Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

People gawking into your basket when you're waiting to check out at the supermarket. Drives me mental. Nosy feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

In Aldi:

"We are now opening checkout number four."
    Everybody moves over to checkout number four.
    Two seconds later: "We are now closing checkout number four."
    Followed immediately by: "We are now opening checkout number five."

Happens regularly in my local branch anyway, they seem unable to tell which checkout they should be opening and correct themselves just after everyone has moved across. Feckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

maudgonner wrote: »
    In Aldi:

"We are now opening checkout number four."
    Everybody moves over to checkout number four.
    Two seconds later: "We are now closing checkout number four."
    Followed immediately by: "We are now opening checkout number five."

Happens regularly in my local branch anyway, they seem unable to tell which checkout they should be opening and correct themselves just after everyone has moved across. Feckers.

I had similar on Saturday. Queued at till 3, cashier asks everyone to move to 4, it'll open in a minute. About 6 aul ones jump in front of the whole lot of us! So what should've be a 2 minute queue was then a 10 minute queue and all I had was nappies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

What you buy one of those plastic snack pots of pre-cut pineapple and the bit of juice in them leaks out into your plastic shopping bag, and then the next time you go shopping everything you buy is sticky and smells of pineapple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Itchiness and sore raw eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Sneezing about ten times a day. I know it's a reaction to meds I'm taking, and as reactions go, it's mild, but really TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

When you click on a channel on YouTube and you want to go the video or playlist section of it the page shifts up and you click on an unwanted video.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Thebe

Words like un-truth are TA for me, a lie is a lie.

And more topical, deplaned is either leaving a plane or being forced off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

I've only noticed it lately but when you're on a news site and video is on the screen and you scroll down past the feckin thing follows you
    If I wanted to watch it I wouldn't have scrolled past it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

The phrase "kiddie friendly"
    Just came across it there and really didn't like it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Could have
    Could have
    Could have

It's "have". It's never "of". "Could of" isn't a thing. It's "could have" or "could've". Same goes for "must have" or "would have". Worse still is this nugget; "would of being". No!!! It's "would have been". Every single time I see it written I want to scoop my eyes out with a rusty spoon. Fcuking hell it's so so prevalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

storker wrote: »
    Translation: "Driver allowing self to be distracted by kid when attention should be on driving, and thinks you are a crash-happy maniac who can be persuaded to 'think of the children'. Rear view also partially obstructed by this stupid sign."

The one and only time in all my years of commuting by bike that I very much thought I was going to be killed by an inattentive driver, the car had a baby on board and a princess on board sticker on it.

So every other road user is expected to pay heed to the fact that you have a child on board and act accordingly but you can still act like a total d*ck and nearly kill a cyclist. Probably because you were distracted staring at your 'beautiful little princess' in the rear view mirror!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Omackeral wrote: »
    Could have
    Could have
    Could have

It's "have". It's never "of". "Could of" isn't a thing. It's "could have" or "could've". Same goes for "must have" or "would have". Worse still is this nugget; "would of being". No!!! It's "would have been". Every single time I see it written I want to scoop my eyes out with a rusty spoon. Fcuking hell it's so so prevalent.

and I should have went . . it's not I should have went, it's I should have gone.
    and don't get me started on I seen and I done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Muppets at work that can't separate work from personal issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

People who respond to questions with immediate suspicion, hostility and sarcasm.
    Chill out miss, it was a simple query, no ulterior motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I saw a car with a bunny nose and white fluffy ears on the windows... and just as the last of those stupid reindeer car sets are banished, this comes along!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,770 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I saw a car with a bunny nose and white fluffy ears on the windows... and just as the last of those stupid reindeer car sets are banished, this comes along!

I predicted this in 2015.
    :mad::mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93821163&postcount=2319

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Back at hospital earlier for orthopaedic clinic. Called from main waiting area to waiting area just before you're called in (so limited seats). Woman there with 3 kids with her all taking seats, while the last of the patients called from main area stood.

It's like when men take the seats at antenatal appointments and make the actual patients stand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

This is my ta also
    I agree about the seating .
    Why take 10 from the half empt main waiting area only to put them in a cramped area with 6 seats. Lots of people need someone there with them

I disagree about the anti natal seating. The father has as much right to attend as the mother so seating should be provided for both.
    Any decent man would let the pregnant woman sit

I think the person that's pregnant has the most right to a seat. If there is not enough seats the man (or a female friend not with child) should not be taking a seat while a pregnant person stands

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

When the Euro sign € shows as € when you make a post on boards and in order for the proper sign to show you have to edit your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When things in a house or building is installed wrong eg. having to turn a key clockwise to unlock the lock, having the light switch in the on position actually turns the light off, hot and cold taps the wrong way around etc.

My head feels like it is full of cobwebs. I have too much work to do. And all I want to do is get back into bed. Where are my slippers?

And when did I suddenly turn 90?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I am working with someone today who has a hangover.
    God love them but it is a bit of a TA dealing with someone in that state.

The lights are on but there is no one home.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When people write /rant over

Was recently admitted to hospital with obscenely low blood pressure. Booked in last week with my own GP to discuss this. Parked my car and noticed an old man at the car next to me at his back door putting bags into the car.
    I parked and locked my car, and was walking towards the surgery when I noticed old man panned out on the ground. I got such a fright I thought he was dead so I ran as fast as I could on a wonky leg, to get a real adult to help him. The doctor ran out to him and as far as I can tell the poor thing was alright (thank god)

My TA? I paid to see my GP to discuss my low blood pressure. I was giving him the whole "it's naturally low but it doesn't cause any trouble" speech, as he was taking it. What was my bp? 178/100. He's like "Lexie that's extremely high..."

No sh1t it is, I just found a man laying in a carpark and thought he was dead, I'm about to take a heart attack myself. So it cost me 50 euro and what are the chances that it wasn't even accurate because of the fright I got on the way in.

Lord.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Coworker who is now apparently #irishfitfam, calling a cross trainer "the cross-fit" all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Was recently admitted to hospital with obscenely low blood pressure.

Janey Lexie you're having a lorry load of medical TAs lately, get well soon.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Janey Lexie you're having a lorry load of medical TAs lately, get well soon.
    I know!! Lucky I'm not a horse or they'd have me shot. They're all stemming from the 1 thing though and it's not serious hence why it's only a TA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA waiting for my hair to grow to the length I want after a hairdresser cut too much off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement