Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

Dundrum Town Centre. It has always annoyed me - "all fur coat and no knickers", like a big version of M&S/Donnybrook Fair visited by the same mentally fragile sorts.

Charged €3.00 tonight for parking for 10 minutes in an empty car park at 10:30pm while I went in to use the only big pharmacy still open at that time in the southside. In a Dublin where every shopping centre from Blanch to Stillorgan give us free parking, I look forward to its decline. I note I'm not the only one giving out about this parking charge. Hopefully, the decline is already under way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

People saying 'Oz' about Australia. Actually can't deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being in pain, can't deal with it. I'm such a crybaby.

I sometimes sleep with a little lamp on when I have the heebiejeebies. Unfortunately the bulb kept blowing so I put a very soft one in the main ceiling one. The ceiling one used to have a fairly bright light which lit up the very dark hall for me.
    This one doesn't and I'm thirsty and the kitchen feels like a million miles away on the other side of Mordor :(

Also *embarrassed face*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Back commuting aargh- wallfalling with the tiredness when I came in. Bed and sleep before 10- now awake, still v tired and eyes sore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Dundrum Town Centre. It has always annoyed me - "all fur coat and no knickers", like a big version of M&S/Donnybrook Fair visited by the same mentally fragile sorts.

Charged €3.00 tonight for parking for 10 minutes in an empty car park at 10:30pm while I went in to use the only big pharmacy still open at that time in the southside. In a Dublin where every shopping centre from Blanch to Stillorgan give us free parking, I look forward to its decline. I note I'm not the only one giving out about this parking charge. Hopefully, the decline is already under way.

It was part of the terms of them being granted planning permission that they had to charge for parking. Other shopping centres didn't have these terms.

There are cheaper (or free at 10.30pm) parking options right outside the shopping centre if you prefer. You paid for convenience.

If you think the shopping centre are suffering because of this you are very much mistaken, the carpark is always almost full and there's a long queue to get into it at peak times.

Also; if you are less than 15 minutes in a carpark you can drive straight to barrier and put your ticket in and it will let you out.

I do absolutely hate dundrum shopping centre though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I think April the Giraffe is trolling me. I have been watching her live-cam for weeks now and still no sign of that baby Giraffe getting born.
    Yesterday I nearly burst with excitement when something started happening - but it was just a big poo.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Winterlong wrote: »
    I think April the Giraffe is trolling me. I have been watching her live-cam for weeks now and still no sign of that baby Giraffe getting born.
    Yesterday I nearly burst with excitement when something started happening - but it was just a big poo.

YESSSS!!! ABSOLUTELY!!! And she had a few big contractions a week or so ago, too!!! She was due on the 23rd of February - allegedly. I do get the feeling that the animal sanctuary people told the world she was due a whole month before the actual due date just to keep everyone glued to our screens. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the calf were born on the 1st of April, just to make April's Fools of all of us! :mad:

(Still, they're lovely. :))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The Saw Doctors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

People in work.

Doing a major roll out in the office as the company is rebranding and 350 + computers changeling update you name it.

Told everyone in person, emails, user guide, around the office on signs.

What do they do still open the program and I have to basicly rebuild there computer so it removes it from the system and they can still use there other laptop to the change over.

These are people who work in IT and Jeses the egos they have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The questions on Tipping Point.

"What instrument does a drummer play?"
    "What Birds Eye potato product are known for being waffly versatile?"

Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

fussyonion wrote: »

Are you for real?

It is a show about dropping coins into a slot. I doubt those on it are known for their general knowledge prowess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

fussyonion wrote: »

Are you for real?
    everlast75 wrote: »
    It is a show about dropping coins into a slot. I doubt those on it are known for their general knowledge prowess ;)

I bet they still got them wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

This is really TA, taking medication everyday. I can make the greying hair and the wrinkles disappear by taking off the specs. But tablets, they're for ould ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I mislaid something belonging to someone else while tidying yesterday. Of course they need it right now and it is like it has vanished off the face of the earth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I disobeyed one of my own rules and I checked my work email this morning while having breakfast... and the email annoyed the **** out of me and I'm in bad form now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

More than TA by a pulled muscle in my ribs. I had a chest infection and pulled a muscle coughing but the stupid thing is still sore :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA'd that the bus never showed up this morning. Had to get a later one so now I'll be late leaving work.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd that somebody in work has taken my mug this morning. they have made an enemy for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Yesterday I broke the case for my glasses :mad:

Today I broke my glasses :mad: :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Jrop wrote: »
    More than TA by a pulled muscle in my ribs. I had a chest infection and pulled a muscle coughing but the stupid thing is still sore :(

That is the WORST. I actually ended up in A&E about a year ago because of the same thing. Flu-induced coughing fits and then a pulled ribcage muscle that made breathing painful and coughing absolutely excruciating.

Took a good month or two to heal properly too as you use those muscles so often. :( Try some co-codamol for the pain, it helped me a lot.

My TA is some work pizza dinner thing that I'm supposed to be at this evening but my patience for work in general is wearing thin and I can think of a million other ways I'd like to spend the evening.:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Everyone in the office are experts on controlling the air conditioning.

Not.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Air conditioning in offices in general is the pits. Whatever its setting, half of the people will think it's too hot and the other half will say it's too cold, and the only thing you get is a bad draft down your neck and back, irrespective of where you're seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

73Cat wrote: »
    The birds have yet to notice the new bird nesting box/ feeders I put up on Saturday. I'm so impatient!
    Had a second TA and can't remember it :(

Hang your washing underneath it. :pac:

My annoyance today is the usual motorist breaking the lights, even though the road he turned right for was already backed up. He'd be going nowhere anyway, and into the town. :rolleyes: I just cycled at him (knowing that he'd be barely past when I got to his position).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

See service advertised.
    Get in contact via businesses preferred means.
    And....
    Nothing.

So I just ring like I was originally going to but didn't due to your website stating it would be better to message through the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Having to chase payment of invoices, it feels really awkward as I don't want to jeopardise a further working relationship but for heavens sake Im a sole trader and this is a big sum (for me anyway) of money that is totting up as its 3 invoices that haven't been paid in the 30 days and are still outstanding. Ive done the work, it was well received so come on pay up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

Lloyds Pharmacy beside Eddie Rockets in Donnybrook open until midnight every night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

My eyes feel more tired when I wear glasses than when I wear contacts even though they're the same prescription (I think) - you'd think giving my eyes a break from the lenses would feel good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

73Cat wrote: »
    I mislaid something belonging to someone else while tidying yesterday. Of course they need it right now and it is like it has vanished off the face of the earth :(

Are you my son?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I was up late last night and wanted to rest today for a while but Oh No, my neighbour's loud fkcing voice first thing this morning at the door with her students woke me up. I wish I had my own house and didn't have to listen to this every single day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement