Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭jacool

I went to a really important meeting with my doctor an hour ago, and he had a coffee stain on his shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

jacool wrote: »
    I went to a really important meeting with my doctor an hour ago, and he had a coffee stain on his shirt.

Once he doesn't perform surgery, I wouldn't be too worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Angron wrote: »
    People standing at pedestrian crossing lights, and they start hammering the button. "Beep" every second or two, as if this somehow going to actually make a difference to how quickly the lights will change.

Even worse when its at a crossing with a countdown timer showing you there's only about 15 seconds til the lights change anyway. Do they think repeatedly hitting the button speeds up the timer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The next person to say ''Stylee'' is getting stabbed with a pointy shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

cold sores :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Spudgun wrote: »
    cold sores :(

The absolute worst!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Am sick of dreading going into Shops n' Supermarkets to have to contend with hordes of loved-up Couples cheerily sauntering around the place holding hands etc. and me the gimp walking around on my own like a lost puppy. Not everyone's in Couples like, have a bit of diplomacy for Single peeps! :pac::p. And actually I think the likes of Tesco and Lidl should have half the week devoted to or in celebration of Singletons! A place where Singletons won't have to look at Mary Poppins couples all the time! :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My odd fear of boats
    Looking at photos of cruise ships gives me shivers, even seeing animated drawings of a large ship makes me uncomfortable. When I'm in dunlaoirge and there's all those boats esp ones with sails, I feel queasy.
    There's a video just there on the lad bible of a little girl trying to get the boat to honk its horn and my heart was in my mouth just watching it. I used to do rowing and I don't mind seeing those boats or like speed boats.

But barges, sail boats, cruise ships etc its completely irrational but I get a lump in my chest looking at them. Very annoying as there's no reason for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Annoying Flies buzzing around the place. Buzz off! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Muppets who think they are billy big balls on here. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

I'm in hospital right now and what annoys me is people bringing in their radios and playing it loudly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭Melisandre121

Those articles that make you click onto the next page to get the rest of the article.. and the next.. and the next.. instead of just letting you scroll.

Arggghhhgghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Those articles that make you click onto the next page to get the rest of the article.. and the next.. and the next.. instead of just letting you scroll.

Arggghhhgghhh
    I agree and automatic sideshows where you only get to read once sentence before it skips on. Do they think we can't click on the mouse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Am sick of dreading going into Shops n' Supermarkets to have to contend with hordes of loved-up Couples cheerily sauntering around the place holding hands etc. and me the gimp walking around on my own like a lost puppy. Not everyone's in Couples like, have a bit of diplomacy for Single peeps! :pac::p. And actually I think the likes of Tesco and Lidl should have half the week devoted to or in celebration of Singletons! A place where Singletons won't have to look at Mary Poppins couples all the time! :pac: :D
    What annoys me is the fact that they take up so much space walking two abreast and move so slowly while holding hands. GET OUT OF MY WAY.

Being single is great though, a trip to Aldi is a lightning raid....

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at the bang of garlic off me today even though I scrubbed my teeth and gargled with mouth wash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

smilerf wrote: »
    I'm in hospital right now and what annoys me is people bringing in their radios and playing it loudly

Self entitled gits.
    No excuse for it, especially in this day and age (Did I actually just say that)
    When almost every device for has the ability to accomadate ear phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The dogs are nice and quiet out rambling around the back yard until I get into the shower, then they start Barking their heads off ,at nothing probably

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Following on from hospital TAs
    - the person who hogs the tv remote and watches the news loud enough for 4 wards down to listen in
    - the snorer
    - the person who spends all day ringing people to tell them where they are and what the doctors have been saying
    - being woken up at 6am to have blood pressure taken, even more annoying is when they boom in your ear.
    - when they were rough putting in the iv line and there's blood coming into the tube and they've to keep flushing it each time making you want to rip it out and punch her in the face

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

One of the cats came into the room this morning, farted and then left. It was rotten. She done it on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Arggghhhgghhh

256 pictures of things about to go horribly wrong...picture 255 will AMAZE you.

If it's so amazing, why isn't it the first picture!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Reading about all these lads what can drink 30 pints or whatever in a day....and heres me flutiered after 2 and a half pints :/

I know theres nothing wrong with being a lightweight etc... But jesus this is ridcolus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Those things you mean to do but keep slipping your mind, until it may be too late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Reading about all these lads what can drink 30 pints or whatever in a day....and heres me flutiered after 2 and a half pints :/

I know theres nothing wrong with being a lightweight etc... But jesus this is ridcolus

Better value for money in been a light weight. Imagine having to drink that much to get a buzz? That's a lot of trips to the loo too.

My TA that I am not sitting somewhere (anywhere!) having a nice beer and chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

You are expecting an important phone call on your mobile, and each time you answer it a number of times, it's some other gobsh|te or gombeen or another with some trivial worthless tattle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Another hospital TA:

The fact I'm in hospital, bedridden and they want me to go to their school.
    And the fact I'm being moved out of pediatrics and into an adult ward.
    And I think I'm being kept tomorrow too
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Another hospital TA:

The fact I'm in hospital, bedridden and they want me to go to their school.
    And the fact I'm being moved out of pediatrics and into an adult ward.
    And I think I'm being kept tomorrow too
    :(

I assumed everyone on boards was over eighteen...is this not the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I drank all the drinks, ate all the foods and now my face looks like this:

9fb0ff04debf80d2f6af228cbd799fa6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

People who don't walk in a straight line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

eisenberg1 wrote: »

No, don't know why you would assume that. In saying that I am pushing 40 but am aware there are younger members (there are Junior Cert and Leaving Cert forums as an e.g. so frequented by teenagers primarily).

TA'd that I'm pushing 40 already. I remember a time I thought 30 was ancient!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

eisenberg1 wrote: »

I know two other users under 18, probably more in the junior and leaving cert forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement