Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you realise how much you've changed as a person.
    I used to be a complete party girl. Masters in Craic. I used to be able to use a beer bong as good if not better than the lads in college. Binge drinking, nights out etc. Used to love my bottle of wine in the evenings and doing Monday Club on my day off.

But I just don't enjoy drinking anymore. At home, 1 glass of wine is enough. Wtf is left over wine?! I know!! If I go out, 2 or 3 drinks and I'm done, I want to go home.

Thing is, I quite enjoyed enjoying drinking and being drunk and find it frustrating it's something I no longer have an interest in.

If that's not a first world problem, I don't know what is

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

My TA: people who allow their children to become fat. I don't even mean a little bit chubby but not doing something about it when it gets to little bit chubby stage is so so unfair on the child.

I'm looking at a 3/4 year old here who is obese. That is entirely out of the hands of that little girl but will become a huge problem for her to deal with in years to come.

Was in the pub last night and popped next door to Supermacs when the champions league was at halftime. Family of 4, 3 overweight kids, rock in and order enough food to feed an army. Probably still wonder where they're going wrong.

My TA: When someone orders a round of drinks off me and waits until I've the whole round finished to ask "actually can I get another pint of Guinness please".. It had to be Guinness..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I realised for the first time since Christmas that I'm actually not tired. Why though? I thought it was due to getting my injections but NO. It is the fact that the neighbours that shout all morning and make loads of noise are gone away and I am not exhausted anymore. Some people are just loud and annoying.
    Where is my little house? Beckoning me, that's where.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Adverts for morons!
    You know those ads you see popping up on FB etc, a "special device" to assist idiots who cannot crack an egg in to a pan without getting it all over the cooker, or the "special laces" for adults who cannot figure out how to tie a lace.

Pointless kitchen gadgets annoy me (the super duper chpper/spiralizer/ thing that makes friend onions in the shape of lotus blossoms) but tbf I can see how those ones would be a ''game changer'' for people with dyspraxia. I know someone really bright who secretly hasn't got the hang of tying his laces yet. It's obviously better that they learn the right way of doing those things, but in the meantime to have something in case they get caught out, but not as a substitute for learning how, seems great!
    Omg I hate the term ''game changer'' :mad:

My TA, a sour, miserable person who won't go a centimeter out of the way to do a tiny thing that would make a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Having zero motivation today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA by the whole Clean Eating GF Bull. I'm coeliac I have to avoid wheat and gluten and it sucks. For the life of me I can not understand why someone would voluntarily give up wheat and gluten

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,874 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ray37 wrote: »
    My TA du jour has to be when someone only tells you half a plan/story and expects you to know what they are on about. My BF does it ALL the time, he will be chatting away and omit certain details and look at me like I've 2 heads when I ask him.... I think he says half of what he means to tell me in his head, but it drives me INSANE!!! I'm not feckin psychic lol

In a similar vein, my brother would answer out loud...to questions I asked him by emailing him at work! Then he'd promptly forget because to his brain the email would have been dealt with. All well and good, except that when he answers I'm not in the same country as him, let alone the same room!!

He told me himself he's prone to do that, but do you think that'd be enough to get him to cop on?!? Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

I had to go to Dublin for a work meeting today. This meant I had to get a train mid-morning and arrive an hour and a half early as getting the next train would mean I'd probably be late or at best, just on time, taking traffic into consideration. That's fine, I've no issue with getting the earlier train and in fact I enjoy being early, I'm one of those people who's always early and despises lateness. Because I was leaving my regular workplace mid-morning, I went in an hour earlier than usual so that I'd get through a nice bit of work first. So by the time I get home this evening I'll have been gone for 13 hours. Fine. But, of the 11 people attending the meeting, I was the only one not based in Dublin. And guess what- 6 of the other 10 were late. I had gone to the time and trouble to ensure I was there in time, travelling more than 200km, yet those who were working within a 10km radius of the venue could not get there in time. Very very frustrating and disrespectful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Dealing with rude people. It's making me itch and crave beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Jrop wrote: »
    TA by the whole Clean Eating GF Bull. I'm coeliac I have to avoid wheat and gluten and it sucks. For the life of me I can not understand why someone would voluntarily give up wheat and gluten

I'm with you there! Some places look at you when you start asking about gluten content like you're being one of these foodies. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

People in senior positions in work who don't have a clue

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

KKkitty wrote: »
    Having zero motivation today.

Happening me today when I had every intention of bursting into a load of work so I'd be clear by Tuesday.
    Doesnt seem to be happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Frosty spuds :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who have literally no sense of humour whatsoever. A guy I work with (who is almost retirement age) was called into the boss' office and reprimanded for making the most inane and innocuous remarks to a girl here! She was joking around about something and he made a jokey comment to her and she got so mad and started crying and now he's in trouble. Lucky I was there to witness it or I wouldn't believe how pathetic it was. The man is 65! Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

madmaggie wrote: »
    I'm with you there! Some places look at you when you start asking about gluten content like you're being one of these foodies. :mad:

A health food restaurant opened up close to me, they were all about how gluten free they were, I said Im allergic to wheat do you do wheat free?. They responded with a list of their gluten free foods!

Ever feel like you're on the wrong planet?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

People considering Pippa O'Connor to be an authority on style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I have a thirst that I just cannot quench. Have drunk enough water so far today to need a set of gills.

TA by Pippa O'Connor. Dunno why but she annoys the heck out of me
    TA Glenda Gilsen too

Jrop wrote: »
    TA by Pippa O'Connor. Dunno why but she annoys the heck out of me

Pippa O'Connor is the dumpy country girls Sophia Loren.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Parchment wrote: »
    People considering Pippa O'Connor to be an authority on style.

It's mad. I used to like her but lately I'm starting to see through the bs. On her snapchat she showed a pic of herself wearing her poco jeans and a white Penneys top. Over the next week I lost count of how many people I saw wearing that exact outfit. Her jeans and the white top.
    People are cray

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Parchment wrote: »
    Pippa O'Connor is the dumpy country girls Sophia Loren.

Pippa O'Connor and Sophia Loren being put in the same sentence:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA at the Pippa love for years. TA at myself for watching her Fb live on Facebook yesterday and actually being surprised at how badly she comes across, even the biggest social influencers doses can come across as somewhat likeable on those livechat things

I think she doesnt have to try too hard to influence - her followers are easily influenced.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I saw a cyclist with a helmetcam the other day zoom through a red light.
    I bet he wasn't going to go uploading that clip... but you can be sure if any other road user dare impede his journey he'd make them well aware he'd upload it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Today is not working out for me. Sandwich maker man put pickles (Yuck) in my sandwich instead of Jalapenos (Yum).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

TA'd at the sheer gall of an acquaintance suggesting that because I don't share the fact that I am in a relationship on FB, that I am making it up! Both myself and the OH are private people and don't feel the need to share our lives with everyone on social media.

Unlike the wan, who basically lives her life through FB. The annoying sap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I'm having a physically awkward day.

Knocking things over, letting doors slam, dropping things.

Everything is too small and too close.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA at people blaming the Tories or Teresa May for everything that's wrong in the world. There's probably similar people with similar gripes against Enda Kenny but I see it most from UK friends. Apparently it's May's fault that girls in the UK are skipping school because of the lack of sanitary products. People grumbling about ''poor little rich folk''. Maybe if they had ever worked a job it might be easier to take them seriously.

TA'd at the sheer gall of an acquaintance suggesting that because I don't share the fact that I am in a relationship on FB, that I am making it up! Both myself and the OH are private people and don't feel the need to share our lives with everyone on social media.

TA that people think you have to share everything on FB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Give her a good kick in the cúnt!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement