Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

Samsgirl wrote: »
    TA that I now live in the arse end of Tipperary and can't get blaas!!!
    Miss the Deise

I thought the arse end of Tipp stuck into Waterford.

TA'ed I tried blaas once- waste of money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

TA I don't know what blaas is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

snowflaker wrote: »
    I thought the arse end of Tipp stuck into Waterford.

TA'ed I tried blaas once- waste of money!

Heathen

I live at the Limerick / Tipp arse end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Shannon757 wrote: »
    TA I don't know what blaas is.

Here ya go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Push the envelope, run it up the flagpole, float the idea. Aghhh.
    My favourite line ever was from Stuart Baggs on The Apprentice - "I'm not a one trick pony, I'm a FIELD of ponies" :pac:

Poor guy died of an asthma attack at only 27 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Adults who make a big deal about their birthdays. I have this mate who's girlfriend every year turns her birthday into an almost month long procession of forced celebration. My god.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I'm after buying a Loaf of Bread and 2 Bags of Ritchie's After Dinner Mints. €5.07. 5 feicing euro!! A whole fiver gone on bread and 2 bags of Mints!! And to add insult to Injury with this rounding craic they got to keep an extra three feicing cent on me when I handed over €5.10!! Very trivial I know but still.

Also lads on online profiles saying they are careing. Forfeicsake learn to spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm after buying a Loaf of Bread and 2 Bags of Ritchie's After Dinner Mints. €5.07. 5 feicing euro!! A whole fiver gone on bread and 2 bags of Mints!! And to add insult to Injury with this rounding craic they got to keep an extra three feicing cent on me when I handed over €5.10!! Very trivial I know but still.

Also lads on online profiles saying they are careing. Forfeicsake learn to spell.

They have the rounding arseways. They should have given you back 5c.

Christ almighty these people really are in the darkest part of the Dark Ages.

I'm after buying a Loaf of Bread and 2 Bags of Ritchie's After Dinner Mints.

That's like my granny's shopping list from 1946.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Wtf did I just read? I have to admit I'm a bit tipsy right now so wasn't paying too close attention to the link I clicked and I thought this being AH it would be light hearted but that is just wft??? Seriously did I just read that right. To get back with your first husband you have to have a temporary marriage to another guy who sleeps with your? That's fifty shades of ****ed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm TA because I get caught up with minor details like..why did they use a photo of a woman's hands with Mehndi on them, for that article. It's not, afaik, banned by Islam, but I doubt it would be worn at any wedding/marriage/divorce related situations. Such a stupid thing to even notice, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Adults who make a big deal about their birthdays. I have this mate who's girlfriend every year turns her birthday into an almost month long procession of forced celebration. My god.

Give her a cent a day for that month for her birthday. She'll realise how small it actually is in the grand scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

TA'd when I want to apply for a job and your website makes me fill up several pages. Having to select my country and then it doesn't recognise my college as it's all American anyway. I have a high school diploma now too , well it's the only option you gave

And at end I upload my CV. Why can't the HR person just read my CV and not have me wasting 20 minutes?

And then for the next company I have to do it all again...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I hear ya Mikemac2. TA when applying for a job you get an email saying we will only reply to successful candidates.
    it drives me mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

I want to go to the school but I have to wait for the doctors to make their rounds :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by headlines showing that so and so off some reality tv show got a tattoo. TA that in order to have any level of 'fame' you have to thick as two short planks, have fake boobs, nose, lips and deny that you've had 'work' done.
    Posing naked at every opportunity and calling photographer to capture you on the beach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ran out of dressings for my wound. 1 side is leaking green goo and the other side (the smaller side) was the less sore side and the side I was missing a dressing on when I was getting dressed. As I have physio, i said I'd throw on a sock and it'd be grand as the weepy side is covered. Dumbo here though ended up pulling the clear looking string getting my sock on and omfgsweetbabycheesus the actual agony.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'll never eat pea soup ever again after readin that Lexie :D

Or cheesecake bap. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Stuck behind a car today with "BABY ON BOARD please be patient" sign on the back window.

F OFF!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Parchment wrote: »
    Stuck behind a car today with "BABY ON BOARD please be patient" sign on the back window.

F OFF!

I got stuck behind a taxi driver creeping alone looking for a fare. He only sped up when a light turned orange 15 meters ahead of him and he had to try beat the light.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭storker

Parchment wrote: »
    "BABY ON BOARD"

Translation: "Driver allowing self to be distracted by kid when attention should be on driving, and thinks you are a crash-happy maniac who can be persuaded to 'think of the children'. Rear view also partially obstructed by this stupid sign."

Jrop wrote: »
    I hear ya Mikemac2. TA when applying for a job you get an email saying we will only reply to successful candidates.
    it drives me mad

That one hits my mental button too. You'd think we were back in the bloody 80's. Some muppets don't seem to realise e-mails don't actually require a stamp, or that each applicant doesn't need to be e-mailed individually.

For anyone out there who doesn't already know, here's one way to do it...
    • Create a list of the e-mail addresses of all the applicants as they come in.
    • When the successful applicants have been chosen, remove them from the list.
    • Write a "you have been unsuccessful" e-mail.
    • Send it with no recipient, but with all the addresses remaining on the list in the BCC field.

Ran out of dressings for my wound. 1 side is leaking green goo and the other side (the smaller side) was the less sore side and the side I was missing a dressing on when I was getting dressed. As I have physio, i said I'd throw on a sock and it'd be grand as the weepy side is covered. Dumbo here though ended up pulling the clear looking string getting my sock on and omfgsweetbabycheesus the actual agony.

Did you get that looked at yet?

storker wrote: »
    Did you get that looked at yet?
    Appointment on Tuesday, they'll take out the stitches and have a look :)

My TA: discussing an armed raid on a shop with a local shopkeeper. I was getting a crisp sandwich. (95 cent for the crisps, 2 slices of white bread and some butter) shop keeper gave me his number incase anyone ever came into my work to rob me, said to ring him. Then he goes "that'll be 3 euros" for the sandwich.
    Ah stop. Where's his balaclava

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Shannon757 wrote: »
    I want to go to the school but I have to wait for the doctors to make their rounds :mad:

It must be so boring for you :( There's a LOT of waiting around in those places.

My TA: discussing an armed raid on a shop with a local shopkeeper. I was getting a crisp sandwich. (95 cent for the crisps, 2 slices of white bread and some butter) shop keeper gave me his number incase anyone ever came into my work to rob me, said to ring him. Then he goes "that'll be 3 euros" for the sandwich.
    Ah stop. Where's his balaclava

:D Is the shopkeeper also in the ARU? Or would he beat the robbers unconscious with a breakfast roll?

My TA, I didn't sleep much and everything happened at once first thing this morning. Now that I'm more alert, it's quiet.

Check your PMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

storker wrote: »
    Check your PMS.

I think she is in for a leg injury mate, no need for that!

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having to walk 25 mins into town to print off a claim form, my printer is having a melt down with its setting, saying three different and contradictory things are wrong, the company dont have online help and the manual section does not recognise the model number, their fb is down and best of all, so is my phone........, :mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement