Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I walk by a certain house every day. Since around the beginning of January I have noticed that their overflow pipe from their water tank in the attic has been running full blast. Luckily for them their back yard is cemented and must be well drained but how do they put up with that? Even the noise alone would drive you mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Someone was smoking a joint as I waited for a bus earlier.
    The fking smell of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Northern Ireland would have beaten Iceland last night.

The Daddy.

Him: Oh xxxx is dead
    Me: Ah that's sad. Was he sick for long?
    Him: blaa blaa no blaa blaa.
    Me: blaa blaa
    Him: Oh wait till I tell you who else is dead! Em do you know em. No I can't remember now. It'll come to me.
    Me: Ah jaysus!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Went to sleep early in the evening a few hours earlier than norm and I woke around 4.30am or something. Can't get back to sleep again now and am gonna be punished for getting an early sleep as I'm gonna be tired again and wanting my bed around noon / 1pm. :mad:

Also my left shoulder is horrendously sore. :(:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Forgot my fitbit.

No point in moving off my arse now :(

Also have checked my wrist about 15 times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I got a huge streak of fake tan on a newly painted wall. I tried to get it off with cleaning wipes but all the paint came off. I'm freaking out how to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I got a huge streak of fake tan on a newly painted wall. I tried to get it off with cleaning wipes but all the paint came off. I'm freaking out how to fix it.

Oh no :( You hardly have any of the paint left over? or see if you could get a tester size pot in a diy shop the same happened to me only a couple of months ago

js35 wrote: »
    Oh no :( You hardly have any of the paint left over? or see if you could get a tester size pot in a diy shop the same happened to me only a couple of months ago

I'll have to do something. I can't leave it there. I don't have the paint, I'll have to ask the landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,742 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

being in good form and then some grumpy ****er in work p*ssing you off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Trivally annoyed by my 'boss' being a dick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

People on message boards like boards.ie using acronyms.

Like "TA", what the **** does it mean? Does it mean "Things that annoy" in which case would it not be "TTA"?

It's not Twitter people, you don't have a character limit, stop bastardising the English language.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

davo2001 wrote: »

Like "TA", what the **** does it mean? Does it mean "Things that annoy" in which case would it not be "TTA"?

It's not Twitter people, you don't have a character limit, stop bastardising the English language.

TA = Trivially Annoyed

davo2001 wrote: »

TA = Trivially Annoyed

It's been used on this particular thread for, well, years.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frigating

davo2001 wrote:

"TA'd by" suggests a verb form. Since there is two letters, we can reasonably assume the T is an adverb and the A a verb. Take the thread title "trivial things that annoy you", try and take a verb out of that then an adjective for the verb.

Plus the first post says " Trivial annoyances". It's not that hard to work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Childish colleagues who shout out how amazing it is to have parental leave and that I (childless) should take short-time it's amazing - F** O**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

northgirl wrote: »
    Childish colleagues who shout out how amazing it is to have parental leave and that I (childless) should take short-time it's amazing - F** O**

"Child-free"!
    Big TA at people who feel it is ok to judge others life choices or circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Doorbell or ringtone noises in adverts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Reading over cute texts on whatsapp from the OH who was too busy to text me back earlier, only to be caught rapid when he randomly text and noticed i was online and "read" the text as soon as it was sent.

Caught ouuuuut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

If you are going to ask me a question, please have the common courtesy to allow me to finish the answer without interrupting me after every second word I utter.

"Question"
    "Well if.."
    "What?"
    "You go to.."
    "Where?
    "STF UP And LISTEN!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Cannot find tinned pineapple chunks in natural juice ANYWHERE.

I was going to make a sweet and sour chicken for dinner and I bought all the other ingredients. I could buy a fresh pineapple and cut it into chunks but I need 150ml pineapple juice and I'm not prepared to juice a pineapple with my bare hands.

I could buy a jar of sweet and sour sauce but I have the ingredients for home-made!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Software engineers.

There egos could fill a office just for one of them.

In work yesterday i got basicly giveing out by a group of them over there laptop not wokring and cornered me and the amount of times they said there a engineers was priceless every 3 word

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

New girl in work has just complained (half joking) that we don't "chat" enough. So she feels like she's working in a morgue. Lovely. Unfortunately some people have actual work to do and can't sit around all day "chatting". FS.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Cannot find tinned pineapple chunks in natural juice ANYWHERE.

I was going to make a sweet and sour chicken for dinner and I bought all the other ingredients. I could buy a fresh pineapple and cut it into chunks but I need 150ml pineapple juice and I'm not prepared to juice a pineapple with my bare hands.

You could buy pineapple juice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I can see someone reading a book on a bus or in a waiting room and despite my best nosey efforts I can't see the title of the book. I have got to know what you are reading, dammit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My TA is barstoolers

Called into a local pub for a quiet pint after work. Two old lads on opposite ends of the bar ranting

They have the solution to every situation. They can engineer the M50, build a children's hospital and resolve the banking enquiry. All while supping a pint

I would like them to sit beside each other and let me have a quiet pint in peace

When I tell you these are taxi drivers you won't be surprised ;)

Made a cuppa instant Latte but there was no coffee in it only dried milk. If the whole box is like that someone will die.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭cbreeze

On the list of my TAs are people who reach out and pick loose hairs off your jacket. A woman I did not know did that to me at the bus stop last week ...

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Reading a feature about a house in a newspaper or magazine and they say "architect-designed".

Well thank God it wasn't designed by Sheila down at the hairdressers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When someone nudges you when telling a joke, or nudges you in general

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement