeling murderously homicidal myself today for some reason, decided not to take my bike for a run, I didn't want to be taken for the stereotypical psychopathic motorcycling hoodlum.....

Instead I've been playing with very sharp motorised implements, lawnmowers, strimmers, hedgetrimmers and chainsaws all day...... am tired now.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

I asked someone if I could borrow something off of them today, they said yeah but they were in the next town but would message me when they were back. That was at 1pm and even if they get back now I don't see the point in going over to them.
    Just tell the truth and say no from the start, save me ****ing hanging around over nothing!

Also got a text from my mother saying "I will phone you in 5mins".
    I texted back saying "Why is something wrong?"
    And got a reply saying "Need to say this by phone."
    After 10mins no phone call to me, tried ringing her, not picking it up.
    After thinking someone bloody died or was in hospital she picked up and it was just to say she had a nice lunch with a friend.
    Why do people do that?!

Edit: I did not answer her returned calls (partly because I went out to get some milk for breakfast tomorrow) and now she is getting thick with me?!
    **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

73Cat wrote: »
    It's a beautiful day here, getting plenty washing dry. And yet I am in cnutish form. I'd kill someone as soon as look at them, and no good reason for it.
    northgirl wrote: »
    Been in cnutish form for about the last 4 weeks and can't snap out of it. Really doing my head in at this stage..:mad:
    What is it? Seriously I'm afraid of myself at the moment...is there something in the air? Sinking a bottle of wine here and it's making me worse,stop the world I want to get off:(

Colser wrote: »
    What is it? Seriously I'm afraid of myself at the moment...is there something in the air? Sinking a bottle of wine here and it's making me worse,stop the world I want to get off:(

I feel like such a foul mood as well, but its on and off for months, but when it hits me :eek:

Went to pharmacy today to pick up prescription and asked the chemist was there any pain killers I could take besides paracetamol to help period pain because I was vomiting this morning and could barely walk.
    Allergy to Aspirin and all Anti-Inflammatories means no - only option is codine (or the mix of codine/paracetmol, is that co-codamol) which I was on in the past and screwed up my bowels. I have tried 3 types of contraceptive pill to try and help my periods but came off all of them due to severe head aches.
    Going to give my 4th a spin later next week, hope it ****ing works for everyone around me sake.
    Paracetamol makes my stomach hurt (in treatment ulcer and gastritis), was actually crying in pain earlier for "daring" to take a paracetamol to stop my uterus killing me in pain.

I have constant chronic back pain, GP said "I will put on anti inflams" then looked at my notes and was like... "eh...no". :mad:

* Maybe the pain is making me cnut :pac: :o

Colser wrote: »
    failinis wrote: »
    I feel like such a foul mood as well, but its on and off for months, but when it hits me :eek:

Went to pharmacy today to pick up prescription and asked the chemist was there any pain killers I could take besides paracetamol to help period pain because I was vomiting this morning and could barely walk.
    Allergy to Aspirin and all Anti-Inflammatories means no - only option is codine (or the mix of codine/paracetmol, is that co-codamol) which I was on in the past and screwed up my bowels. I have tried 3 types of contraceptive pill to try and help my periods but came off all of them due to severe head aches.
    Going to give my 4th a spin later next week, hope it ****ing works for everyone around me sake.
    Paracetamol makes my stomach hurt (in treatment ulcer and gastritis), was actually crying in pain earlier for "daring" to take a paracetamol to stop my uterus killing me in pain.

I have constant chronic back pain, GP said "I will put on anti inflams" then looked at my notes and was like... "eh...no". :mad:

* Maybe the pain is making me cnut :pac: :o

@ Colser, couldn't have said it better :roll eyes: t wish I could even have a bottle of wine but stomach is so f***d these days drinking just isn't worth it.. :(

@Failinis, sounds like you're having an awful time of it..

TA'd it's not just me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I'm on my 6th straight episode of Bates Motel. I really need to go to bed, but I've just started episode 9. I could go to bed, and finish it tomorrow, but I have to watch these types of shows at night time.
    Also, just looked at my pedometer app on phone, 340 steps for the whole day. Came down the stairs at 10.30 this morning, been watching telly since, a few trips to the kitchen and the toilet is all I've done all day. That said, I plan on doing the same tomorrow. On antibiotics and strong painkillers and was told to rest, so there's my excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Everytime you post the similes move:mad:

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I'm on my 6th straight episode of Bates Motel. I really need to go to bed, but I've just started episode 9. I could go to bed, and finish it tomorrow, but I have to watch these types of shows at night time.
    Also, just looked at my pedometer app on phone, 340 steps for the whole day. Came down the stairs at 10.30 this morning, been watching telly since, a few trips to the kitchen and the toilet is all I've done all day. That said, I plan on doing the same tomorrow. On antibiotics and strong painkillers and was told to rest, so there's my excuse.

Very TA'd that I'm finished Bates Motel. It was an outstanding season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

TA'd I need to move off the sofa and go to bed. But will have to brush my teeth and take off the face paint before I get into bed. :yuck:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

TA with After Hours at the moment, choice of topics is crap and not many there to indulge in conversation with.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

TA I missed a call on Thursday asking me to let a company know when I would be able to come for a job interview. They rang my UK number, I was at home in Ireland. I have to now wait to Monday to contact them and rearrange. It's driving me up the ****ing wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Constantly getting communion, confirmation and christening mixed up. I say one and mean the other. They're all church ceremonies and start with C so give me a break.

" yeah I can't wait for the christening"

"Communion!"

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Progressive hangovers. On a Sunday.

Fcuk away off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

People referring to celebrities by their first name and first name only as if they're on first name terms with them.You don't ****ing know them so don't ****ing act like you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

People referring to celebrities by their first name and first name only as if they're on first name terms with them.You don't ****ing know them so don't ****ing act like you do.

Girl I work with constantly nattering on about Kim Kardashian referring to her as "K. Kar" like they're great pals altogether . TA'nnoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

The fact that it's the middle of bleedin' May yet for all I know, it might as well be January. Sick to death of the rain and the cold and the wind. We're hoping to have a BBQ next weekend and I'll be raging if we have to cancel on account of such indecisive weather. :mad:
    I'm also due to start up with Slimming World next Thursday and I'm trying very hard not to have a panic attack at the thought of getting up on the scale and facing up to my weight. Last time I weighted myself, I was verging on 24 stone (!!!) but I know I've gone up since then. Dreading the thought of possibly being the fattest person in the meeting but at least I'll be somewhere where I can get help for it... :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

McChubbin wrote: »
    I'm also due to start up with Slimming World next Thursday and I'm trying very hard not to have a panic attack at the thought of getting up on the scale and facing up to my weight. Last time I weighted myself, I was verging on 24 stone (!!!) but I know I've gone up since then. Dreading the thought of possibly being the fattest person in the meeting but at least I'll be somewhere where I can get help for it... :/

You're doing the right thing, congratulations and good luck. Don't worry about being the fattest person there. If you are, so what. There are fatter people sitting at home doing nothing about their weight.

I'm TA'd that even though I've filled up my petrol tank this morning in the my car, the fuel light won't go off. Could be worse I suppose, I had a car before where the fuel gauge didn't work, always hoping I'd put enough in it but never sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

failinis wrote: »
    Ah Jesus, I just finished 1st year, don't be like that, I have it all to "look forward to" :D

TA that I seen a sea gull with half a loaf of unsliced bread on the street this morning. I walked over and shooed it away, took the bread and threw it in the bin. Some people were tutting at me. The signs say "Do not feed the gulls" ya spoons.:rolleyes:

TA at the pointless meanness of this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"At least you have a job to go to"

Go suck a lemon, or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

People who mean well and foist advice on you without actually understanding the issue who then cause ten times more stress than the original issue.

I'm looking at you Mam -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Attractive, good looking females who always have a perennial cock-blocking obnoxious best friend - usually in the guise of an over weight lesbian with a face like a bulldog who smokes 100 lambert and Butler a day; or a loud mouthed camp guy (prefers menthols) with stretcher earrings who point blank refuses to come out

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    TA at the pointless meanness of this :(

The amount of sea gulls in this town is a joke, they rip open bin bags but now we have covered bins so they don't tear and leave rubbish everywhere.
    Yeah it might have been cruel but its not like it has a harbour or anything to get food out there :rolleyes:

TA'd that these days most shops don't keep soft drinks refrigerated as much as they should. I know we don't have extremes in temperatures but my bottle of coca cola could be colder :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

^ Now that's what you call a TA :D:)

I'm TA'd that due to hotel prices this weekend in Dublin, I had to sell my Bruce Springsteen tickets for Friday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The weather. What is it with the random showers?
    Look outside=>Weather looks nice=>Gets ladder and gear from the shed=>Changes in to painting gear=>Ascends ladder with bucket of paint=>It starts raining.

Every.
    Fcking.
    Time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

My cat just had a crazy moment and almost knocked the TV over. As I jumped up to run over there, I knocked over a full glass of water and its contents went over several books, my phone and other stuff on the table. Luckily no real damage was done, but I'm more than trivially annoyed with my cat now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement