Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

TA'd by being made to look like an idiot in front of clients because my company decided to launch an update...and subsequently rolled back on the decision only after I had managed to contact them all about said update.

WHY CAN NOONE MAKE A DECISION AROUND HERE.

Shops that operate annoying-as-heck opening hours. Want to get something printed professionally. The place I use is only open 9:30 - 5:30, closes for lunch from 1 - 2 and is closed on weekends, so to get this done, I need to take time out of my workday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Little blister/cold sore after appearing on my lip. I really hate coldsores.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

When you're on the phone in work and someone comes over to your desk and starts searching for something....someone did this today and was rooting around for ages,I actually wanted to kill them..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

and I should have went . . it's not I should have went, it's I should have gone.
    and don't get me started on I seen and I done

I seen what you done there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When you're in a shop and are looking at something and the sales assistant comes over "isn't that lovely we have it in blue and black and pink and purple" ya I don't care piss off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Veloce

TA in Blanchardstown Shopping Centre last weekend:

When people rest their shopping bags on the roof of your car whilst they begin to load it in their own and when you politely ask them not to do that:

"Tiz only a car would ya gerrova it"

F**CK YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Colser wrote: »
    When you're on the phone in work and someone comes over to your desk and starts searching for something....someone did this today and was rooting around for ages,I actually wanted to kill them..

I was handling a call for a friend who has anxiety and while I struggled to hear the person at the other end, my friend was clattering and banging and scraping at things right next to my ear. I was quite stressed, worrying about missing some key sentence or piece of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Someone shared this on facebook.

First of all. There are 5tsps of sugar in one.

Second of all. If you're not a fat bastard the whole time have the feckin creme egg.

Everyone commenting "OMG won't be having any of them". If one of them is a problem then one of them is not the problem.

17634414_10155241113187372_6960239095806480094_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e0bfd90b9b43dc1d085570777907cfd8&oe=59512477&__gda__=1503167244_e3810194e94f470b54deac977389bcd1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Someone shared this on facebook.

First of all. There are 5tsps of sugar in one.

Second of all. If you're not a fat bastard the whole time have the feckin creme egg.

Everyone commenting "OMG won't be having any of them". If one of them is a problem then one of them is not the problem.

17634414_10155241113187372_6960239095806480094_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e0bfd90b9b43dc1d085570777907cfd8&oe=59512477&__gda__=1503167244_e3810194e94f470b54deac977389bcd1

Worth the 15m run.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Worth the 15m run.

And another thing.

How can they tell how many calories each and every person burns in 15 minutes of running?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Creme eggs TA me. State of them. Rank little yokes.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Creme eggs TA me. State of them. Rank little yokes.

:eek:

Oh no. No no no. Creme Eggs are deadly, and I don't even like chocolate!! I like licking out the bit in the middle :)

Oh no. No no no. Creme Eggs are deadly, and I don't even like chocolate!! I like licking out the bit in the middle :)

Oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hehehehehehehe

Filthy minds!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I couldn't find the similarly named 'Trivial things that enrage you' thread so posting this here.

My MIL has the extremely infuriating habit of putting way too much butter on her knife each and every time she scoops some from the butter tub and she then scrapes the excess butter on the edge of the tub along with the crumbs of the toast/bread or whatever she was buttering. If she then used that butter next time it would be fine but no she goes for new fresh and untouched butter and again takes way too much and scrapes the excess of on the edge. As a result arter a week or two the tub which is still more than half full is a mess of crumbs and butter.

It absolutely enrages me that a grown woman hasn't a clue how much butter she needs for one slice of toast or bread despite being able to butter her own bread/toast for almost 60 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

My TA du jour has to be when someone only tells you half a plan/story and expects you to know what they are on about. My BF does it ALL the time, he will be chatting away and omit certain details and look at me like I've 2 heads when I ask him.... I think he says half of what he means to tell me in his head, but it drives me INSANE!!! I'm not feckin psychic lol

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

When I'm cleaning in the kitchen. I probably have the washing machine, tumble dryer and kettle on maybe the oven too. My daughter will be talking to me from the front room. Then gets mad at me because I'm not answering her. I keep telling her I can't hear her with all those things on the go and she'll have to come into me. Think she'll will learn that?? No chance! Every day!! Same argument :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Shops that have no mirrors in the changing rooms only have them outside them. Screw that! If I look crap in whatever I'm trying on, I don't want the whole Bloody shop to know. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Shops that have no mirrors in the changing rooms only have them outside them. Screw that! If I look crap in whatever I'm trying on, I don't want the whole Bloody shop to know. :mad:

I find the opposite of this to be my TA.I can't find a mirror on most shop floors if I just want to hold something up in front of me rather than having to go into the dressing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My neighbour left zero credit YET again for the dryer. Meaning I had to go out and miss a bit of the match to get change. So fcking ignorant and inconsiderate of other people. Does she think I sh!t out the money in rainbow coloured stripes or something? She has not once paid for her usage and she is a graduate so she isn't stupid and knows full well what she's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

I find people who get trivially annoyed by such minor trivial annoyances trivially annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I couldn't find the similarly named 'Trivial things that enrage you' thread so posting this here.

My MIL has the extremely infuriating habit of putting way too much butter on her knife each and every time she scoops some from the butter tub and she then scrapes the excess butter on the edge of the tub along with the crumbs of the toast/bread or whatever she was buttering. If she then used that butter next time it would be fine but no she goes for new fresh and untouched butter and again takes way too much and scrapes the excess of on the edge. As a result arter a week or two the tub which is still more than half full is a mess of crumbs and butter.

It absolutely enrages me that a grown woman hasn't a clue how much butter she needs for one slice of toast or bread despite being able to butter her own bread/toast for almost 60 years!

She should apply for a job in a deli based on some AH'ers experience of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

This ongoing "coke & hookers" joke in AH. About as funny as being diagnosed with cancer.

Anyone caught using it should be banned permanently.

Fúckin' idiots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

A very sad day today. After 7 years of medical training a friend of mine has been struck off after a minor indiscretion. He slept with one of his patients. They were good friends. So he can no longer work in the profession he loves.

What a waste of time, effort, training and money.
    A genuinely nice guy and a great vet.

Winterlong wrote: »
    A very sad day today. After 7 years of medical training a friend of mine has been struck off after a minor indiscretion. He slept with one of his patients. They were good friends. So he can no longer work in the profession he loves.

What a waste of time, effort, training and money.
    A genuinely nice guy and a great vet.

That seems like a ridiculous rule in this day and age. Consenting adults and all that.

How was it discovered though?

My TA: people who allow their children to become fat. I don't even mean a little bit chubby but not doing something about it when it gets to little bit chubby stage is so so unfair on the child.

I'm looking at a 3/4 year old here who is obese. That is entirely out of the hands of that little girl but will become a huge problem for her to deal with in years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,447 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That seems like a ridiculous rule in this day and age. Consenting adults and all that.

How was it discovered though?

My TA: people who allow their children to become fat. I don't even mean a little bit chubby but not doing something about it when it gets to little bit chubby stage is so so unfair on the child.

I'm looking at a 3/4 year old here who is obese. That is entirely out of the hands of that little girl but will become a huge problem for her to deal with in years to come.

you need to read the last line of the post you quoted again.

you need to read the last line of the post you quoted again.

Hahahahahaha :pac:

Stung!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Adverts for morons!
    You know those ads you see popping up on FB etc, a "special device" to assist idiots who cannot crack an egg in to a pan without getting it all over the cooker, or the "special laces" for adults who cannot figure out how to tie a lace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement