Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sharing a floor with HR women who always go to the bathroom in packs, meaning that they'll completely block it up for 20 minutes at a time :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Not able to get a wheelchair to get around. Guess it's bed for the rest of the day so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Finding out a bit of information about someone and then thinking less of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭storker

gramar wrote: »
    L"...It is with great passion I leverage comprehensive communication skills with the core belief of delivering exceptional"

"Passion" seems to have become the latest meaningless buzzword. I'm waiting for someone like Dynorod to say they are "passionate about blocked drains." I wouldn't be surprised if Tesco is looking for people who "have a passion for scanning groceries."

I don't know if it's the misuse of the word that's annoying, or the assumption that we will fall for this nonsense.

Personally, I'd prefer to see professionalism over passion. Passion waxes and wanes, but professionalism is more constant. I'm reminded of a quote from Lawrence of Arabia, where Prince Faisal tells the journalist, "With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is simply good manners. I leave it to you to judge which motive is the more reliable..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Meaningless meetings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People calling onto private property. I have two incidents I'm annoyed about, both occurred in the past two weeks both in my home house during the day. The first one, my dogs were outside and I heard a car driving down the drive. I don't live here anymore so knew the caller wasn't for me, so had no plans on answering the door. The dogs were going mad. He sounded the horn and I figured whoever it was was afraid of the dogs and would feck off so still didn't go outside. I listened though and there was no sign of hearing the car leave. I think wtf, after about 5 minutes of ignoring the car, I went and opened the door to find this man hanging out the window trying to shoo the dogs away. He started laughing when he saw me and made a joke he was afraid of the dogs. I had my resting bitchface on because I wasn't happy I had to go to the door in the first place. He flashed some sort of card at me from his car saying he was with whatever company he was with and would I be interested in buying kitchenware. No thanks I'm not, goodbye. "Is the woman herself there?" Excuse me?!? "The boss woman". I am the boss. "No the older lady". Now my mother was early 40s when she died, so sucks to be her if that's who he was referring to but my mother, or indeed any other woman, hasn't been around here for the past 11 years, so i doubt it was her he was talking about. Goodbye now.

2nd was this morning. Called out to check my brothers animals and do a bit of hoovering for him. I left my keys in the back door because I was going in and out and was afraid I'd get locked out. Heard someone drive in. Ignored it. Few minutes later I came downstairs, there's a neighbour standing on the floor. He had drove around the house, saw my car, let himself in and made himself at home. He's a nice man but I'm still fuming.

Why are people calling during the day? Surely people would be at work. I would never dream of letting myself into someone's home. Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Jrop wrote:
    TA by corporate speak, it's complete B*ll*x

TA by those in the thread who are just not on message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Robsweezie wrote: »
    TA by those in the thread who are just not on message

They have to play ball going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Trivially annoyed by the fact that I spent the entire day (up until now) thinking it was Friday and now I've been reminded that it is actually Thursday and I have to get up early again tomorrow.

Also, the "Friday treat" I bought myself (Chicken fillet roll) was horrible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

storker wrote: »
    "Passion" seems to have become the latest meaningless buzzword. I'm waiting for someone like Dynorod to say they are "passionate about blocked drains." I wouldn't be surprised if Tesco is looking for people who "have a passion for scanning groceries."

I don't know if it's the misuse of the word that's annoying, or the assumption that we will fall for this nonsense.

Personally, I'd prefer to see professionalism over passion. Passion waxes and wanes, but professionalism is more constant. I'm reminded of a quote from Lawrence of Arabia, where Prince Faisal tells the journalist, "With Major Lawrence, mercy is a passion. With me it is simply good manners. I leave it to you to judge which motive is the more reliable..."

The whole profile is utter business speak drivel but the word passion and how it was used (it is with great passion) certainly stuck out. It reminded me of that verse used in Pulp Fiction "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA at myself for being so cranky today. I feel like throwing a tantrum it might make me feel better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

ace_irl wrote: »
    Trivially annoyed by the fact that I spent the entire day (up until now) thinking it was Friday and now I've been reminded that it is actually Thursday and I have to get up early again tomorrow.

Also, the "Friday treat" I bought myself (Chicken fillet roll) was horrible!

On the brightside - you can try again with the Friday treat for something delicious \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Jrop wrote: »
    TA at myself for being so cranky today. I feel like throwing a tantrum it might make me feel better

Nothing better for stress relief than going postal on someone IMO. Only if they deserve it of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Friends, not even close friends, booking in an appointment and then asking how much it's going to cost. It's going to cost the same price as it costs everyone else. I don't get this. If my friend started their own business I would support their business because they're my friend, not go looking for freebies. She's not the only one to do it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Friends, not even close friends, booking in an appointment and then asking how much it's going to cost. It's going to cost the same price as it costs everyone else. I don't get this. If my friend started their own business I would support their business because they're my friend, not go looking for freebies. She's not the only one to do it either.

yes, totally agree. people can be right twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

yup got talking to this what I thought was a nice American man (nothing funny going on) added him as a friend on fb.
    All going well until yesterday he makes a nasty xenophobic comment, TA that I thought he was a decent man

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Women who burst into floods of tears when they're happy about something very minor. Fanning themselves with a hand flap and saying''Oh my God!'' like they need a paper bag to hyperventilate into, or a shot of horse tranquiliser. I'm glad you're happy but I can't be dealing with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

people complaining about having to walk 25 minutes to work and back because of the bus strike

a whole 25 minutes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

people complaining about having to walk 25 minutes to work and back because of the bus strike

a whole 25 minutes

Well, if they have to do it in high heels I can probably understand it.

My TA buzzword is 'challenge'. Everything seems to be a 'challenge' - people seem to 'love a challenge'. :rolleyes: Still, every time I hear that word I can't help but picture two men about to enter into a duel, or even a joust, over some offence one caused the other. That, or the Challenger Space Shuttle that exploded on launch in 1986. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm in foul humour today and am sick of how people act and don't care how it affects others.
    I'm wrecked as well and not in the mood to work or do anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

13.5 hours door to door today from work.

Yeah! Work!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Card declined for a stupid €8 purchase that I probably didn't even need anyway.

What the f*ck? There's definitely money in there.

Hop in the car, drive on down to the ATM, lo and behold, card works first time.

Now regretting not driving back up to give a massive f*ck you to the cashier and show her that it's her stupid machine that's broken and not my card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

kerryked wrote: »
    Card declined for a stupid €8 purchase that I probably didn't even need anyway.

What the f*ck? There's definitely money in there.

Hop in the car, drive on down to the ATM, lo and behold, card works first time.

Now regretting not driving back up to give a massive f*ck you to the cashier and show her that it's her stupid machine that's broken and not my card.

Did you tap it?

Sometimes it randomly declines the contactless payments and makes you stick it in.

Oooooh matron.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

People that tap your arm everytime they speak*

*Does anyone actually know why they do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

People that finish your sentences... TA that I do it all.the.time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Did you tap it?

Sometimes it randomly declines the contactless payments and makes you stick it in.

Oooooh matron.

TA that I'm having difficulty remembering my pin number when this happens due to mainly tapping...a lot to be said for just sticking it in more often.😛

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Colser wrote: »
    TA that I'm having difficulty remembering my pin number when this happens due to mainly tapping...a lot to be said for just sticking it in more often.😛

Maybe it needed a good hard shove?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,441 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

There is an advert on 96FM were they get people from Cork to say Cork and my annoyance revolves around incorrect pronunciation.

It drives me absolutely around the bend when fellow Corkonians pounce Cork as Cark. And it happens so fecking often in the advert.

It's spelt with a fooking "O" not an "A". :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

73Cat wrote: »
    Blaas, I love em but they are a nightmare to buy. They are so hard to wrestle apart from each other without looking like I am mauling them all and I always end up destroyed in flour by the time I manage to get them into a bag.

TA that I now live in the arse end of Tipperary and can't get blaas!!!
    Miss the Deise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Waiting, waiting, waiting for a response to an e-mail...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement