Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Taxi drivers who slow down approaching green lights to make an extra euro out of you.
    And then don't press the meter after pulling up to your stop until it goes another 20c up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Time going so slow until finishing on a Friday and then suddenly speeding up for the next 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I tried to break apart two yogurts and they burst basically leaving yogurt and strawberrys everywhere. I had to get a scissors to dispose of them by cutting them apart. Hardly user friendly are they.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I wasn't sure if this has made me happy or annoyed. Someone who seems to really dislike me has (I never fell out with her, but she speaks to me in a clipped, prickly voice), apparently stood up for me in an official capacity. And she went above and beyond. TA that I don't know what's going on and it's strangely embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I let two people out in front of me today. The second one sailed through the amber light and I got stuck on the red FFS

• Advertisement

There are so, so, so many Irishwomen living with horrible, utterly horrible, human beings - like this individual.
    At this point Mr Marrinan stood up and was about to speak when Mr Jahiri reached across to him and punched him in the face.

Blood could be seen coming from counsel's nose.

Mr Jahiri then leapt across the benches before being wrestled to the ground by five prison officers who handcuffed him and took him from the courtroom.

If this is what this person does in an open court, I'd rather not think about what has been happening behind closed doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People trying to take me for a mug, and then getting pi**ed off when they realise I'm wise to them. No. I don't have stupid tattooed on my forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting in the car on my phone, go to check my mirror before driving off. Catch a glimpse of my own reflection and am mortified for my life me walking around all day revealing the state of myself to the world. I usually look like gone off ham anyway but I'm so pale I look like death has vomited me out. I actually got a fright from my own face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Row with the boyfriend now going on 3 days. The texting volleyball is at Olympic standards at this point and everything I say being turned against me. Stubborn people are the worst :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Two people with different versions of a story and I can't decide who's telling the truth.
    So one is being a pure gowl and one is being pure sound and I don't know who's who :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

People who say "lol" out loud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Dogs that I am allergic to. I am not allergic to all dogs thankfully, but one in particular knocks me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

When utility and phone companies cold call you and if you agree to listen to their spiel then want you to confirm your address and date of birth. You rang me FFS on a contact number I provided trying to flog me something I probably don't want so bog off with your security questions. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Taking my washed laundry out of the machine and finding there was a tissue in the pocket of some garment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Having to listen to my neighbours house alarm going off since this morning...the fact that they're not home yet would lead me to the horrifying conclusion that they're gone for the weekend....:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When you open a bag of cereal and it splits and opens all arseways.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

I have a few:
    BF getting up in the morning leaves his on snooze and I always have to get up and turn it off while he's in the shower.
    People who beckon you to their office with a 'come hither' finger motion, ASK me to come in, don't do that. 
    Emails being sent with a request to do something, and after you do said thing, another mail comes in and says 'hold on, dont do anything for now'. Seriously??
    Spilling a perfectly good full glass of wine when you've had one of those days. Actually, spilling wine at any time at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Having to listen to my neighbours house alarm going off since this morning...the fact that they're not home yet would lead me to the horrifying conclusion that they're gone for the weekend....:eek::eek:

Alarm is still. going. off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Alarm is still. going. off.

Jesus. That is the kind of thing that would drive you mad. And not much you can do about it sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jack Reynors voice.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭storker

30-second unskippable adverts before Irish Independent online videos. I've got into the habit of switching to Youtube and searching for the same video there whenever something come sup that I'd like to watch. This morning I did a test...opened Youtube, searched for the video and started watching, then quickly switched back to the Indo. Their ad was still running...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Feeling guilty this am, having a well deserved lie in and feeling guilty that the washing wasn't already on the line already!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Feel like I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I've already met someone giving out about this heat, it's the 8th of April. Fuck all the way off with that shite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Death
    by
    Hayfever.
    :mad: :mad:

And feic this shytey weather. Am so itchy all over feel like I need about 47,000 showers. Am stuffed-up and feel suffocated and can't breathe. :( It's sh1t. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

KKkitty wrote: »
    Feel like I got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Snap :mad:Made myself get up and do loads of jobs and back in bed now. Very bad form, mainly with myself. Hopefully I'll drift off shortly and wake feeling more positive :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Alfa Romeos and the front reg plate off to one side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Kids on bikes on back roads. Roads that there's only enough room for one car.
    They of course have as much right to use the road as a car and I would not expect them to put themselves out needlessly to let a car pass by, but holding the road - as in cycling past a house with ample space to safely pull in to let the car pass instead of continue to cycle in the centre of the road keeping the car behind you.

This mightn't go down well with some people but:

The neighbour's dog constantly - incessantly almost - barking while I'm outside in the garden trying to enjoy the sun in peace. It's not right that such noise pollution is acceptable. But I don't want to fall out with any of my neighbours...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,747 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This mightn't go down well with some people but:

The neighbour's dog constantly - incessantly almost - barking while I'm outside in the garden trying to enjoy the sun in peace. It's not right that such noise pollution is acceptable. But I don't want to fall out with any of my neighbours...

Nothing wrong with saying that at all.

Unfortunately most people will direct the anger at the dog, instead of the owners.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement