Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial Things That Annoy You — Rules in Post #1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

TA: "social influencers"

Go and shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My phone battery is turning my mobile phone into a landline

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Paid a woman to make some things as a gift for a friend. There's four complaints on her Facebook page from customers who paid a year or more ago and never received the order. The woman has a lot of personal problems and has kept making excuses, and I kept letting her off, yet she has her ''favourite customers'' modeling their latest orders over the past month, on her Facebook pages. She's been on two holidays since I placed the order. My sympathy has run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I'm currently house sitting a friends' place. Grand - until the TA arrow struck...

I'll be fcuked if I can work out how to get the fcuking tv working. It's an incredibly fancy yoke.

I also have no patience and hate modern technology. This thing is making me look like a complete tube.

I've given up and put the radio on instead.

Sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Double post. More TA'd now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

TA'd this commute has me wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

The thing about Easter and eggs. I bought chocolates and eggs for some of my family now I'm wondering do I have to buy them all eggs? That's seven eggs altogether? They're all adults. What about me and my own stash. Woe betide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People driving around with their tops down in this weather. It's not remotely warm ffs

That the road works traffic lights on Cross Avenue in Blackrock managed the distinctly useless function of remaining red on both sides, all day, every day this week.

But not before keeping queues of people on both sides all day because, well, most drivers would not break a red light.

And somebody in Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council is going to write a cheque out to some hire company for this great service...

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Approximately 8 vodka tonics tonight, probably 72 bags of crisps, 260 cigarettes, peanuts and a whole nut bar and i'm feeling like a beached whale.
    Though the real TA is my bf snoring beside me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Stupid fking bitch working at the petrol station.
    And a piece of **** bmw driver.

I get in line, get my money ready, wait behind some bumbling asshat patiently, because hey, thats how queues work.

So I finally get to the till, ready to pay for my fuel, with a note and change - just to make it easy - so lets just say the total is €15.15, I have a €20 and 15c change.
    So all dummy has to do is give me €5 change, no fumbling, no fcking around. Life can be so easy.

Upon my arrival after patient waiting, Dumbfck says to me '40 petrol?' .....
    (me) eh, no, €15.15
    (her) are you sure. *this i find a tad offensive in its implication, but let it slide in the interest of making this simple transaction smooth and quick.
    I generally dont steal fuel by deception, but anyway.

(me) yes 15 euro 15 cent.
    (her) i don't see it on the screen. which pump.
    (me - now having to point to my car) pump 2, (i place cash on desk).
    (her) did you put the fuel in cause I ...

(mr 'i drive a beamer dont you know' now enters the station)

(her, looking right past me because i'm an irrelevant piece of ****) 40 petrol?

Chad mc beamer-pants at this point simply reaches over my proletariat shoulder hands the genius at the till his cash, and leaves.

Now some scrote enters the station, walks right up beside me to the till, where this disrespectful bitch is now dealing with the cash of the guy who should be behind me, instead of the irrelevant chump standing right in front of her, and quite naturally, just starts asking questions, and the fcking bitch stars responding to him with answers.

I put this down to my generally quiet, passive, rule abiding manner. And un-threatening stature.

If you're the average sucker who doesnt make a fuss and gets in line you'll simply get brushed aside in this world. By **** in jags and beamers, and scrotes who just dont care.

Anyway, the invisible man here had had enough, so i told her in no uncertain terms to give me my fcking change, grabbed it from her stupid claw and left.

I want to go back in time, slap mr beamers cash right out of the air, reach across the till, grab that stupid bitch by the throat, and ask her why. why do her eyes pick up the reflected light of chinos and dubes, and trackies and gortex, yet not me, the mannerly, patient, considerate chump standing looking right at her.

I hope shes there next time.
    Then the cctv proof of ghosts will finally be available, an empty car pulling in, a petrol hose hovering in the air, a bag of euros manifesting from nowhere, hovering in front of the til briefly, before inexplicably accelerating and caving that bimbos dumb face in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

greencap wrote: »

I get in line, get my money ready, wait behind some bumbling asshat patiently, because hey, thats how queues work.

So I finally get to the till, ready to pay for my fuel, with a note and change - just to make it easy - so lets just say the total is €15.15, I have a €20 and 15c change.
    So all dummy has to do is give me €5 change, no fumbling, no fcking around. Life can be so easy.

(me) eh, no, €15.15
    (her) are you sure. *this i find a tad offensive in its implication, but let it slide in the interest of making this simple transaction smooth and quick.

Chad mc beamer-pants at this point simply reaches over my proletariat shoulder hands the genius at the till his cash, and leaves.

Now some scrote enters the station, walks right up beside me to the till, where this disrespectful bitch is now dealing with the cash of the guy who should be behind me, instead of the irrelevant chump standing right in front of her, and quite naturally, just starts asking questions, and the fcking bitch stars responding to him with answers.

I put this down to my generally quiet, passive, rule abiding manner. And un-threatening stature.

If you're the average sucker who doesnt make a fuss and gets in line you'll simply get brushed aside in this world. By **** in jags and beamers, and scrotes who just dont care.

Anyway, the invisible man here had had enough, so i told her in no uncertain terms to give me my fcking change, grabbed it from her stupid claw and left.

I want to go back in time, slap mr beamers cash right out of the air, reach across the till, grab that stupid bitch by the throat, and ask her why. why do her eyes pick up the reflected light of chinos and dubes, and trackies and gortex, yet not me, the mannerly, patient, considerate chump standing looking right at her.

Then the cctv proof of ghosts will finally be available, an empty car pulling in, a petrol hose hovering in the air, a bag of euros manifesting from nowhere, hovering in front of the til briefly, before inexplicably accelerating and caving that bimbos dumb face in.
    Maybe you didnt hang up the nozzle right and it wasnt showing on her screen?

Often happened me

Maybe you didnt hang up the nozzle right and it wasnt showing on her screen?

Often happened me

Nope.

But even if so, go, resolve the issue, return, finish dealing with the person at the top of the queue. Then say next.

I swear to christ, if this happens with some role reversal, im left patiently waiting in line, as should be, every time.

Its never happening again. Someone reaches over my shoulder Im either stepping in the way, or taking my cash and walking out - they can call the gardai and chase up the payment.
    bar, restaurant, petrol station, shop i swear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The one morning I am able to have a sleep in is the one morning I wake with the birds...

Nope.

But even if so, go, resolve the issue, return, finish dealing with the person at the top of the queue. Then say next.

I swear to christ, if this happens with some role reversal, im left patiently waiting in line, as should be, every time.

Its never happening again. Someone reaches over my shoulder Im either stepping in the way, or taking my cash and walking out - they can call the gardai and chase up the payment.
    bar, restaurant, petrol station, shop i swear.

Dude. You need to take it easy. That's some serious anger there. You'll make yourself sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

We've been having a problem at work with the drains. The toilets are working fine but the sinks are draining very slowly. This is despite putting drain cleaner down them etc.

Anyhooo the landlord sends a plumber to check it out. I wasn't there but hubby was (plumber was supposed to call me first). Hubby shows him the toilets and the plumber dedeuces that 'ohh people aren't holding the handle down for long enough and debris isn't being fully flushed.'. Arrrragh the toilets are fine it is the sinks at the far end of the unit! Hubby never thought to call me given the fact that I actually highlighted a problem he knew nothing about.....

So now not much point in calling the plumber til Tuesday to get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Was at Ed last night.

TA'd at the two couples beside us who barely even looked at him, too busy having the chats! Shouting chats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Taking painkillers last night, but them wiping me out. I don't think I could feel any worse if I'd been chawing the jaw off myself all night. TA I have to work but can barely open my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

People capitalising words in titles and not doing it correctly.
    When in doubt, don't capitalise at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

(me) eh, no, €15.15

A totally extreme reaction to a trivial issue which most people would make nothing of and forget about. I'm not sure if you're being serious but if you are, you probably should try sort that irrational anger out. I feel sorry for the cashier in your post. You sound more than TA'd, you sound fuming.

Trivially annoyed at how some people treat petrol station workers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

(me) eh, no, €15.15

I hear you! I've been standing beside my "daughter" and see much the same type of thing happen over and over, it's sickening to be shown such disrespect and makes me understand why ppl go postal. Its an illustration of how ppl think ordinary manners/clothes/cars are less than. I feel you for you, not only crazy making but esteem draining too.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

That FRICKING insurance ad, or rather the series of insurance ads, aimed at women with the catchprhase "It's TOIME to ANE it!"

Sets my teeth on edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Wednesday I text the electrician who works on my sibs house, he's due to do a big job in a few weeks and the job now has to be extended. I told his exactly what is needed and where the jobs are located in the house(which he knows well).

Later that day he calls me and asks to speak to sib to confirm what exactly was needed, sib is annoyed that I wouldn't take the call and wrecks our pm going on and on about it.

Obvious to me, he wanted to talk to "the man of the house", and I get grief cause the electrician is sexist!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Wednesday I text the electrician who works on my sibs house, he's due to do a big job in a few weeks and the job now has to be extended. I told his exactly what is needed and where the jobs are located in the house(which he knows well).

Later that day he calls me and asks to speak to sib to confirm what exactly was needed, sib is annoyed that I wouldn't take the call and wrecks our pm going on and on about it.

Obvious to me, he wanted to talk to "the man of the house", and I get grief cause the electrician is sexist!!!!!!!

You've just reminded me, TA'd at electricians who say they're going to get a part and three days later have still not come back

anna080 wrote: »
    A totally extreme reaction to a trivial issue which most people would make nothing of and forget about. I'm not sure if you're being serious but if you are, you probably should try sort that irrational anger out. I feel sorry for the cashier in your post.

Trivially annoyed at how some people treat petrol station workers.

Its the purest, most telling, form of disrespect I can think of.
    If she had picked up the loudspeaker/tannoy and said 'attention important people, please ignore the chump and proceed to the till' it would be no different.
    Certain things happen to certain categories of people, and I know exactly which category this high and mighty retail worker had me in.

Its the purest, most telling, form of disrespect I can think of.
    If she had picked up the loudspeaker/tannoy and said 'attention important people, please ignore the chump and proceed to the till' it would be no different.
    Certain things happen to certain categories of people, and I know exactly which category this high and mighty retail worker had me in.

More than likely she had the €40 petrol already "rung up" on the till, you said it wasn't you, the other man came in and instead of cancelling the sale, she asked him was it he who had the €40 petrol and proceeded with the sale. A total non event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

More than likely she had the €40 petrol already "rung up" on the till, you said it wasn't you, the other man came in and instead of cancelling the sale, she asked him was it he who had the €40 petrol and proceeded with the sale. A total non event.

Yeah, that is what I reckon happened. It is hard to cancel a transaction if you do not know how and some registers require a manager to do the cancellation.

She probably could have explained this, but sounds like a bit of attitude on both sides to be honest.

BUT HE WAS DRIVING A BEEMER.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

People who use "rob" when they mean "steal" e.g. "my phone was robbed". People get robbed, things get stolen. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

(me) eh, no, €15.15

If you're right and it wasn't a misunderstanding, then that makes her a shallow eejit and unprofessional. You make it worse for yourself by letting it get to you that much. The bmw guy might look like he has it all but everyone has their problems and we are all human. You should try to rise above it or you'll look back at your life when you're eighty and realise you wasted it being bitter about everyone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement