Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My sense of humour

When in an otherwise nice, established, clean housing estate there is one house with a grade A knacker still staying at home with his auld pair bringing down the tone of the whole place by his boy racer, spoiler-heavy, tinted windscreen, revved-up piece-of-crap excuse for a car.

They actually think they're fashionable with those big alloy wheels, spoilers and the like as they rev it up disturbing the peace of everybody else. The levels of awful muppetry among the boy racer crowd is shocking - spending money putting a horn than makes weird sounds and tunes makes me cry with cringe. Ineffably awful. How can these people in their quest to be "cool" be so blind to what uncouth, complete socio-economic dregs their toys identify them as?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When in an otherwise nice, established, clean housing estate there is one house with a grade A knacker still staying at home with his auld pair bringing down the tone of the whole place by his boy racer, spoiler-heavy, tinted windscreen, revved-up piece-of-crap excuse for a car.

They actually think they're fashionable with those big alloy wheels, spoilers and the like as they rev it up disturbing the peace of everybody else. The levels of awful muppetry among the boy racer crowd is shocking - spending money putting a horn than makes weird sounds and tunes makes me cry with cringe. Ineffably awful. How can these people in their quest to be "cool" be so blind to what uncouth, complete socio-economic dregs their toys identify them as?

Socio economic dregs? They can afford to replace their tyres every two days. They're not too badly off.
    Annoying barstewards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

You leave work on time, for me I do 8:30 to 5 and get sniggering comments, oh Mike doing a halfday lol??? 
    Go to the lifts meet someone else, oh Mike, grand for you haha
    Oh you Oscar Wilde you, Ireland's greatest wit

It's one of these things some people think it sharp and witty but actually you just get on my ignore list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Foxes deciding to have a ride in our garden in the middle of the night (at least that is what I think they were up to. The noise of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

At the ATM

- Enter Cash Amount. 20 40 50 60 80 100
    - I select 20
    - Next screen says "Enter amount multiples of 50 only.
    - Click OK
    - Back to Enter Cash Amount 20 40 50 60 80 100

Just tell me you only have 50's before I put my card in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Sunday morning. Absolutely beautiful day. Barely a car on the road. Stopped at traffic lights which were red (obviously) turned for a split second to speak to my passenger when the car behind me holds their hand down on the horn.

I look in my rear view mirror and the front seat passenger is making hand gestures on me to go on and telling me to get off the phone.

Riiiiight. Not even a clue where my phone is pal and you need to take it handy before you give yourself a heart attack.

Oh. And tell your driver there to get her lights aligned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Sunday morning. Absolutely beautiful day. Barely a car on the road. Stopped at traffic lights which were red (obviously) turned for a split second to speak to my passenger when the car behind me holds their hand down on the horn.

I look in my rear view mirror and the front seat passenger is making hand gestures on me to go on and telling me to get off the phone.

Riiiiight. Not even a clue where my phone is pal and you need to take it handy before you give yourself a heart attack.

Oh. And tell your driver there to get her lights aligned.

Please tell me you drove off at about 10mph...

Colser wrote: »
    Please tell me you drove off at about 10mph...

I stuck my hands out of the top of the car and laughed and waved at him.

Then drove off at 10mph.

• Advertisement

Furry blueberries when you've made your porridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Colser wrote: »
    Furry blueberries when you've made your porridge.

Sounds like a medical condition ;)

everlast75 wrote: »
    Sounds like a medical condition ;)

Step back...it's contagious 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Forgetting a towel when you go to take a shower..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was looking forward to doing some gardening, earlier on, but I had hoped for a lovely few hours filled with birdsong. Instead, there's some sort of rally going on nearby, and the only thing I hear is revving engines non-stop, LOUD ONES, too. I turned on the radio to drown out some of the noise and, lo and behold, an ultralight started flying overhead. End of gardening, so, I can take a hint (or ten). :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Guys that have photos taken of themselves adjusting their ties as they look into the camera (as if they were looking into a mirror).

That really bugs me. I don't know why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Lying out in the sun and a wee green fly (or something) goes in your ear. Jesus, the noise they make in there....and the noise I made freaking out trying to get the wee blighter out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I took €180 out of an AIB atm as I had rent and bills to pay. When I went to pay the rent, I realised I didn't have €180 in my wallet. I had walked away from the atm without it :eek: Went back to the atm in a huge panic and no surprise, it wasn't there. I am with BOI and after lots of phonecalls and a week thinking I had lost the money, it was put back into my account. Happy days :D

Four days later they put the money in again. I rang the bank straight away as I knew they would realise their mistake at some stage and come looking for it. It's been nearly two weeks now and the money is still sitting in my account, taunting me to spend it :o I wish they would take it back so I don't have to see it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

^^^ So what exactly happened your money, where did it go?!? :confused::)

Costs of running a car. Just remembered Tax is due. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Evian98

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I took €180 out of an AIB atm as I had rent and bills to pay. When I went to pay the rent, I realised I didn't have €180 in my wallet. I had walked away from the atm without it :eek: Went back to the atm in a huge panic and no surprise, it wasn't there. I am with BOI and after lots of phonecalls and a week thinking I had lost the money, it was put back into my account. Happy days :D

Four days later they put the money in again. I rang the bank straight away as I knew they would realise their mistake at some stage and come looking for it. It's been nearly two weeks now and the money is still sitting in my account, taunting me to spend it :o I wish they would take it back so I don't have to see it there.

That is what "bittersweet" means!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

This isn't a trivial thing its a major thing to be angry about, I am sick to death of people who fly tip. People who just dump their unwanted crap at the sides of roads, up country lanes and in rural beauty spots are the scum of the earth and aren't worth the air they breathe

^^^ So what exactly happened your money, where did it go?!? :confused::)

Costs of running a car. Just remembered Tax is due. :/
    If you don't take your money out of the machine within 30/40 seconds, the machine takes it back and puts it into a separate compartment. When they check the atm, they will notice that there is extra money and wait for the eejet who didn't take it to contact them. Thankfully the atm I used is very quiet. I was lucky there wasn't someone in the queue who simply pocketed the money.

If you don't take your money out of the machine within 30/40 seconds, the machine takes it back and puts it into a separate compartment. When they check the atm, they will notice that there is extra money and wait for the eejet who didn't take it to contact them. Thankfully the atm I used is very quiet. I was lucky there wasn't someone in the queue who simply pocketed the money.

That's brilliant..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thebe wrote: »
    At the ATM

- Enter Cash Amount. 20 40 50 60 80 100
    - I select 20
    - Next screen says "Enter amount multiples of 50 only.
    - Click OK
    - Back to Enter Cash Amount 20 40 50 60 80 100

Just tell me you only have 50's before I put my card in.

Do you want a receipt? Yes.
    Are you sure you want a receipt? Banks in Ireland are saving the environment: Yes

Sorry, we don't have any receipts.

It actually automatically goes back into your account. Even without contacting them.

Do you want a receipt? Yes.
    Are you sure you want a receipt? Banks in Ireland are saving the environment: Yes

Sorry, we don't have any receipts.

Ta that receipts are probably coated in BPA and I never knew it:
    http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/avoid-bpa-exposure-from-cash-register-receipts.htm

It actually automatically goes back into your account. Even without contacting them.

AIB lied to me so. They told me the machine takes the money back but doesn't automatically put it back into your account. I was told to contact BOI who would then contact AIB and they would check the machine. The usual bank run around but at least I got my money back.

AIB lied to me so. They told me the machine takes the money back but doesn't automatically put it back into your account. I was told to contact BOI who would then contact AIB and they would check the machine. The usual bank run around but at least I got my money back.

Yeh that's bollox.

It's happened me twice (yes, I'm stupid).

Second time I thought I'd actually lost the money and chalked it down to bad luck. About six months later there was a thing on the news about BOI not refunding people whose money had been taken back into the machine and a week or so later I got a letter of apology and yhe refund back in my account. It was a BOI machine and TSB account.

I'd say that has something to do with why you got it back twice.

Edit: 7 years. Jaysus I'm getting old.

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.rte.ie/amp/133565/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

When your doing the speed limit and someone zooms past you.

5 mins later your stuck behind them doing 20km on a secondary road. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Yeh that's bollox.

I'd say that has something to do with why you got it back twice.

We need more straight talking logic posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement