Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

Any shampoo/conditioner I use is making my hair greasy much sooner than it would have been previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Beauty bloggers who, when discussing lip products, put said lip product in their mouth as well as on their lips and photograph it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

miezekatze wrote: »
    My cat just had a crazy moment and almost knocked the TV over. As I jumped up to run over there, I knocked over a full glass of water and its contents went over several books, my phone and other stuff on the table. Luckily no real damage was done, but I'm more than trivially annoyed with my cat now.

This is far from a trivial annoyance in my view. My dog just stole some socks off the radiator and they now smell of dog - that's a trivial annoyance. Yours is more a valid cause for apoplectic rage. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

"bliss"

Sitting down with Vogue and three squares of dark chocolate. Bliss!

I'm sorry, while I like a good gawk at Vogue as much as the next person, unless you include a private jets worth of designer narcotics and the lord Jesus himself as my trip guide that is not my idea of bliss. It's a pleasant way to pass an hour and you have a really tame imagination.

So annoyed with myself that I'm craving fizz. Sweet sweet sugary loveliness. I've already had a can of coke today. I want another one so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

Life sucker-outers. :mad:
    You know the ones...they try to take every last little shred of enjoyment out of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭The Young Wan

In a similar vein to the previous comment, people who have to one up you on every success you have.

You've climbed a mountain, they climbed Everest. God almighty, just let me have my win!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

TA that this piece of crap film I'm watching lasted for nearly 3 hours.

It was such a formulaic by the numbers job I was sure it wouldn't last more than about 100 minutes, so I kept watching as I figured there couldn't be long to go. That 'logic' gets even stronger the longer something goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

People, at work, who spend the whole 2 weeks before going on holiday rabbiting on about how good their holiday will be.
    And I know that once they get back it will be another 2 weeks of rabbiting/boasting about what a good time they had.

Sometimes I wish I worked in a soundproof room for which only I had the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

that yogurt makers insist on putting it in a container which has recesses at the bottom, which the yogurt obviously fills, but you can't reach it with your spoon. just a waste

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Bottles of shower gel that invariably contract in the middle preventing the full use of the bottle without mangling it a bit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Game of Thrones spoilers....have some respect people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

TA with all my parents neighbours right now. There are ásshole neighbours who keep their dog chained 24/7, and I used to take her out twice a week (when I lived away from home). Now that I have moved back to the area I take her out every day, make sure she has proper veterinary care, food, treats, blankets etc. I don't mind doing it but what TA's me recently is we have another neighbor who used to take her out twice a week, but now that I am doing it every day, this neighbor doesn't bother anymore! Which means 1. I am stuck doing it now, and have to make alternative arrangements for someone else to take the poor creature out if I cant make it and also (and more annoyingly) 2. why did this neighbor have to stop taking the dog out twice a week? Its not like she's going to die from exertion, or that her legs will wear down from all the walking. Two days a week where she gets two walks is a bonus. Grrr people. Also my ásshole sibling who works nights and therefore can take the dog out during the day but doesn't. And my parents who will walk their own dog but not this one (even though they get on great and love their walks together). Grrr just fúck the fúcking lot of you.

TA: my brother. Works nights. Yeah its a bit shít but tough. What annoys me is any time he is home, we all have to feckin tiptoe around the place in case we wake him "he works nights you know", and its like all he does when he is at home is sleep. OK I know working nights is shít but why does he need to sleep so much? I mean, I don't go home at 6pm and take to the bed until 6am "because I work days" - its exactly the same thing! Fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Blue Skies, Colourful Trees , and nyommy tasty Tangle Twisters. :cool: :) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Blue Skies, Colourful Trees , and nyommy tasty Tangle Twisters. :cool: :) :cool:

Wrong thread perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Wanting to go on a night out and getting Shanghaied into staying at home for a barbie. All well and good, I don't really mind staying at home but I was really looking forward to going out for a few hours. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Offered a low price for a job but I have nothing else on so TA that I may stoop to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Just brought the washing in and noticed that a bird had shat on my top. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

miezekatze wrote: »
    Just brought the washing in and noticed that a bird had shat on my top. :(

Dunno why but that is making rofl so much :D

I was at work recently and a bird shat on my top while I was wearing it! - Very TA'd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

northgirl wrote: »
    Dunno why but that is making rofl so much :D

I was at work recently and a bird shat on my top while I was wearing it!

It's supposed to be lucky or something ridiculous like that!

TA'd that I'm upset over something and want to be the centre of attention but my very good friend has actual real legal drama going on so I feel bad engaging in a pity party for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

House mate doesn't know when to shut the door when he goes to the jacks. I'm in the room across from the toilet and can hear his many trips to there during the night, must have the weakest bladder in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was getting more and more angry because my laptop wouldn't connect to the interactive whiteboard this morning. Turns out I never plugged the connection in. I'm annoyed at my own stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

KatW4 wrote: »
    I was getting more and more angry because my laptop wouldn't connect to the interactive whiteboard this morning. Turns out I never plugged the connection in. I'm annoyed at my own stupidity.

LOL that was like me Sunday morning was very annoyed that my watch had stopped or gone crazy -looked again I had it on upside down :o

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

Badly packed dishwashers. Spoons spooning in the cutlery box. Anything that blocks the rotating arm from doing its job properly.

Cycle finishes and only the top tray has been washed correctly.

Pulling out the top tray first so that any residual water falls on the dry items below.

Trying to educate the people I share a house with about all the above and being blatantly ignored.

The guy behind me this morning who stood on his horn because I didn't fly around the junction on the red as there were cars coming from my right. Like for fúck sake its MY car that will be crashed into if I shoot out there, and likely MY legs that will be taken off in the collision so you can stand on your horn all you want love, aint gonna happen. Leave earlier instead of expecting drivers in front of you to take their lives in their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My 3 and 4 year old thinking that 5.30am is a perfectly reasonable time to get up at this morning and the past few mornings.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I have a little bean bag ball on my desk in work, the 'leather' is starting to peel off it. Boooooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Buying a spanking new car, and the tuner/volume control are on the wrong sides of the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Buying a spanking new car, and the tuner/volume control are on the wrong sides of the radio.
    My car is the same.volume controller is nearer the driver side.I'm used to it but when passengers go to the wrong one it drives me mad,knock the radio off the station every time.I do it in any other car I'm in now but thats ok:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement