Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

FYI - Terms of use has the minium age at 13
    4. Who can join boards.ie?

4.1. People under 13:

boards.ie is not directed at children younger than 13 and therefore children under the age of 13 are not permitted to view this site.
    We cannot guarantee that all content on the site will be suitable for persons under the age of 18.
    4.2. People aged between 13 and 18:

You are only permitted to register as a user of boards.ie and post Material if you are aged 18 or over. If you are aged 13 years or over but under the age of 18 you must obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian before registering as a user of boards.ie. Any person who registers as a user of boards.ie represents that they are either 18 years of age or older or that they are 13 years or over and have obtained the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Boards.ie Limited cannot and is not required to verify the age of users of the site. Boards.ie Limited hereby notifies you that by posting Material on the website you hereby undertake that you are over the either age of 18 or that you are 13 years or over and have obtained the consent of a parent or legal guardian each time you post a comment.
    If you are under the age of 18 you may not access forums which are flagged as unsuitable for minors. Access to these forums is restricted to paying subscribers who must be over the age of 18.
    If you are aged 13 or over but under the age of 18 you must obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian each time you post Material on Boards.ie.

It's slightly TA that I know this, probably responsible, but a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Don't want to sound racist but nurses from India. Can't understand a word of what they are saying

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭cbreeze

smilerf wrote: »
    I'm in hospital right now and what annoys me is people bringing in their radios and playing it loudly

... and equally as bad is the TV in the ward left playing loudly. I was visiting the father in hospital one day and there was the TV blaring and nobody looking at it. I got a chair, stood up on it, and switched the dammed thing off (so the person who usually hogged the remote could not get the TV on again):D

Hope you won't be in there too much longer, OP, and get well soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

smilerf wrote: »
    Don't want to sound racist but nurses from India. Can't understand a word of what they are saying

How do you know where they are from?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    How do you know where they are from?:D

One of my Indian in laws is hard to understand when you're not used to her accent. I wouldn't have been able to tell a Pakistani accent (nevermind regional accents) from an Indian one, or North Indian from South Indian accents, when I first met her. And I'd miss at least a couple of words every few sentences, at first. It's a bit like people being unsure whether someone's American or Canadian..I love the accents, all of them, but I'm afraid I couldn't understand some of them, it can't be helped :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

cbreeze wrote: »
    ... and equally as bad is the TV in the ward left playing loudly. I was visiting the father in hospital one day and there was the TV blaring and nobody looking at it. I got a chair, stood up on it, and switched the dammed thing off (so the person who usually hogged the remote could not get the TV on again):D

Hope you won't be in there too much longer, OP, and get well soon.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Just incinerated a pizza by accidentally turning the oven upto 220. Crust is black and hard as a rock. Topping well burned too. Into the bin and try something more basic this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

GMSA wrote: »
    Just incinerated a pizza by accidentally turning the oven upto 220. Crust is black and hard as a rock. Topping well burned too. Into the bin and try something more basic this time.

What is more basic than pizza :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

What is more basic than pizza :confused:

Pot Noodle. Can't mess up a Pot Noodle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I have a REALLY annoying tickle in my throat which means I'm clearing my throat every few minutes and I know I'm driving people mad but I have to clear it.

People not ringing you back when they said they would.
    I have made TWELVE phone calls to Bord Gais regarding a problem with my bill. Each time they promise to call me back and they don't.
    I'm now emailing their HQ to complain and demand money towards my phone bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

No, don't know why you would assume that. In saying that I am pushing 40 but am aware there are younger members (there are Junior Cert and Leaving Cert forums as an e.g. so frequented by teenagers primarily).

TA'd that I'm pushing 40 already. I remember a time I thought 30 was ancient!!!

I obviously made a mistake. I thought I read something on boards sometime in the past which gave that impression. I would not be looking at junior or leaving cert forums, so that would explain a lot. I know I wouldn't have been as free with some of my comments if I thought younger teenager was reading them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I know I wouldn't have been as free with some of my comments if I thought younger teenager was reading them.

You've traumatised me with some of your posts :eek:

:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That explains a lot, Shannon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

This site :rolleyes:

I had a frantic scramble through my memory of my posts and I think I haven't posted any filth or corruption..then I remembered I could've corrupted a nun at 16/17 so it's probably fine anyway..

TA at someone saying ''It's addicting''

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA my job right now. My Line manager is an a hole and has been treating me like sh!t when I complained to his boss he couldn't have been any less interested. I'm feeling really fed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Blaas, I love em but they are a nightmare to buy. They are so hard to wrestle apart from each other without looking like I am mauling them all and I always end up destroyed in flour by the time I manage to get them into a bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Academics at work that have serious superiority complexes - m***ts!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,471 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Jrop wrote: »
    TA my job right now. My Line manager is an a hole and has been treating me like sh!t when I complained to his boss he couldn't have been any less interested. I'm feeling really fed up.

Hi Jrop, Can you come and see me in my office please.

TA, that my ungrateful underlings don't respect my authority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Linked in profiles that are polluted with wankerish statements like:

"I lead with a consultative approach to ensure deliverance of effective solutions to new and existing clientele.
    It is with great passion I leverage comprehensive communication skills with the core belief of delivering exceptional
    customer service in all phases of commerce"

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »

"I lead with a consultative approach to ensure deliverance of effective solutions to new and existing clientele.
    It is with great passion I leverage comprehensive communication skills with the core belief of delivering exceptional

TA by the above nonsensical words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I dropped my glasses on the loo floor at work. And of course they went under the partition in to the next cubicle. Which was occupied.
    So had to wait around awkwardly while someone finished their business....Glasses will never be clean enough again.

Push the envelope, run it up the flagpole, float the idea. Aghhh.

TA by corporate speak, it's complete B*ll*x

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

One of my chocolate digestives fell in my coffee. Damn you gravity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

One of my chocolate digestives fell in my coffee. Damn you gravity.

I was leaning over for something and I completely submerged my work ID card in my coffee.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Trying to explain to someone who works in a English speaking IT company who has no English what so ever !!!!!

How do they get the jobs ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Trying to explain to someone who works in a English speaking IT company who has no English what so ever !!!!!

How do they get the jobs ?.

They probably did the interview in a programming language.

Ah c'mon, that joke is at least a C++....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

They probably did the interview in a programming language.

Ah c'mon, that joke is at least a C++....

To make it worse there doing English Inside IT sales.

Had another come there who sells our product asking me how do i download firefox ?. As thats double dutch to me :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People using "it does what it says on the tin" in everyday conversations. It is f**king galling.

I then heard today, the soon to be editor of the Times saying on the radio that he was working for them for over 20 years so, when it came to him, it was a case of "the Ronseal effect"?

Jesus wept...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement