Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

Hate all this Hon ****
    Whatever happened to go on or come on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

my neighbours leave a radio blaring in their house any time they are away even during the day when they are at work. the whole place can hear it and not very nice when we are out in our gardens trying to catch some of the nice weather. it's ridiculous I mean their two cars are gone from their driveway a radio is going full blast inside - even the dumbest of burglars would know the house is empty. TA at home insurance companies ads advising people to leave a radio on in the house when they are away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Poured myself a bowl of cornflakes this morning. Went to the fridge, there was no milk. Tried to pour the flakes back into the bag, made an arse of it and most went between the cardboard box and the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

my neighbours leave a radio blaring in their house any time they are away even during the day when they are at work. the whole place can hear it and not very nice when we are out in our gardens trying to catch some of the nice weather. it's ridiculous I mean their two cars are gone from their driveway a radio is going full blast inside - even the dumbest of burglars would know the house is empty. TA at home insurance companies ads advising people to leave a radio on in the house when they are away.

exactly. how would they react if it went on fire. would they pay out. given its their own advice

my TA is dirty dishes in the sink. full sink , you have to take everything out to use it so why fill it up. if you want a glass of water you have to move loads of dirty crap out of the way , usually half full bowls spill water all over the floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

All round to Mrs Browns

Explains why Brexit won

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Anyone know how to make a dog who is missing his mummy take his tablet? Preferably without touching it!
    Poor fella seems depressed and I need to get him to take his meds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wrap it in a piece of ham/push it into a sausage, or a little bit of cheese as long as he's not lactose intolerant.

Thanks - will try that when he wakes up again. Dog has dropped off. Or perhaps just totally taking the piss out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

Winterlong wrote: »
    Anyone know how to make a dog who is missing his mummy take his tablet? Preferably without touching it!
    Poor fella seems depressed and I need to get him to take his meds.

Have always found wrapping it in cheese does the trick.

Thebe wrote: »
    Have always found wrapping it in cheese does the trick.

No cheese in the house but there is ham. Hopefully he will go for that little treat when he wakes up. In the mean time I am sitting here waiting...waiting...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Depending on the dog, peanut butter might work too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If he's sad make a fuss like his mam would. Talk to him tell him how he's a great boy etc etc I think when you're distracting them they're more likely to take it. My eldest is on long term meds and both of them are on vitamins and I call them their sweets and they get sweets just before breakfast, so check in with his mam if he has a routine, he might take it a little easier

Yeah, the dog is definitely sad. He normally seems to be always hungry and loves his tablet - they are sweet or something.
    But when his mum did not come home with us this evening he has just been moping around. His tea is not yet eaten and has not touched his water bowl.
    We have some pedigree chum dentastic things - which is a treat for him. But when I try to give him that or his table he only sniffs at them and then looks at me funny. The ham thing has not worked. No peanut butter in the house either.
    Will keep trying. Could be a long night!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

the best way i have found is to bring round a friend to show them how the dog wont eat the tablet.
    garenteed he will eat it straight away just to prove you wrong

Job done. The dog finally took the tablet from me this morning. Thanks for all the advice.

I don't have any trivial annoyances right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

It's my birthday (which is good :) ) but I have a cold and my nose is running constantly. How much mucus can one person have! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

When you miss a call from someone and you can hear them cursing you out on the voicemail

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Saying to Mr B, "the loop on that lead is broken", he nods.
    Later he holds up the lead saying "the handle on this is broken, why didn't you say?"

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

The "why is this news?" commenters.

Skip the story or start your own paper people!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I feel very anxious. I've never felt like this before.
    I feel jittery and my stomach is fluttering. I have this fear and uneasiness but I wasn't drinking last night so I can't blame that.
    This is horrible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

fussyonion wrote: »
    I feel jittery and my stomach is fluttering. I have this fear and uneasiness but I wasn't drinking last night so I can't blame that.
    This is horrible!

I call that the day before Monday syndrome.
    You'll probably not get much sleep tonight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

On a TV show, 2 people lowering a coffin into a dug grave. Doesn't look like its heavy enough to have a body inside!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People who leave their mcdonalds all over the table and walk out. It takes 10 seconds to throw it in the bin.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

This is horrible!

Panic attack? They are very annoying indeed. The advise I read is that if it gets to the point where you think you're going to die, just remind yourself that you're not going to die. How TA is that :(

This is horrible!

I get the feeling usually before something bad happens. Hate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Insects congregating on motorways.
    I washed the windscreen before setting off yesterday and by the time I got back it had a layer an inch thick of dry insect goo.

Also the expression...'it is what it is'. Even more annoying as I find myself saying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Having to get out of bed -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

On the bus earlier and the upstairs windows were all condensation because nobody had a window open!! Absolutely rank. At least I could open one anyways...

The bus in general is just a massive TA

• Registered Users Posts: 30,441 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Wisdom teeth, had one pulled last week and discovered that I had a fifth wisdom tooth which had fused to the one that was extracted. In absolute ****ing agony and haven't really slept the past couple of days.

So I now have 4 out of 5 gone and the last fecker better not come at me, ever! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

Happy Birthday A_Smurf

TA that I could sleep last night and now I feel nauseous :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement