Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I returned 17 pages that were on a checklist today.

Felt good man.

Got a phone call saying I had left out a form.

I replied that I had triple checked the checklist only to be told . . .

"That one wasn't on the checklist"

Makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Fellas looking for discrete Hookups. :rolleyes::rolleyes: If ye want to be discreet will ye learn how to feicing spell the word like. :mad:

I need to buy 1 of those Pill-boxes. I can't remember if I took a tablet today or not. This might be acceptable behaviour from a 70y.o. but I'm about half that! :o

Some ould Biddy was in front of me earlier at Roundabout. She had rightofway and she let 3 cars come up to Rb and pass through when she should have gone before them! While she was just stopped there and dithering the 3 cars came up saw she was shtuck to the ground and drove straight through no bother to them! :D:D Some people just shouldn't be allowed drive at all I don't think!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm itchy all over and I showered already today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Getting fecking soaked yesterday, and having to drive home cold and wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

New lad in work.....theres no harm in him

But he literally never shuts up.....from 6.45 to 5....none stop singing,shouting,joking etc....

he's a good laugh...but by fcuk after about 10 mins he'd wear Ya down and I'd have to go to other end of the yard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

New lad in work.....theres no harm in him

But he literally never shuts up.....from 6.45 to 5....none stop singing,shouting,joking etc....

he's a good laugh...but by fcuk after about 10 mins he'd wear Ya down and I'd have to go to other end of the yard

He clearly needs to chat with the new woman in my office. Soulmates.

TA is that the messenger in work whose sole purpose is to deliver things has refused to deliver a package I need delivered urgently today. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ta at people thinking they're in love with someone when they only have a crush or at most an infatuation. And TA at female friends asking about my ''goodlooking friend''. I don't think any of them are goodlooking and have to ask which one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Muppets at work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Ta at people thinking they're in love with someone when they only have a crush or at most an infatuation. And TA at female friends asking about my ''goodlooking friend''. I don't think any of them are goodlooking and have to ask which one.

I think your female friends are referring to me :D

My TA is the weather. Having to leave the house with a rain jacket and sunglasses because it's going to change about 10 times today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Smell of dog poo in work and no poo to be seen ... at least if you could see it you could clean it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,664 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

My new work phone is a Samsung :(

Last 3 have been HTC and I liked them. I know they all do the same thing but I liked being slightly different than the larger group of (Apple/Samsung)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you're having a row with someone and they're grating on your last nerve so ya have to shut that sh1t down with a "right. Fine. Do what you like. Whatever. I'm done with this conversation", but you're sitting there seething going over it in your head but you just can't help but follow it up with "and do you know what else?!?" 5 minutes after you demand the conversation is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭bronn

Fúckers outside the building, all lining up to have an aul' smoke while leaning on the 'no smoking' signs, right underneath my window. Even with the bloody window closed, I can smell their poxy smoke and I stink of it when I go home. Will the building management do anything about it? Like hell.

Would it be unfair to invest in a super-soaker?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

A small bird flew in through my open bedroom window this morning and shat all over the curtains.
    Have now closed all windows and vents #hitchcockthebirds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

People who pronounce girl as gurl

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

smilerf wrote: »
    People who pronounce girl as gurl

This, and people pronouncing Thursday as Thersday, or worse Tersday.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by line manager's boss. My Line Manager has been extremely rude to me and now he won't speak to me at all.
    I approached his superior who frankly didn't give a damn and I'm left with steam coming out of my ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    This, and people pronouncing Thursday as Thersday, or worse Tersday.

Cunts that call Ireland Areland. Fcuk right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Waiting on new washing machine and had to take day off work to prep for it.

Removed the old one to the middle of the kitchen as they said they would take the old one back so happy days! Said would be with me early afternoon. PERFECT said I.

Then I'm waiting in and nothing.. 2 PM comes and nothing, So and I ring them.

Oh good news Sir, we delivered it already at 9am..., to the old man next door to you, you didn't answer the door and he was in his garden so...

Yes 'Good news' indeed, now how the f$%k as I suppose to get it from the house next door into my own and what the hell am I supposed to do with the old one that they were suppose to take back!

Grr pissed off now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

god's toy wrote: »
    what the hell am I supposed to do with the old one that they were suppose to take back!
    Give it to the neighbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Give it to the neighbour.

Love it !

The part that bugs me most is it's only the bushes in the motor that are worn and can be replaced for very little money, the thing is perfect apart from that. But the wife being the wife seen the sparks under the unit and demanded a new one regardless of what can be fixed or not...

I know a lot of DIYers out there will say it's perfectly fine to replace the bushes and go on but tell my wife that as "it was a washing machine that burned down my friends house" years ago... grrr all I know is my back WILL be f&^*ing killing me over the next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Evian98

Childminder allowed my son to nap until 5pm...........he was up until 11pm last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wardling

It bugs me that the word 'palindrome' isn't an actual palindrome. Someone missed a trick with that one.

I mean why not call it a palinilap? Dromemord? Navan?....anything! It should have been an example of itself.

Anyway there's my trivial annoyance of the day out of my system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being taken to task on a page for posting and instead of a comma(according to them):confused:
    another one saying that the way I wrote the post made her think I was referring to another series, tho what I was referring too was less than 5 mins before the end of the show they supposedly just watched.

:mad:
    :rolleyes:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When the barista makes a fancy shape on top of my coffee and I have to ruin it by stirring in the sugar.
    Rarely does anyone indicate on the roundabouts on the Quay in Waterford. It is the ultimate game of Guess my Exit. Luckily some kind of sixth sense has prevailed with me so far but it would serve someone right if someone drove out under them :(
    Some dirtbird left a babies nappy in the hospital carpark today, and guess who drove over it to park ?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

RTE whingers - a lot of broadcast industry experts on boards seemingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Thinking you have money till PENDING transactions come and steal away your dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭storker

Broadcasters for inserting pauses where there shouldn't be any (RTE reporters basically), that stupid opening/closing hands gesture (RTE again), inability to pronounce th's (too numerous to list).

A special mention to one of the Newstalk presenters this morning, for pronouncing poignant as "POYGnant". Like someone from Brookyn saying "pregnant" heh, heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

^^

An old RTE newsreader favourite.."the Brishish Prime Minister"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

People who say historic when they mean historical, happens a lot in the Irish Independent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement